Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never used betadine. I am sure there are extra things people could take to get better results but my results are from dermaroller, minoxidil and occasional Nizoral use. I smoke and my diet is not good.

I'm not suggesting that betadine won't help - I have no idea - but, from my experience, it isn't key to getting results.

You are an exception. More people than not had success with betadine. Even the dude from the foreign language forum who was rolling hard uses it

jiggo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

whats the current status? How does this work in terms of maintance and regrowth apart from the guy in the first post?

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@jiggo - No one knows for sure. You can read 385 pages to make your own assessment though. There's lots of results throughout and plenty of anecdotes.

Plenty of people seem to be re-growing hair. Maintenance is another story. There's only so many people that's been doing this long enough to give any idea. Signs are positive though. Participants in the studies kept their new hair for quite awhile as well... can't remember which study, but 18 months or so afterwards.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been avoiding this for a long time but I need to stop lying to myself and admit it.
I am quite confident that finasteride/dutasteride caused massive brain fog and crippled my neuro-steroids.
I am not trying to brag but I've been a very smart chap all my life, I was very fast to pick up concepts in class until eventually I started taking propecia and it slowly increased the brain fog.

In the last 3 years only a few times I've felt this strange feeling of a huge burden being lifted from my head and I could think very clearly. Today is that day. I cannot tell you how different and free I feel as compared to other days in my life where I feel crippled. I think these few days I've experienced were either the days where I forgot to pop a pill or the pill did not work for whatever reason (maybe was not broken down by enzymes).

Joe rogan has talked about depressive symptoms of propecia on his podcast and several others have mentioned it too. So, I am sure it's not a fluke.
I feel so good today, I cannot describe that feeling in words. I am considering quitting dutasteride but I am afraid I will lose my hair rapidly. Anyone else here has quit propecia/dutasteride and maintained hair with dermarolling etc.? Please share your experience if you have.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I've received a dermastamp with my STR because of the delay of shipping, and I wanted to try. So i basicaly stamped at ~1.5 mm (i don't think i went full depth) few times (like 3-4 times, but not that much) in m right temple and wow, i bleed so much. Like really a lot of blood for the few times i stamped. Very impressive. Is it normal to bleed that much after the first use of microneedling ? And is it normal to bleed that much for just a few holes ?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are an exception. More people than not had success with betadine. Even the dude from the foreign language forum who was rolling hard uses it

I doubt that. It's not mentioned anywhere in the Chinese study and I'd be very surprised if the majority of people who have seen results were using betadine.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is betadine not just a disinfectant

Yes. From a very quick read, iodine deficiency can cause hair loss so getting idioine in betadine would perhaps help people with an iodine deficiency but I don't think betadine has much to do with the efficacy of microneedling + minoxidil for the average person.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. From a very quick read, iodine deficiency can cause hair loss so getting idioine in betadine would perhaps help people with an iodine deficiency but I don't think betadine has much to do with the efficacy of microneedling + minoxidil for the average person.

I agree.... It doesn't have anything to do with Microneedling and minoxidil directly. But indirectly it gets absorbed in the scalp for iodine deficiency.

It's just another possible angle for some to tackle their possible hair loss if that's their reason. We shouldn't discredit it. We could all be experiencing hair loss for different reasons, so we should tackle all angles.

Scientifically, iodine helps hair regrowth.

It may not have been necessary for you, but possibly for others. It takes 1 minute to cover your scalp in it during and after rolling. Plus it's a good safety measure.

I encourage EVERYONE to add it to their regimen in addition to sanitizing their rollers with isopropyl alcohol

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2 months in, no resluts yet. Definitely not planning to give up any time soon...

This whole betadine thing could be true. I thought about this some weeks ago, after I saw that the 2young guy used it to and he had the best results. But I wasn't aware that it also was used in the study. ImI thinking about adding it

Pepe with hair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 months in, no resluts yet. Definitely not planning to give up any time soon...

This whole betadine thing could be true. I thought about this some weeks ago, after I saw that the 2young guy used it to and he had the best results. But I wasn't aware that it also was used in the study. ImI thinking about adding it

What Norwood are you at ?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree.... It doesn't have anything to do with Microneedling and minoxidil directly. But indirectly it gets absorbed in the scalp for iodine deficiency.

It's just another possible angle for some to tackle their possible hair loss if that's their reason. We shouldn't discredit it. We could all be experiencing hair loss for different reasons, so we should tackle all angles.

Scientifically, iodine helps hair regrowth.

It may not have been necessary for you, but possibly for others. It takes 1 minute to cover your scalp in it during and after rolling. Plus it's a good safety measure.

I encourage EVERYONE to add it to their regimen in addition to sanitizing their rollers with isopropyl alcohol

Yeh, it certainly can't do any harm to add it in. Hair regrowth aside, it's probably good practice to use it before dermarolling.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I needled with iodine this morning. Applied it right before with a dropper, let it dry (about 5 minutes) then punctured away. Also needled my face and neck today so I applied to that area as well.

Was kind of a pain in the *** to be honest. It ran everywhere and stains the sink and everything else it touches. That being said, I'll probably use it until my supply runs out. If it jump starts something then I'll re-up. If not, it goes to the boneyard with the rest of them.

I'm wondering iodine acts to accelerate the healing process and THAT is when you can get amazing gains? Isn't that what Follica was producing, some type of wound healing solution in conjunction with a needling device? I did just get back from the gym so some broscience thinking may have rubbed off on me.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@benjt2 - Yep, indeed. There is the science behind the studies at least.

Hopefully more people have results from microneedling alone, or that were minoxidil non-responders prior to needling. There are a few out there from accounts on this thread.

It's been said before ... this community trial won't have the best data to go off of sadly. Everyone has such different regimens, also changing things up as they go. Hopefully some folks turn up with the results you want to see from the regimens that are meaningful to you.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But, you can't just apply rosemary oil on to the scalp. It would burn and also it is suggested that a carrier should be used with rosemary mainly because of that. I'm afraid that water also can't be used as Essential oils don't mix well with water. And for daily use I can't use other oils as a vehicle. Thus, I thought I may make DIY rosemary oil topical using alcohol

I put rosemary oil on my scalp immediately after needling and it doesn't burn

Hi guys,

whats the current status? How does this work in terms of maintance and regrowth apart from the guy in the first post?

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-from-tressless.117746/page-377#post-1773837