Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wait that’s not true. Most people here are trialing this because finasteride is an epic c*** killler.

But it is true, most of the best regrowths are from finasteride+min users, dutasteride users.. dermaroll/pen only users are a novelty so not as much evidence of success.

What's clear is that we want ideally use EVERYTHING. We must nuke androgens from our scalp as well as use whatever growth factors this triggers. Of course we must do it locally, not become choirboys.. that's the challenge.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My wrist hurts from scrolling through 300 something pages but I decided to compile the most significant results from earlier in the thread. On microneedling this is (given none of these are fakes) all we really know for sure.

I don't think we have any information, good or bad, yet on maintenance over the long term. From what I saw even 2young wouldn't post current pictures although claims his hair stayed.

I'm in the process of gathering photos to add to this later, there are also some other examples from tressless that I have to look into

74775446 aka Numbers (holy crap I missed that war, Brotzu rest his soul)

2young2retire

prettyfly83

MyThinningConfidence

MinervaCGI has a bunch of impressive pictures he didn't source lol

MussNuss

Ludachris Batbak

layabout

Gomi (get a drink for this one)

chen

Hakandogan

Claims to address

"Minoxidil affects collagen"
"Minoxidil immediately applied affects regrowth"
"Minoxidil immediately applied is unsafe"
"Needling affects calcification or fibrosis"
"Hair regrows in the same order it bald...balded (beld?)"
"Drawing blood triggers regrowth"
"Needling alone can or can't produce regrowth"
"Basically does any topical besides minoxidil affect regrowth"

Let me know if I am missing information. If you would like to contribute to this list please post photos with cosmetically substantial regrowth. It's much harder to tell why a result hasn't occurred than to speculate why a clear result did occur

Other good writeups

Very Impressive Dermarolling

And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Very nice, to contribute to the database, ideally participants would test their hormone, vitamin, mineral levels.. anything that could be related to growth factors. Namely, thyroid hormonal levels, sexual hormones (DHT, etc) growth factors such as GH, IGF 1, and other relevant growth factors.. that's what we should do if we want to be scientific and see which profiles are the ones responding the best at dermapen or dermarolling.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Reading the abstract from the chinese study, it seems their theory is that microneedling enhances absorption which leads to growth whereas the indian study theorizes it is growth factors from wounding that leads to growth. Probably why in the chinese study they apply minoxidil right after wounding. But microneedling is only done once every two weeks so how much could absorption actually be a factor

Minoxidil afaik has a lifetime of around 22 hours, so assuming the healing of the scalp is almost done in a couple of days.. thats just a couple of days of increased absorption in 14 days.

Unless dermarolling or penning has a permanent change in the structure of the scalp allowing for increased absorption even if you do it every 2 weeks as the chinese study, i don't see how it would be relevant to put minoxidil right after. Just trying to use logic here.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I clicked on the link of the Spanish forum where that guy posted his progress. Not to sound snobbish but his grammar was so so bad (like illiterate) that I kind of disregarded his thread.

My theory(s) on that guy's lost of hair:

1) He has suffered from something similar to damage done by hair transplants: shock loss, due the agressive rolling
2) Androgens have fucked up his hair and cancelled the regrowth
3) It's a scam

stillwaters

Reaction score
Congrats.

So being more or less bald are you saying you started this regime as a Norwood 4 or 5?

I'm not sure what that means -- I haven't lost more hair since I started. What hair appears to be growing, is growing in the reverse pattern as I lost it.

The guys complaining about not getting to norwood 0 or 1 seem odd to me. I've been balding since a teenager (I'm 36 now). It got me upset in the beginning and I'd check this board every year and everything was always "5-6 years away" and most people lost hope and assumed going bald was inevitable. Now people are growing their hair back in a matter of months and it's still hard for me (and many others) to believe. If you're at a n1 or n2 or whatever and you're on this board, you may be the first people in human existence that were able to "catch their hairloss before it got worse" and believe with some confidence that you can keep the hair you have without paying for transplants.

Last edited:

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil afaik has a lifetime of around 22 hours, so assuming the healing of the scalp is almost done in a couple of days.. thats just a couple of days of increased absorption in 14 days.

Unless dermarolling or penning has a permanent change in the structure of the scalp allowing for increased absorption even if you do it every 2 weeks as the chinese study, i don't see how it would be relevant to put minoxidil right after. Just trying to use logic here.

This was my thought before as well, until i used the derminator. I think absorption is increased even days after because i can feel my scalp sting a bit from the sweqt while at the gym a day after using it

qwerty07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you consume pumpkin seed oil and and turmeric in the form of capsules or food items?

I use the Puritans pride brand of Tumeric and Pumpkin seed oil. Both in capsules. 1000mg each. I take 1 Pso and 1 Tumeric a day.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I agree with the first part almost entirely (except that healing of the scalp is just 2 days, it’s much longer - but I get what you meant) and also wanted to add something.

If we assume for a moment that dermarolling helps to get rid of fibrosis (not a small assumption though), it’d imply that Minoxidil would penetrate better and perhaps that explains why people (like me) with years of Minoxidil before didn’t have great results until now.

On the other hand even though I started putting Minoxidil right after, I’m not so sure if it’s beneficial or not so I can’t take any side.

HairlossCureLurker

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a norwood 2 and I've been dermarolling more than 2 months now and have been seeing som light fuzz at my temples and front, but yesterday I notice a couple of tall hairs at my right temple on a bald spot close to my hairline like it's starting to close in.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About to do 6th session, but so far nothing to report other than what looks like baby hairs(vellus?) on the temple point area. Had my first experience with heart rate increase using min. I did a bit over the usual 1ml and starting feeling really anxious shortly after, which made it hard to go to sleep. I've only been using min at night

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a bit off topic. I want to make a DIY topical using Rosemary oil. What kind of ethanol would be okay to use as a driver? Please let me know. Thanks

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a norwood 2 and I've been dermarolling more than 2 months now and have been seeing som light fuzz at my temples and front, but yesterday I notice a couple of tall hairs at my right temple on a bald spot close to my hairline like it's starting to close in.

I can definitely see those and even this morning I noticed a single hair in the very front, quite far from the rest. Probably somewhere where my original hairline was. These kind of things make you even happier (even though I’m buzzed and I already see a lot of changes overall).

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started microneedling last Friday after seeing this & the other thread, just finished my second session.
I use the MyM derma pen, which is pretty good, and only cost $25 on ebay.
I'm NW2-2.5, have been using minoxidil for a year.
I've lost some ground since I started min, but here's hoping that changes. Just a week after my first session some of my tiny blond temple hairs have turned black.
2.5mm weekly, lidocaine 2% prior, minoxidil immediately after.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But it is true, most of the best regrowths are from finasteride+min users, dutasteride users.. dermaroll/pen only users are a novelty so not as much evidence of success.

What's clear is that we want ideally use EVERYTHING. We must nuke androgens from our scalp as well as use whatever growth factors this triggers. Of course we must do it locally, not become choirboys.. that's the challenge.

I'll never take finasteride. I found the Indian study while I was looking for alternatives to finasteride and hair transplants lol.

I agree with what you've said but my motivation for finding a solution to hair loss was my fear of taking finasteride and experiencing sides.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
If we assume for a moment that dermarolling helps to get rid of fibrosis (not a small assumption though), it’d imply that Minoxidil would penetrate bette

Absortion /effect of minoxidil can be modified only with damp scalp
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27356887
Minoxidil topical treatment may be more efficient if applied on damp scalp in comparison with dry scalp.

also a thread
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...se-absorption-of-minoxidil-by-3-5times.58392/

BTW interesting about grapefruit and finas

Good old times, I "knew" Bryan in alt.baldspot.sci,

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It likely doesn't have a permanent change in the scalp, which means it is super relevant to put minoxidil right after.
Looks like you are defeating your own argument here?

I am doing light penning every other day to help absorption as well during the healing process, because I believe the scalp closes up quickly. So I don't change my minoxidil regimen, just more penning = more absorption, and the sooner the better so scalp is still wide open in my opinion.

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My wrist hurts from scrolling through 300 something pages but I decided to compile the most significant results from earlier in the thread. On microneedling this is (given none of these are fakes) all we really know for sure.

I don't think we have any information, good or bad, yet on maintenance over the long term. From what I saw even 2young wouldn't post current pictures although claims his hair stayed.

I'm in the process of gathering photos to add to this later, there are also some other examples from tressless that I have to look into

74775446 aka Numbers (holy crap I missed that war, Brotzu rest his soul)

2young2retire

prettyfly83

MyThinningConfidence

MinervaCGI has a bunch of impressive pictures he didn't source lol

MussNuss

Ludachris Batbak

layabout

Gomi (get a drink for this one)

chen

Hakandogan

Claims to address

"Minoxidil affects collagen"
"Minoxidil immediately applied affects regrowth"
"Minoxidil immediately applied is unsafe"
"Needling affects calcification or fibrosis"
"Hair regrows in the same order it bald...balded (beld?)"
"Drawing blood triggers regrowth"
"Needling alone can or can't produce regrowth"
"Basically does any topical besides minoxidil affect regrowth"

Let me know if I am missing information. If you would like to contribute to this list please post photos with cosmetically substantial regrowth. It's much harder to tell why a result hasn't occurred than to speculate why a clear result did occur

Other good writeups

Very Impressive Dermarolling

And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Amazing work!

Would you mind copy-pasting that into the survey thread I created, so we have all the results photos with the survey data in one place?

Thanks