Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to make this easier for you guys.

Month 1:
20190303_141843.jpg

Month 2:
20190303_134403.jpg

My hair is much longer in photo 2. Because of my weird pattern, it's super hard to tell if i have any improvement.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still see regrowth and thickening. Turn up the intensity now.

I don't see much improvement, the thickening you mention is very minor, the darker hair you see is mostly because it's longer.
I will definitely cut my hair for month 3 photos.

I do see healthy written all over my hair though.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see much improvement, the thickening you mention is very minor, the darker hair you see is mostly because it's longer.
I will definitely cut my hair for month 3 photos.

I do see healthy written all over my hair though.

It's gotten better. Roll harder now and with more intensity. It's key

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZidaneBaldGod - Ah - okay! I couldn't figure that out. Here's a cropped comparison with your noggin rotated the same way. Definitely would be easier to ascertain with the same length of hair.

That said - the right side of your crown (Edit: really, looks like the whole perimeter) is most interesting when glancing between these photos. Maybe it is angle, lighting, hair length - but it looks to have closed in some:

vtT8Oci.jpg

Last edited:

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZidaneBaldGod - Ah - okay! I couldn't figure that out. Here's a cropped comparison with your noggin rotated the same way. Definitely would be easier to ascertain with the same length of hair.

That said - the right side of your crown is most interesting when glancing between these photos. Maybe it is angle, lighting, hair length - but it looks to have closed in some:

View attachment 114009

Improvement, even if it's not the same hair lenght, it can't be denied.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude just relax and buy the antiseptic liquid solution. It's really not a big deal. You are over complicating everything. I use this:

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/betadine-antiseptic-solution/ID=prod1544040-product

This is my safety regimen:

1. Soak dermaroller in isopropyl alcohol
2. Shower. Wash scalp thoroughly.
3. Apply betadine to scalp. Let sit for 10 minutes so it penetrates scalp. Don't rinse.
4. Dermaroll with betadine still on scalp.
5. When finished, rinse dermaroller under tap water to rinse off debris. Soak again in isopropyl alcohol.
6. Rinse off scalp / blood / betadine with cold water .
7. Dry scalp with clean paper towels. Re apply betadine. Let sit for 10 minutes.
8. Rinse, dry, put everything away. Don't let anything unclean touch scalp for a day at least. Wait 12 - 24 hrs for Minoxidil.

It's so easy and safe. I roll with intensity and really draw blood and I've never had an issue.

Clean paper towels? what is that?

Also how do you apply that betadine? is it liquid format? does it come with a dropper or a spray? and how do you spread it around? I guess you apply it in your hands too. Im considering using vinyl gloves.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
20190303_160107.jpg

Just for reference, this is my hair if i grow it out SUUUUPER LONG and go into combover mode.

As i said, my pattern makes any improvement super hard to see.
Because when i cut my hair, it looks super thin, but when i grow it out, there are patches of hair that darken while others grow much less.
That's why i should try to keep my hair at the same lenght.

I will cut my hair and keep it at this same, baseline lenght for the next months photos.
I do think i got some very minor improvement, but most of the work you see is just... longer hair.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just to make this easier for you guys.

Month 1:
View attachment 114005

Month 2:
View attachment 114004
My hair is much longer in photo 2. Because of my weird pattern, it's super hard to tell if i have any improvement.

Progress pics aren't valid if the lenght isn't the same. Also the pic above is a different angle, so different lightning, it's also blurry, please take better pics if you are going to take pics at all.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Progress pics aren't valid if the lenght isn't the same. Also the pic above is a different angle, so different lightning, it's also blurry, please take better pics if you are going to take pics at all.

Yup i will instruct my barber to keep my hair at the same lenght as photo 2 for the next few months.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yup i will instruct my barber to keep my hair at the same lenght as photo 2 for the next few months.

I think the best way to do it is to take the progress pics after a haircut (always at same lenght) so its fresh. Also don't try the combover, you lost too much hair, buzzcut it. Most people are already on buzzcutland and don't accept it, combover is for 50 year old men tbh

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the best way to do it is to take the progress pics after a haircut (always at same lenght) so its fresh. Also don't try the combover, you lost too much hair, buzzcut it. Most people are already on buzzcutland and don't accept it, combover is for 50 year old men tbh

I guess you missed the part where i said that i usually bic my head and go full bald.
I'm only growing it because it makes it easier to see progress, if there's any.

Tbh i'm just doing this as a fun experiment, i don't even care about balding anymore, especially since i found out that i look incredibly good completely bald.

Anyhow i will pay a visit to my barber soon and tell him to keep my hair at this lenght for the next few months.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Clean paper towels? what is that?

Also how do you apply that betadine? is it liquid format? does it come with a dropper or a spray? and how do you spread it around? I guess you apply it in your hands too. Im considering using vinyl gloves.

Again, you are overthinking. Get paper towels on a roll. Unravel the paper towels. If you don't want to use the first one because it's exposed, chuck it.

The betadine comes in a bottle and is dispensed in drops. Squirt drops on scalp. Wash hands thoroughly. Spread betadine on scalp. Use latex gloves if you prefer. Im not trying to be rude but I'm having a hard time understanding what is difficult about this and I can't spoon feed the regimen much more than I am. Maybe it's me, and if it is, i apologize.

Last edited:

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess you missed the part where i said that i usually bic my head and go full bald.
I'm only growing it because it makes it easier to see progress, if there's any.

Tbh i'm just doing this as a fun experiment, i don't even care about balding anymore, especially since i found out that i look incredibly good completely bald.

Anyhow i will pay a visit to my barber soon and tell him to keep my hair at this lenght for the next few months.

You and i have very similar stories. I literally stopped caring about being bald because i have the same exact balding and head shape as you. I look good with a shaved head.

Im doing this as an experiment and the experiment is working. I can now rock a lined up high bald fade thanks to minoxidil and dermarolling. Either way, I'm good but it's fun and im actually getting my hair back.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought a small spray bottle which I pour my Betadine into. That way it's very simple to spray it directly onto the areas which I dermarolled.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a while, this microneedling stuff is quite an exciting development. I've only needled 3 times over the past 4 months but I may increase the frequency to every 2-3 weeks. I've already seen some results with little clumps of 10 or so dark new hairs appearing on my temples a cm or so in front of my hairline. The rest of my hair seems to be thickening slightly too.

I know I'm still in the very early stages but I feel good about this because this is a treatment where results seem to compound and increase over time. I'm like a NW3 or 4, 26 years old so I had basically given up on trying to treat hair loss. Didn't want to take finasteride and minoxidil didn't really seem worth it to me but needling is something I'm willing to get on board with. I buzz my hair on the shortest setting so it's pretty easy to needle thoroughly. I've never used minoxidil or finasteride or any topicals other than nizoral shampoo. Just microneedling once a month or so with the 1.5 mm setting on a derma pen, medium speed. I've also been using the pen on my face for some acne scarring and I'm seeing positive results with that as well. The first couple times I used the pen I found it very painful, especially on the scalp, but in my session last week I was able to tolerate it much better. I've been doing some light scalp massages as well.

Anyway just wanted to check in, I haven't seen too many people doing the needling only route without any minoxidil so I wanted to share. Hopefully I'll have more positive results in the future and some progress pics to post.
I’m needling without minoxidil. Might add sandalore instead. Do you think you’ve seen progress since you started?