Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To echo another poster's comments a few pages back, my shedding has also been greatly reduced since I started heavy dermaneedling. Literally have to tousle my hair for a decent amount of time just to get a single hair loose. I feel like my head is being reinvigorated or something (for lack of a better term coming to mind offhand).

RegularName

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hallo, just signed up because I'm interested in this procedure.
I think this is a promising treatment but a couple of things do not make sense in my opinion but maybe I am just ignorant.

How long does a wound created by a dermapen need to actually heal?
The problem obviously is that if a person starts to create a wound before the last wound healt than the procedure of wound induced neo genesis stops and the microneedling was useless.

Since microneedling clearly works for some people. Maybe their wounds just Faster than usually and new hair follicles are created. Is hear someone who knows the since behind this? I believe knowing this could help a lot.

And I do not want to discourage people but why is the hair on photos always of different lengths? Wouldn't it makes since to always shave the head to the same length and document the progress like that? This way it is also better to see If one is responding or not.

For a 1.5mm wounded skin it takes 2-3 months to complete its collagen buildup.
Recommended frequency between needling treatments for other skin problems, at 1.5mm, is every 6 weeks.
I don't know if the scalp skin is somehow different and requires less time to heal or not, but I'm not going to do more than once every 3-4 weeks.
Maybe it's counter productive to go 1.5mm/2mm every week, or maybe it depends if you're using a roller or a pen/stamp because a roller's makes "wider" wounding as oppose to the pen/stamp so it takes longer to heal,
On the other hand, less times needling means less times going deeper absorption of topicals (if uses).
And I know about the studies that did once a week. I wish we had more info...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then why are most people needling once a week?
This seems to not make sense because of the healing length.
Is it because of the study's?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did they grow longer and thicker or did they shed first?

Mine were regrowing longer and longer sporadically but I never stuck to it long enough to know for sure that it was real terminal regrowth. Mind you terminal hair regrowth can be thin hair WITH PIGMENTATION growing longer and longer compared to thick terminal hair because that can happen in subsequent hair cycles.

I saw those thin regrowth that so many people wrongly call vellus grow longer and longer. Vellus hair does not grow that long.

Honestly can't say for sure, but the hair has definitely improved. It's like normal hair now and not thin at all like it used to be. The remaining hair is slowly getting darker, more dense and more straight if that makes sense.

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
guys after 3 days my scalp still is red is this normal or should I decrease pressure while micro needling? also, what Norwood u guys think i am?

Attachments

• IMG_20181231_140746.jpg
    IMG_20181231_140746.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 797

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To echo another poster's comments a few pages back, my shedding has also been greatly reduced since I started heavy dermaneedling. Literally have to tousle my hair for a decent amount of time just to get a single hair loose. I feel like my head is being reinvigorated or something (for lack of a better term coming to mind offhand).
this happened to me too. before derma pen i was doing somebody style every day with no results but after 3 seasons with the dr pen with some mild blood dots my shedding has been reduced but no regrowth beside some vellus hair on my temples and mid hairline but I'm planning to apply min after season

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's where your old hairline used to be dude lol

I love that analogy ahaha We're fracking our scalps.

I actually quite enjoy using the derminator tbh feels like some kind of treatment for your scalp

There are hairs all over our face. If you look at any section of your face under intense magnification you will see hairs.

My scalp is fully covered when I grow my hair out. The thinning areas get surreptitiously hidden.

Maybe I have a lot of fibrosis on my crown, still feel no pain with derminator going fast at 1.5mm

I get the flaking after wound healing, but never any itching. Weird.

I went from not much pain at 1.5mm to a world of pain at 2mm and as such have been doing 1.75mm and it still hurts.

But fak it! No pain (or blood) no gain. This is my last hope until a serious solution hits the streets :p

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
guys after 3 days my scalp still is red is this normal or should I decrease pressure while micro needling? also, what Norwood u guys think i am?

It’s the same for me at 1.5mm. I’m also thinking what should I do, because I want to stick to the study. I bleed quite a bit so it means damage is rather high, so it stays red for a long while. Let us know what you decide to do.

Baltimore1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there

my first post.

I've done 5 sessions in total. 3 with dermaroller- 1mm and 2 with dermapen- 2 mm.

I have to say, that for me it has, so far, opposite effect and I've experienced visible shedding. Mostly in parts of my scalp where was hair loss bad, now it's even worst. Anyone else with the same results in first month ? My family is joking that after 3 months I will be bald if this continues.

One another thing that I've realised. After first 2 rollings my scalp was red for almost whole week and felt ''fresh'', but after last two with dermapen, which is 1 mm deeper than my dermaroller I'm experiencing redness for 1 max. 2 days and I m back to baseline.

I'm not using minoxidil or anything else. I have to say, that I'm kind of worried that I will do more harm than good, but that won't keep me from doing it for at least 6 months. Hopefully, this will stop in next month.

If I don't see any improvement or more shedding after 6 months, I will jump on minoxidil + dermapen kombo for next 6 months.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there

my first post.

I've done 5 sessions in total. 3 with dermaroller- 1mm and 2 with dermapen- 2 mm.

I have to say, that for me it has, so far, opposite effect and I've experienced visible shedding. Mostly in parts of my scalp where was hair loss bad, now it's even worst. Anyone else with the same results in first month ? My family is joking that after 3 months I will be bald if this continues.

One another thing that I've realised. After first 2 rollings my scalp was red for almost whole week and felt ''fresh'', but after last two with dermapen, which is 1 mm deeper than my dermaroller I'm experiencing redness for 1 max. 2 days and I m back to baseline.

I'm not using minoxidil or anything else. I have to say, that I'm kind of worried that I will do more harm than good, but that won't keep me from doing it for at least 6 months. Hopefully, this will stop in next month.

If I don't see any improvement or more shedding after 6 months, I will jump on minoxidil + dermapen kombo for next 6 months.

Could be a good sign. Those weak hairs might come back much stronger. I'd say stick with it. Doubt it kills your follicles permanently anyway.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there

my first post.

Some of the guys here looked worse atcaroubd 2 months before things got better for them around three months.

You’re not alone. Go hard. 1.5mm to 2mm each 7 days.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

Norwood 1?!? Norwood hardly balding :p

Also a little bit of red and a little bit of blood never killed anyone. Chicks bleed more once a month and they have don’t suffer hair loss... coincidence?!?

I’m joking. I should stop now. But unless you’re a chrome dome I’d needle hard and nobody will notice a thing because its all under your hair.

j4r0d

Reaction score
Hi there

my first post.

Hi there,
Been lurking here for a while, trying to fight my diffuse hairloss for now 3.5y, no success, even though keeping good regimen, duta minoxidil and stemox.
My hairloss greatly accelerated this past 6 month, I am NW2 but thinned badly!

I started dermaneedling 3 weeks ago (every week) with derminator 1.5mm at first and now 1.75mm. Pain is bareable compared to previous attempt using dermastamp (really day and night!), however I totally second above comment from Baltimore1, I lost a LOT of hair since started derminating. I try to stay on the bright side; all the Fallen hair I see are clearly telogen hair and this didn’t happen because of the derminator session (it would be too early for that as hair take usually around a month in telogen before falling).
Anyway, those hair are thinned and were gonna fall. I’ll stick to my dermaneedling+minoxidil routine (oral duta 5mg morning and topical 5% evening, also apply topical minoxidil right after needling) as I am pissed off with my hairloss. I will probably go for a buzz by the end of 2019 if no improvment is seen.

I will add that I was never a responder to minoxidil. I don’t think duta is really effective on me either, but I will stick to it as I have almost no sides.
As experienced by others, I am not bleeding badly, some regions like temple are a bit bloody, overall I see red dots everywhere the needles passed (10min hard session). I found my scalp to be more sensitive than the first session too... but no pain no gain!

Cheers.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there

my first post.

i'm in ~ 2 months+ and my hair is kinda worse than before, but lets wait. This may be a good sign or a bad sign, but at least its exhibiting an effect instead of doing nothing.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are hairs all over our face. If you look at any section of your face under intense magnification you will see hairs.
Not like these ones:
uke95FY.jpg

I know the hairs you're talking about, but those are different. They're shorter and, well... Everyone has those and, unless you're a balding wookiee, you won't grow them if you needle your face. Unlike these.
They're kinda hard to capture since they're not pigmented and my camera not being that good doesn't help, but they look like that and they're where my hairline used to be.
qu3vEPv.jpg

While I'm at it; this is the single long hair I mentioned earlier. Look at this stupid motherfucker. And I just realized there're actually TWO of them.
It is normal, so don't worry. I'd say you're like a NW1.5 at most!

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not like this:
View attachment 108260
I know the hairs you're talking about, but those are different. They're shorter and, well... Everyone has those and, unless you're a balding wookiee, you won't grow them if you needle your face. Unlike these.
They're kinda hard to capture since they're not pigmented and my camera not being that good doesn't help, but they look like that and they're where my hairline used to be.
View attachment 108261
While I'm at it; this is the single long hair I mentioned earlier. Look at this stupid motherfucker. And I just realized there's actually TWO of them.

It is normal, so don't worry. I'd say you're like a NW1.5 at most!
Apply 1ml of minoxidil to that lone survivor.......it must not die lol

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
Some of the guys here looked worse atcaroubd 2 months before things got better for them around three months.

You’re not alone. Go hard. 1.5mm to 2mm each 7 days.
I am on the 7 week mark starting to see improvements now wish I started this a couple of months earlier..yes my hair went worse first month but can see it improving daily.I'm not using minoxidil or zt spray either just derma pen at full depth 2.+

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
does anyone have a protocol for application of rosemary oil alongside micro needling? as in when and how much? I have a bottle of essential rosemary oil. I want to include it along with castor oil but unsure of quantities, ratios.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apply 1ml of minoxidil to that lone survivor.......it must not die lol
Haha, it's been like that for almost 7 years now. Won't be using Minoxidil, so hopefully needling does the trick and keeps it alive while growing the miniaturized ones.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, it's been like that for almost 7 years now. Won't be using Minoxidil, so hopefully needling does the trick and keeps it alive while growing the miniaturized ones.

I've had one of those guys for years. Off on his own acting like nothing's wrong. I usually shave it now.

I liked to think he was cheering on the rest of the hairs to march on forward... but sadly he was simply the last man standing. At least I have a baseline, that yes - my hairline used to be that far down. :|

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I also have some spare single hairs, it’s certainly interesting. They’ve been there for years even though the area has been bald, and they seem rather strong, normal hairs. I use them to measure progress of treatments - if things grow nearby, it’s positive. I can see vellus all around those now with wounding, but unfortunately no aesthetic difference (too soon).

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
does anyone have a protocol for application of rosemary oil alongside micro needling? as in when and how much? I have a bottle of essential rosemary oil. I want to include it along with castor oil but unsure of quantities, ratios.
The optimal protocol is still unknown, but you shouldn't use Rosemary oil on it's on. I would say start with a 5% and maybe work your way up a little bit if you can.

This means
5 drops of Rosemary
95 drops of Castor oil

You can also mix in Peppermint oil which was allegedly proven to help hair regrowth
3 drops of Rosemary
3 drops of Peppermint
94 drops of Castor oil