Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have other areas on your scalp shown any improvement recently?

The rest is still much the same as it was after about 9 months of doing this but I was so happy with the results that I didn't really expect much improvement beyond that.

I've been pretty lax with my dermarolling and minoxidil application. Can't remember the last time I used my dermaroller/pen and I fall asleep on the couch before I've put minoxidil in on a regular basis.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey welcome back man. I really want to thank you for putting in efforts and giving this much valuable information. I've just started microneedling. I hope it works for me too.

Best of luck. I hope it works for you, too.

Usual advice: take lots of photos and add them to an album. It's far too hard to see progress in the mirror.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The rest is still much the same as it was after about 9 months of doing this but I was so happy with the results that I didn't really expect much improvement beyond that.

I've been pretty lax with my dermarolling and minoxidil application. Can't remember the last time I used my dermaroller/pen and I fall asleep on the couch before I've put minoxidil in on a regular basis.

Be careful, you may lose your gains quick.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Usual advice: take lots of photos and add them to an album. It's far too hard to see progress in the mirror.

I think this is very important advice.

At present I don't see much, if any difference looking at the mirror 2.5 months in. Yet I am staring at the hairline and temples in the mirror (obviously the hardest and latest areas that will see progress, if any - especially based on your progress). Most activity has been at my crown - which I can't see in a mirror. One's memory and ability to compare status from months ago is impossible. That's best left to a photo.

Taking good photos is also very hard. Lighting and angles can really change your perception of what is going on for the better, or worse. You can convince yourself nothing is happening due to bad photos.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone collecting pictures to have them in a centralized place or post (ideally the first one of this thread)? I wanted to talk to my balding friend about this, I showed my improvements but obviously would like to show him more evidence so that he can give it a try. Latest two cases (@chen and the guy few pages ago, just forgot the name) are very good examples already though.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone collecting pictures to have them in a centralized place or post (ideally the first one of this thread)? I wanted to talk to my balding friend about this, I showed my improvements but obviously would like to show him more evidence so that he can give it a try. Latest two cases (@chen and the guy few pages ago, just forgot the name) are very good examples already though.

I've forgotten who put it together so sorry I can't give credit but one of the regular posters here compiled some:

http://imgur.com/a/9moOBwA

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score

And you havent felt like having a bad hair day? That'd be good news as in it may seems that microneedling results are solid.
Lately I'm missing 1 or 2 days of min and/or finas a week and worries me that that's enough to f*** it all up

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It is a constant challenge. There's been some good summaries over time by a few dedicated users here. Someone already posted the imgur compilation which was the first <200 pages or so by @ThinnerBeginner

@nohairnolife did this summary of the most significant responders to date on Page 377.

Ideally it would be nice to begin compiling this on a separate results based thread with background included on everyone's regimens. Especially since some are not purely minoxidil+Needling.

Last edited:

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because unluckily, i am also suffering from dandruff and mild seborrheic dermatitis.
And as far as i know, microneedling is contraindicated in the present of such these skin chronic inflammatory conditions.
Although now some anti-dandruff shampoos are keeping mine almost under control, but i am afraid if microneedling cause flare-up of it and makes it worse.
I think i will consult a dermatologist.

inflammation is surely caused by the aag itself(dht). I also had mild dermatitis and dandruff and since I started dermarolling my skin looks way better. I even dropped nizoral

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
inflammation is surely caused by the aag itself(dht). I also had mild dermatitis and dandruff and since I started dermarolling my skin looks way better. I even dropped nizoral

Im still waiting for someone to answer: does ketaconzole defeat the purpose of needling? Ketaconzole is an anti inflammatory and wounding regenerates hair by inflammation.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
It is a constant challenge. There's been some good summaries over time by a few dedicated users here. Someone already posted the imgur compilation which was the first <200 pages or so by @ThinnerBeginner

@nohairnolife did this summary of the most significant responders to date on Page 377.

Ideally it would be nice to begin compiling this on a separate results based thread with background included on everyone's regimens. Especially since some are not purely minoxidil+Needling.

Either that or edit this one's thread OP (@ZenHead ) or the FAQS one (@Bill_Russo )

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
In response to Lenuam as well:

Natural DHT Blockers (Blocks by 5-AR types 1 and 2, potentially 3 as well)

Pumpkin Seed Oil (1000mg)
Tumeric(1000mg)

Do you consume pumpkin seed oil and and turmeric in the form of capsules or food items?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is drawing blood absolutely necessary? I needle at 1.5mm and get no blood, just slight redness at temples. Does this mean I’m not pressing hard enough?

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this is very important advice.

At present I don't see much, if any difference looking at the mirror 2.5 months in. Yet I am staring at the hairline and temples in the mirror (obviously the hardest and latest areas that will see progress, if any - especially based on your progress). Most activity has been at my crown - which I can't see in a mirror. One's memory and ability to compare status from months ago is impossible. That's best left to a photo.

Taking good photos is also very hard. Lighting and angles can really change your perception of what is going on for the better, or worse. You can convince yourself nothing is happening due to bad photos.

Very true. When I started taking photos I didn't think about consistent angles and lighting. Also realized how bad phones are at close up photos, at least my phone anyway.

It's quick to lose track of where you started especially when looking every day. Those closest to you who see you every day won't say anything about the gradual changes either. Combination of the gradualness of the changes with the fact that its perceived as a sensitive thing to talk about a balding dudes hair, even if it's intended as a compliment, I guess.

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is drawing blood absolutely necessary? I needle at 1.5mm and get no blood, just slight redness at temples. Does this mean I’m not pressing hard enough?

People definitely bleed at different rates, and it's hard not to question effectiveness if you aren't seeing blood.

I just did my first 1.5mm derma pen last night (on medium speed) and got no blood whatsoever, but a very red and sensitive scalp, which is still red 16 hours later.

I was getting a little bit of blood from the 1.5mm derma rolling but that may have been because of the wider angles the rolling takes as opposed to stamping, it may have just been gashing me a bit.

I don't know if there is enough data out there to definitively state whether bleeding is necessary or not. I do know that I will be upping the speed and/or depth to see if I will bleed and can take the pain if I increase. I will just push to my limit regardless of if I bleed or not.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im still waiting for someone to answer: does ketaconzole defeat the purpose of needling? Ketaconzole is an anti inflammatory and wounding regenerates hair by inflammation.

No idea but I used it while I was getting my results. I haven't used it for a couple of months now but I did at the start once or twice a week.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

No it isn't necessary. There's no mention of blood in the studies: the Indian one, for example, refers only to 'mild erythema'.