Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you needle with bad seb derm? Scalp plaques?
Someone made the following post in the Derminator forum:
Hi, I just joined to say that I had seborrheic dermatitis and dermarolling (actually I used derma stamps) has eradicated it from around 75% of my face. So I definitely recommend it for that, but when you roll or stamp make sure the inflammation is as mild as possible. I manage this by eating only fresh fruit and veg (nothing cooked) for around 3-7 days before my treatment. Diet is definitely an instigator when it comes to seb derm.

However I am still battling with seb derm due to a chemical peel I applied about a year ago, I applied it only to my nose and the inside of my cheeks due to a mild irritation I had. I can now literally draw a line from where my SD starts and ends, it's only in the area where I applied the peel which I believe reversed the effects of the needling.

Hopefully after a few more bouts of needling it will fade away again. I'm going to apply a Vitamin B-complex mesotherapy serum as i've heard that topical Vitamin B6 can alleviate SD and also Autologous Platelet Gel which is basically PRP after my next treatment in about 2 weeks. Will let you guys know how it goes.
This is the link to that thread:
http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/seborrheic-dermatitis/

You can ask actual doctors in this page: https://www.realself.com/

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also depends on what your situation looks like today. If you're needling on slick bald areas, I would imagine it would take much longer to recover hair there, especially without min. Took like a year for prettyfly to see results if I remember correctly.

Yep and he pretty much had 0 hair. Even in the cases of our original poster and 2young it took 6-12 months to see full results.

I'd imagine they will grow normally.

Btw if you aren't going to add min at least add some other stuff to speed up the growth. Rosemary and peppermint oil, scalp massage 10-20 mins per day. Biotin caps (strongest one). Maybe sandalore?

I also agree here. Again i'll use myself, even today i see new microscopic vellus hair that wasn't there last week. I can only see this under certain light. What that means.

The head is still capable of producing hairs on areas that have been bald for a while. However once they sprout the topicals we use could speed up them becoming terminal. Then once we obtain the desired result we could just micro needle once twice a month to maintain and prevent fibrosis. At least that would be ideal in my opinion.

Not saying they won't be thickened up without minoxidil or any other topical, i just think it would take longer. If needling alone gave slow consistent results slightly better than minoxidil, and you could build upon this and maintain over time then thats still a huge win.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sixth session today.

Crown, hairline and temples at 1.5mm with detminator on fast mode.

Hurt like hell.

First time after six sessions that I’m now seeing blood on my upper temples and hairline.

Does this mean it’s taken six weeks to get through all the buildup in my scalp?

Also for those wondering. I do my stamping at night on a Friday (usually). Then I can wear a cap on Saturday / Sunday. And then go back to using styling products on Monday.

Also I don’t wear the cap to hide my red scalp, I do it because I have longish hair and don’t want it flopping in my face :)

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically nothing to report here. Didn’t follow any routine and didn’t bleed.
Woah there bro, I'm actually still optimistic about microneedling but let's not get too antsy. I followed two similar routines a month each and not with minoxidil. The idea that you need to bleed is complete conjecture and unproven also. Personally based on this I don't think needling alone is gonna get me quick results, so I'm moving on to test a more comprehensive approach based on that Greek forum post

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First time after six sessions that I’m now seeing blood on my upper temples and hairline.

It does according to one of the most (if not the most) experienced needlers out there.
Nothing conclusive, tho.

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Woah there bro, I'm actually still optimistic about microneedling but let's not get too antsy. I followed two similar routines a month each and not with minoxidil. The idea that you need to bleed is complete conjecture and unproven also. Personally based on this I don't think needling alone is gonna get me quick results, so I'm moving on to test a more comprehensive approach based on that Greek forum post

Sorry if that was too harsh. But please pick a routine and stick to it for a decent (6 months? 12 months? 18 months?) time frame so you can say whether or not it’s working. Nobody really wants to hear “I didn’t follow a routine, I didn’t get any growth, now I doubt needling”. Not saying that’s you. Just say’n.

As for bleeding, you’ve got nothing to loose, except for your hair, so that being the case unless bleeding is a bad thing (which enough people here can testify to it not being) than I’d rather bleed.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does according to one of the most (if not the most) experienced needlers out there.
Nothing conclusive, tho.

I’ve started massaging by head and the skin closer to my hairline definitely feels harder and thicker than the crown area.

So I tend to believe that about the gunk buildup in my scalp. WHETHER breaking that down helps me grow back a Norwood is yet to be seen. Fingers crossed eh :)

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if that was too harsh. But please pick a routine and stick to it for a decent (6 months? 12 months? 18 months?) time frame so you can say whether or not it’s working. Nobody really wants to hear “I didn’t follow a routine, I didn’t get any growth, now I doubt needling”. Not saying that’s you. Just say’n.

As for bleeding, you’ve got nothing to loose, except for your hair, so that being the case unless bleeding is a bad thing (which enough people here can testify to it not being) than I’d rather bleed.

I hear you and I wasn't trying to say microneedling isn't worth doing or something, mostly just that I've seen guys without even using min get visible results in the same time frame and I didn't get any at all. But I think that fast is uncommon anyway

I'm on the fence about the bleeding, I might do it. But especially if I start using min right after needling that sh*t's scary lol

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another awesome thing I've noticed. You know those thin hairs you get at the top front, just under the hairline that just lay flat. I had a big area that was like that before I started needling. That area is almost completely recovered and all those hairs are now thicker, darker and standing straight up like normal hair and the hair that's behind. There are just a few left now. Like they woke up from the f*****g dead. Amazing sh*t. I'm blown away.

Last edited:

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I gotta say my crown is itching like crazy!!! Scares the heck out of me because if never had that “itch” that people describe from hairloss. My hope is that this is a healing reaction and not a sign of loss being acrtivated. Only started when I started needling.

kaspa99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another awesome thing I've noticed. You know those thin hairs you get at the top front, just under the hairline that just lay flat. I had a big area that was like that before I started needling. That area is almost completely recovered and all those hairs are now thicker, darker and standing straight up like normal hair and the hair that's behind. There are just a few left now. Like they woke up from the f*****g dead. Amazing sh*t. I'm blown away.
this give me hope. How long have you been needling and what length?

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I gotta say my crown is itching like crazy!!! Scares the heck out of me because if never had that “itch” that people describe from hairloss. My hope is that this is a healing reaction and not a sign of loss being acrtivated. Only started when I started needling.

Itch is completely normal and is part of the healing process...usually followed by skin flaking.

kaspa99

My Regimen
Reaction score
guys i started needling 1.5mm with a dermapen last week, When needling i literally only had a few blood spots.
Is this okay?
Also when are people starting to see visible results?
Also started finasteride & minoxidil to help.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
guys i started needling 1.5mm with a dermapen last week, When needling i literally only had a few blood spots.
Is this okay?
Also when are people starting to see visible results?
Also started finasteride & minoxidil to help.

I think people have reported that blood tends to become more common in later sessions. I didn't have any on my 1st, although did have some spots on my 2nd today - for what that is worth.

Some people seem to be seeing (minor) visible results a couple/few months in... at least for good responders. Some, nothing by those time frames.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WHAT KIND OF DERMA ROLLER SHALL WE CHOOSE?

When you break open a dermaroller, there can be metal discs ''fake needles'' (most dermarollers)...... alot of people says this is bad for the skin, and can cause scarring because it's like ''small knifes''.

OR

there can be real needles (tinanium medical grade needles)
people say this is the best option and wont damage/cause scarring to the skin.

maxresdefault.jpg

I JUST ordered a dermaroller with 192 real needles 1.5mm
i also have a 1mm dermaroller with 520 needles. (most likely metal discs)

I have both just in case. but im still confused if dermarollers with metal discs ''fake needles'' are harmful/less effective.

Last edited:

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright I'm jumping in. I bought a pen about 3 months ago but have waited this long to use it as I recently began another treatment (Clobetasol Propionate) and wanted to determine it's effectiveness first, verdict: inconclusive and I don't feel like waiting any longer. Prior to buying the pen I used a 1.5mm roller and got 3ish sessions out of it, then my job got really busy for the holidays and although I feel like I got regrowth I quit because I was both busy, and this was before wounding really took off with practically everyone finding success, so I wrote it off as being just in my head and having experienced no real regrowth. Long story short I have a terrible needle phobia, the roller never bothered me however as I thought of it more as a large sharp object, however there's something about needles going straight into the skin that really skeeves me out. I worked my way up to 1.0mm surprisingly easily and had a full, thorough session which was relatively painless and the only reason I didn't go to 1.5mm is because I had already finished at that point. I didn't bleed, however my scalp was red and stung/pulsated afterwords, so although this was more of a test run necessary for someone with a needle phobia, it doesn't feel wasted. I'll post pics tomorrow and continue to do so 24hr after every fourth session (so once a month) It's also worth noting that I've been on minoxidil continuously for two years, and am only recently 20 years (I started losing my hair shortly before turning 18) so it's a good opprotunity to document the effects of wounding on both a young person, and a person who's already on minoxidil and therefore making no other changes to their regimine. I'll be available for any questions as well.

Last edited:

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sixth session today.

Hurt like hell.

Also for those wondering. I do my stamping at night on a Friday (usually). Then I can wear a cap on Saturday / Sunday. And then go back to using styling products on Monday.

Also I don’t wear the cap to hide my red scalp, I do it because I have longish hair and don’t want it flopping in my face :)[/QUOTE

Fast mode i don't find it painful but feels like its adhering to my scalp with some sort of anti directional resistance when i tried it i prefer medium and going slowly over same spots twice or thrice. is it better or just quicker you think ?

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I the only one who has this ? Like a hairline under the hairline growing and growing... I'm only in session 5 today.
View attachment 108078

Those mini hair were not here. They started as vellus like the other vellus you can see under the hairline.

That's where your old hairline used to be dude lol

No one knows we all just guessing from inconsistent data and praying we strike oil /hair.

healing times gotta be in the 1 week to 2 week 1month time frame hopefully this is what Follica have being doing for a decade changing the variables Frequency , Depth, Punctures per cm, Topical

I love that analogy ahaha We're fracking our scalps.

I have the derminator2 the depth guide says im hitting depth far easier in the fully haired areas than my smooth forehead is that fibrosis/lack of or the hair holding it further away,
does feel like the needles cut me like butter in hair areas and bounce more often off my forehead/hairline according to the depth guide readout . There's slight more pain in hair areas but that could be mild tugging of strands.
Still i could do this daily if i had to i reckon no dread hell i quite enjoy it its like having a good scratch and i stay itch free for like 3 or 4 days .

I actually quite enjoy using the derminator tbh feels like some kind of treatment for your scalp

This can definitely be the case. I have peach fuzz on my temples, which can only be seen under intense artificial lighting. There's even a long hair among all those baby hairs and I didn't notice it until I looked up close under that lighting. Looks stupid as f***.
If those little fuckers were to turn terminal, I'd have a solid NW1.5 hairline.

Exactly. 1.5 years. He was the ONLY person who stuck with it... And guess who was the ONLY person who got results on that "community" trial.

There are hairs all over our face. If you look at any section of your face under intense magnification you will see hairs.

Guys! This is great and all but we should gather information how we do during summer months. Have you guys thought about how u gon do it? How did the veterans do? Let's say you only do microneedling and massage, should you stop needling from May to August and then start again in september? What is your strategy guys? (Open wounds and strong UV light has a higher chance of getting skincancer)

My scalp is fully covered when I grow my hair out. The thinning areas get surreptitiously hidden.

Sixth session today.

Hurt like hell.

Also I don’t wear the cap to hide my red scalp, I do it because I have longish hair and don’t want it flopping in my face :)

Maybe I have a lot of fibrosis on my crown, still feel no pain with derminator going fast at 1.5mm

Itch is completely normal and is part of the healing process...usually followed by skin flaking.

I get the flaking after wound healing, but never any itching. Weird.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Did they grow longer and thicker or did they shed first?

Mine were regrowing longer and longer sporadically but I never stuck to it long enough to know for sure that it was real terminal regrowth. Mind you terminal hair regrowth can be thin hair WITH PIGMENTATION growing longer and longer compared to thick terminal hair because that can happen in subsequent hair cycles.

I saw those thin regrowth that so many people wrongly call vellus grow longer and longer. Vellus hair does not grow that long.