Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
this can be a big problem.
So the ideal solution is to use dermaroller only until you recover your hair and at the same time keep the finasteride so we can give more recovery time.
that's why I said that finasteride and dermaroller with minoxidil are complementary and I set as a goal to decrease the use of the dermaroller after 2022 when I believe I have recovered the whole hair

Those papers use words like ‘can’ cause and ‘may’ cause.

They don’t say ‘do’ cause or ‘will’ cause.

I think it’s scary too but clearly a lot more research is needed.

To all the Follica haters. This is EXACTLY why we love them. Their clinical studies will reveal / look at this. Obviously.

Anyway, @chen - given you’re a new member how did you learn about needling?

Also do you have recent pics of your roller. I’m keen to see as it may compliment my own routine.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's official: Dermarolling causes CANCER.

Everybody gotta stop dermarolling now.

Time to get back to finasteride.

@Admin, close the thread

Excessive wanking causes cancer. But hand cancer? Or somewheee else?

Also sun bathing causes cancer. Especially in New Zealand.

Smoking causes cancer.

And vaping causes you to look like a fat beardy douchebag.

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why? To know if sh*t is working and not a freaking waste of time.

727/5000

but this is not easy?
the time you're waiting for someone to do it for you, you could have done it and you'd know if it's a waste of time or not.
Dermaroller is cheap.
It's not hard to use.
here are several methods of use being tested
When I read in the instructions manual that the minoxidil was not able to recover the front part, I was looking for a method to solve this.
that's when I read that the dermaroller could potentiate the use of minoxidil
I bought it and used it on myself until I found the method that worked and adapted to my routine.
in the forum we take doubts and see if there is something interesting, but if I expected someone to give me the perfect method, the correct use of dermaroller I would still be bald.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Smoking causes cancer.

good thing I don't wank, sunbathe, smoke, or vape.

I stay in my hermetically sealed, sound proof, gamma radio wave proof, tinfoiled room 24/7

I will NEVER get cancer

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why? To know if sh*t is working and not a freaking waste of time.
what I'm trying to say is that if we wait for the perfect method you do not know how long it can take to appear. You may be bald before and the method will no longer work for you.
Take the case of finasteride. is a scientific method and yet there are doses and doses changes that each individual may need. In other words, the solution is individual

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what I'm trying to say is that if we wait for the perfect method you do not know how long it can take to appear. You may be bald before and the method will no longer work for you.
Take the case of finasteride. is a scientific method and yet there are doses and doses changes that each individual may need. In other words, the solution is individual

I took Finasteride and it didn't help. I do use Microneedling btw. but I want to see results from people who not started Microneedling together with an other treatment to know once and for all if this sh*t is working or not. We need this information to prevent this popping up again in the future in case that it's not working.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm over 3 months in on stamping (no minoxidil) and I noticed a ton of blonde/uncoloured velus hairs on my right temple the other day, and they are pretty long. I did notice them 1-2 months in but I thought maybe they were there already because they were short. I can't see them on my left temple.

I'll see if I can get them on camera tomorrow but unfortunately there wont be a before picture to compare to. Main reason is because I can only see them under sunlight / bathroom light, and my before pictures aren't really high enough quality or zoomed in enough on that area that you would/wouldn't be able to see them. I'll try and get them on camera from now on.

Also I believe my density is worse than before I started microneedling.

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took Finasteride and it didn't help. I do use Microneedling btw. but I want to see results from people who not started Microneedling together with an other treatment to know once and for all if this sh*t is working or not. We need this information to prevent this popping up again in the future in case that it's not working.
but you already have your answer. You tried finasteride and it did not work. dermaroller may or may not work for you but work for others. the same as minoxidil. if the ones that should work for you do not work. why do you expect this from the dermaroller when there is no big company wanting to do extensive scientific study?

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Smoking causes cancer.

Lol you list was too cheerful Things supposedly linked to cancer The sun , Air , Meat , Veg , sex , water , plastic, air fresheners, toothpaste , alcohol, TIME, good luck every one avoiding daily exposure

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score

Smoking causes cancer.

Lol you list was too cheerful Things linked to cancer The sun , Air , Meat , Veg , sex , water , plastic, air fresheners, toothpaste , alcohol, TIME, good luck every one avoiding daily exposure
I feel like this cancer nonsense is a load of ****... there’s nothing carcinogenic in needling, smoking has carcinogens.. the sun has UV radiation.. etc. things cause cancer because they are carcinogenic. If someone who dermarolled got cancer then they were already going to get it from their genetics.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like this cancer nonsense is a load of ****... there’s nothing carcinogenic in needling, smoking has carcinogens.. the sun has UV radiation.. etc. things cause cancer because they are carcinogenic. If someone who dermarolled got cancer then they were already going to get it from their genetics.
oh i forgot wifi and phones good thing i never use them or are near them 24hrs a day yea i think a lot of things your are likely to get genetic predisposition, my dad grew up in asbestos 40s smoked for 40 years is 81 years old no lung issues ever and is a cheeky norward 2.5

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm over 3 months in on stamping (no minoxidil) and I noticed a ton of blonde/uncoloured velus hairs on my right temple the other day, and they are pretty long. I did notice them 1-2 months in but I thought maybe they were there already because they were short. I can't see them on my left temple.

I'll see if I can get them on camera tomorrow but unfortunately there wont be a before picture to compare to. Main reason is because I can only see them under sunlight / bathroom light, and my before pictures aren't really high enough quality or zoomed in enough on that area that you would/wouldn't be able to see them. I'll try and get them on camera from now on.

Also I believe my density is worse than before I started microneedling.
Are you on finasteride or anything else like that?

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I said it many times before, dermaneedling is only supplementary. Your success largely depends on your main treatments. Don't bother with dermaneedling alone. Even if you regrow some hairs, it wont be cosmetically significant.

Also, Chen is correct when he said that the new hairs you regrow are different. These new hairs are weaker then the original ones.
Once you stop main treatments, they will all fall out in a matter of 3-4 months. This whole thing about breaking down calcification is probably a broscience. Needling doesn't have permanent benefits. Once inflammation returns, all new hairs are gone.

I dermaneedled with seti for a year straight. Decent regrowth. When I quit seti, i kept dermaneedling. But the shed started despite that and I lost everything and more.

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
I said it many times before, dermaneedling is only supplementary. Your success largely depends on your main treatments. Don't bother with dermaneedling alone. Even if you regrow some hairs, it wont be cosmetically significant.

Also, Chen is correct when he said that the new hairs you regrow are different. These new hairs are weaker then the original ones.
Once you stop main treatments, they will all fall out in a matter of 3-4 months. This whole thing about breaking down calcification is probably a broscience. Needling doesn't have permanent benefits. Once inflammation returns, all new hairs are gone.

I dermaneedled with seti for a year straight. Decent regrowth. When I quit seti, i kept dermaneedling. But the shed started despite that and I lost everything and more.
Do you think you can grow a lot of then quit needling and maintain with dutasteride?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Okay and what happens when you are already using minoxidil for several years and it's effect faded out, will dermaneedling still boost the effect and give you new regrowth? what would have happened if you would have quit dermaneedling instead of seti? we need to clarify if dermaneedling is working or not and if you start it at the same time as starting finasteride or minoxidil you can't tell. that's a fact.