Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Chinese reported 80% of these patients showed greater than 50% improvement for those who used minoxidil right after needling every two weeks. If you can tolerate minoxidil then go with needling and minoxidil.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 times a week is too much. You have to give it time to heal.

I could also do it once a week, like every Sunday.
My skin heals extremely quickly, i don't even need to wear a cap because the redness usually subsides the day after.

So if i really wanted i could do it two times a week no prob.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Chinese reported 80% of these patients showed greater than 50% improvement for those who used minoxidil right after needling every two weeks. If you can tolerate minoxidil then go with needling and minoxidil.

I use minoxidil before needling, like 8 hours before. Then apply minoxidil 12-16 hours after.

Last edited:

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't tolerate minoxidil well, side effects make me unable to function properly. But in any case, I am more inclined to try needling on its own, since minoxidil appears to be a temporary fix anyway - I hear that regrowth tends to fade out after some years.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there

my first post.

I've done 5 sessions in total. 3 with dermaroller- 1mm and 2 with dermapen- 2 mm.

I have to say, that for me it has, so far, opposite effect and I've experienced visible shedding. Mostly in parts of my scalp where was hair loss bad, now it's even worst. Anyone else with the same results in first month ? My family is joking that after 3 months I will be bald if this continues.

One another thing that I've realised. After first 2 rollings my scalp was red for almost whole week and felt ''fresh'', but after last two with dermapen, which is 1 mm deeper than my dermaroller I'm experiencing redness for 1 max. 2 days and I m back to baseline.

I'm not using minoxidil or anything else. I have to say, that I'm kind of worried that I will do more harm than good, but that won't keep me from doing it for at least 6 months. Hopefully, this will stop in next month.

If I don't see any improvement or more shedding after 6 months, I will jump on minoxidil + dermapen kombo for next 6 months.
I second that. I haven't shedded so badly in years. It kicked in right after starting needling.

I'm lowering my frequency to once every two weeks.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
The optimal protocol is still unknown, but you shouldn't use Rosemary oil on it's on. I would say start with a 5% and maybe work your way up a little bit if you can.

This means
5 drops of Rosemary
95 drops of Castor oil

You can also mix in Peppermint oil which was allegedly proven to help hair regrowth
3 drops of Rosemary
3 drops of Peppermint
94 drops of Castor oil

Thanks for that. Do you think it's ok to mix a load up in a bottle and then use as needed or better to mix fresh on each application?

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll be switching to wounding alone without Minoxidil. Even though I tolerated well in the past and now I’m not applying it after wounding, I had chest pain and breathing problems that have been lasting for a bunch of days and still continues to this day. Doctor says heart/lungs look fine now (as in no visible damage) but I won’t take the risk. No circulation problems ever for me or family and definitely not anxiety related or other drugs or alcohol - first time I got this.

Perhaps Minoxidil has better absorption due to less fibrosis/calcifications, fewer skin layers or more blood vessels which translates into systemic effects? Just throwing random darts here, I have absolutely no clue but I don’t want to play with that sh*t anymore. I might consider some natural oil after the discomfort subsidizes. But this scared me quite a bit to be honest. Just hoping to be ok soon because it sucks.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am buying the Derminator 2 in a few weeks and I have a few questions:

1) How long does shipping take?
2) I am planning on using a new cartridge every time (for now). Do I still need to disinfect something? It looks like most disinfecting procedures are only if you plan on using it multiple times. Maybe I was thinking of applying betadin to my scalp to be uber safe.
3) Can I still see results using it every 10-14 days?

Thanks.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I second that. I haven't shedded so badly in years. It kicked in right after starting needling.

I'm lowering my frequency to once every two weeks.
Shedding is not the worst thing in the world. It could mean you are actually responding to it. All you can do is take a risk and ride it out, or drop it if you do not like what's happening.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll be switching to wounding alone without Minoxidil. Even though I tolerated well in the past and now I’m not applying it after wounding, I had chest pain and breathing problems that have been lasting for a bunch of days and still continues to this day. Doctor says heart/lungs look fine now (as in no visible damage) but I won’t take the risk. No circulation problems ever for me or family and definitely not anxiety related or other drugs or alcohol - first time I got this.

Perhaps Minoxidil has better absorption due to less fibrosis/calcifications, fewer skin layers or more blood vessels which translates into systemic effects? Just throwing random darts here, I have absolutely no clue but I don’t want to play with that sh*t anymore. I might consider some natural oil after the discomfort subsidizes. But this scared me quite a bit to be honest. Just hoping to be ok soon because it sucks.
I got the same man. After 10 days I got those side effects, lowered my dose to 1ml/day for 2 days and was still bad so I just cut it off. Subsided in a few days so you should be alright. Did you apply it on a wet scalp by any chance?

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got the same man. After 10 days I got those side effects, lowered my dose to 1ml/day for 2 days and was still bad so I just cut it off. Subsided in a few days so you should be alright. Did you apply it on a wet scalp by any chance?

Sorry to hear you also got them. No I always applied in dry scalp and strictly 1-1.2 ml and only once per day. I also got them after around a week. Guess this isn’t for us...

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you also got them. No I always applied in dry scalp and strictly 1-1.2 ml and only once per day. I also got them after around a week. Guess this isn’t for us...
Well I think microneedling for me has reduced my hair fall hugely after (almost) 2 months so it's worth doing it alone. I don't really think ketoconazole shampoo and head massages are anything to be laughed at either. I love the way nizoral makes my hair. Nice and dry. One of those 3 made me shed way less, but I think it was microneedling.

I've just ran my fingers and pulled at my hair so many times right now and I can't see 1 hair. Back when I tried finasteride I was often getting 2 hairs per pinch.

For some reason I'm confident that we can reverse and maintain without minoxidil/finasteride. I do want to use minoxidil but I don't think I can. We'll be seeing Trinov/Sandlore results soon so we have that to look forward to. But damn, microneedling seems to be maintaining for me right now, at least I assume it is considering I can't seem to get 1 hair on my hand.

I did do a close inspection in the mirror yesterday and thought I might have seen something but next week is the picture day so I'll be checking then. Don't underestimate microneedling alone! :D

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea it's bullshit. I get the same sides from min. My chest feels very tight and uncomfortable. Definitely goes away within a couple days though. Anyway just did my 12th session yesterday. Hoping things get better soon

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am buying the Derminator 2 in a few weeks and I have a few questions:

1) How long does shipping take?
2) I am planning on using a new cartridge every time (for now). Do I still need to disinfect something? It looks like most disinfecting procedures are only if you plan on using it multiple times. Maybe I was thinking of applying betadin to my scalp to be uber safe.
3) Can I still see results using it every 10-14 days?

Thanks.
I ordered mine one month ago. Took around 3 weeks to ship. Their website will tell you there are three month shipping delays though. Just cross your fingers. Maybe I got lucky.

No, you don't need to disinfect anything, except your scalp where you intend to roll. You should shower first, then apply Betadine, then wash it off.

Yes.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered mine one month ago. Took around 3 weeks to ship. Their website will tell you there are three month shipping delays though. Just cross your fingers. Maybe I got lucky.

No, you don't need to disinfect anything, except your scalp where you intend to roll. You should shower first, then apply Betadine, then wash it off.

Yes.

I was told about 3 weeks for shipping to the UK, it was posted the next day and arrived within a week.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the guys using a Derminator….who have also use the cheaper pens from Amazon or the like...is it worth the upgrade......as its going well for me so far, im wondering if something a bit better quality is worth it?

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup same experience. Vertex is worst spot with me and that part hurts the most by far.

For me it's the temples.
It's the area with the thinnest hair and also the most painful area to treat.

I don't have any bald spots, just generalized thinning in all of my NW4 area with the temple area being the worst.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes.
Thanks.

Does it make sense to apply Betadine even after it? Or should it be avoided?

And when you apply it before, do you need to shower again to wash it off before dermarolling?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes.
I ordered the derminator 2 on Dec 14th( don't have it yet). In the mean time I picked up a 1.5 mm roller at a local, As Seen on TV store for 20 dollars. I used it last night.
I use it like a stamp and just push down on it.
I could hear it breaking through the skin, kind of like a crunching/popping noise as it breaks through. Kind of gross.
Crown had a the most blood. ( my thinnest area)
Top and hairline some bleeding as well, which is understandable since I bleed with 0.5mm as well.
So, not sure if I'm buying into the thicker skin in balding areas. It's doesn't seem to be a factor in my case anyway.
Did a thinner Min application right after. And will apply my regular amount this morning.
Very little redness right now, where I stamped, but I can definitely feel it's a bit sore in those locations. I'll do it again in 10 days or so, with occasional 0.5 mm between the 1.5mm days.
7 weeks into minoxidil, and 0.5mm stamp with no noticeable sides, except some vellus and mini hairs at the temples, which I lost in my 20s-early 30s. So , decades ago. Can't see my crown up close but definitely require less concealer so I think the minoxidil is working so far.
Oh and I didn't shed on minoxidil much at all. I'm not really a shedder anyways, just a slow thinner, so I'm lucky so far.