Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks.

Does it make sense to apply Betadine even after it? Or should it be avoided?

And when you apply it before, do you need to shower again to wash it off before dermarolling?

You don't need to shower again. Just rinse your head under water. You could apply Betadine after... but it's overkill. The main concern with infections as pertains to dermaneedling is using the same needles without disinfecting them. The derminator cartridges already come sterilized so there's no worry (unless you re-use them, but you've indicated you aren't going to).

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Do you think it's ok to mix a load up in a bottle and then use as needed or better to mix fresh on each application?
Depends in what kind of bottle. It has to be airtight and dark glass to keep its efficiency. With a dropper cap for example.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My electric dermastamp is arriving soon and im going to add twice monthly 2mm sessions.

I will dermaroll lightly (like im doing know) one week and dermastamp the other.

And keep using minoxidil of course

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is not the worst thing in the world. It could mean you are actually responding to it. All you can do is take a risk and ride it out, or drop it if you do not like what's happening.
Yeah of course. But I want to play it safe as my crown and top is not bad and I don't want to risk them. Also concerned about not enough healing time.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll be switching to wounding alone without Minoxidil. Even though I tolerated well in the past and now I’m not applying it after wounding, I had chest pain and breathing problems that have been lasting for a bunch of days and still continues to this day. Doctor says heart/lungs look fine now (as in no visible damage) but I won’t take the risk. No circulation problems ever for me or family and definitely not anxiety related or other drugs or alcohol - first time I got this.

Perhaps Minoxidil has better absorption due to less fibrosis/calcifications, fewer skin layers or more blood vessels which translates into systemic effects? Just throwing random darts here, I have absolutely no clue but I don’t want to play with that sh*t anymore. I might consider some natural oil after the discomfort subsidizes. But this scared me quite a bit to be honest. Just hoping to be ok soon because it sucks.
Am I right in understanding that you are getting minoxidil sides after adding weekly needling, even though you did not have these sides before and you would skip a dose right after needling?

I think I might be getting this as well. I've been using minoxidil for ten years abd tolerated it well so I can tell when something is off.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just ordered me some luxury minoxidil, feels good. New minoxidil formulation:
5% minoxidil
5% azelaic acid
neem oil
aloe gel
vitamins b5, b6
caffeine
tea tree oil
no propylene glycol
and ethanol obviously

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5% minoxidil
5% azelaic acid
neem oil
aloe gel
vitamins b5, b6
caffeine
tea tree oil
no propylene glycol
and ethanol obviously
Where from?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I right in understanding that you are getting minoxidil sides after adding weekly needling, even though you did not have these sides before and you would skip a dose right after needling?

I think I might be getting this as well. I've been using minoxidil for ten years abd tolerated it well so I can tell when something is off.

Have you been using it consistently for 10 years?
I haven't experienced any sides at all yet, but only into it for less than 2 months so far.
Have you maintained or is it just that you are afraid to stop. My experience with minoxidil with light rolling is positive so far. Didn't shed, so I'm wondering if the results will not be as dramatic for me. Some positive small results so far though.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5% minoxidil
5% azelaic acid
neem oil
aloe gel
vitamins b5, b6
caffeine
tea tree oil
no propylene glycol
and ethanol obviously
Nice. Why not add Rosemary and Peppermint oils?

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm... Were you already on a type of minoxidil before?
Yeah, the xandrox one is the one I've been using for a month, but it's almost completely diminished.
I also have regular generic minoxidil foam, which I will apply until my new minoxidil arrives from advancedtrichology

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice. Why not add Rosemary and Peppermint oils?
I have both. I guess I will. But not every day, because I have to use a carrier oil and I don't like my head being sticky for extended periods. The minoxidil dries really fast which is why I'm ok with it every day

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You got it right. I used minoxidil for many years before (with very mild results) with zero noticeable sides. Then I stopped for some months to only restart it after this wounding and experience intense sides after a week or so (waiting 24-36h after wounding before applying). I’m shocked to see many people having the same side effects, I can count 3 or 4 quoted my post... seems that wounding and minoxidil really increases systemic absorption, which may be worrying for some people.

kaspa99

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use the same pen also. I thought that intially, as it looks like it just vibrates. But my doubts were removed, when i recordered a video in slow motion, which clearly shows the needles moving up and down.
Hope that helps :)

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you been using it consistently for 10 years?
I haven't experienced any sides at all yet, but only into it for less than 2 months so far.
Have you maintained or is it just that you are afraid to stop. My experience with minoxidil with light rolling is positive so far. Didn't shed, so I'm wondering if the results will not be as dramatic for me. Some positive small results so far though.
Can't tell, since I've been taking finasteride as well. I'm way below baseline.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use the same pen also. I thought that intially, as it looks like it just vibrates. But my doubts were removed, when i recordered a video in slow motion, which clearly shows the needles moving up and down.
Hope that helps :)
Do you recommend it?
I was thinking of buying the derminator but honestly it is really expensive (200 vs 60) and I doubt the difference will be that big at the end of the day especially considering some people get result with a simple roller.

Also can you easily buy more cartridges?