Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just done my 4th session first 2 sessions were done at 1.5mm i found it too easy and painless so moved up to 2.0mm so i could feel something started applying min straight after on session 3 you certainly feel that sting lol , this 21 days went fast

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"My routine is just microneedling every other day and applying oil right after, and in the mornings." "Oh my bad I misread that, it's 2mm! Which is more than the usual 1.5mm but like I said I'm desperate"

Dudes got balls of steel doing 48hour 2mm while i see improvement in his temple his forlock looks weaker or it just thin new hair around it ?
Is that even good? I've done twice a week at 1.5 and seen no results after a couple months, thinking about dialing back to once a week

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that even good? I've done twice a week at 1.5 and seen no results after a couple months, thinking about dialing back to once a week

No one knows we all just guessing from inconsistent data and praying we strike oil /hair.

healing times gotta be in the 1 week to 2 week 1month time frame hopefully this is what Follica have being doing for a decade changing the variables Frequency , Depth, Punctures per cm, Topical

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
just moved up to 1.25mm with Dr.Pen. Can just about tolerate the pain, particularly bad in the temples although the crown isn't too bad.

has anyone here successfully incorporated a numbing cream etc? think I will need it with the 1.5mm

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will be doing my next session with 2mm just to be safe. Chinese study did 1.5 to 2.5mm and 2.0 is right in the middle of that.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will be doing my next session with 2mm just to be safe. Chinese study did 1.5 to 2.5mm and 2.0 is right in the middle of that.

Yea i upped to 2.0mm because of the china study and i felt it wasn't disrupting my scalp enough at 1.5mm i also have a feeling setting it to a depth and actually hitting that depth are two different things especially when you hit fully haired areas.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea i upped to 2.0mm because of the china study and i felt it wasn't disrupting my scalp enough at 1.5mm i also have a feeling setting it to a depth and actually hitting that depth are two different things especially when you hit fully haired areas.

I asked that question here but didn't get any answer on that. I have diffuse hairloss and long hair but no one answered. I'm thinking I'm gonna try 2.5 in the future in the hairy areas to so what it feels like but I'll only do so after 2 weeks of rest, just as a trial. If it's tolerated then I'm going for 2.5 mm in hairy areas and 2mm on the hairline, temple and the crown where for me it's almost a sure thing that I'm going 2mm deep.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats weird, maybe you have extreme fibrosis on your scalp because at 1.5-1.75 on my scalp the pain is extreme, lots of redness and bleeding too.
Also note to self: Change the batteries more often. Even though the machine was still working on full speed, i noticed it was dragging across my skin more. Changed the battery and the pitch of the motor increased loads and the overall speed was much higher...less dragging of the needles in the skin.
My battery for the Ultima A6 lasts about 5 10 min sessions, not bad at all

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao! Yeah the first time I did it I went overboard, because I was desperate. I did it everyday and for too long. I'm more patient now.

I'm using a dermapen, so it extends and retracts. Like a stamp, probably only 15 needles on the stamp.

Oh my bad I misread that, it's 2mm! Which is more than the usual 1.5mm but like I said I'm desperate

This is the second time I've seen some have fast regrowth by needling everyday for the first couple of weeks. I member one tressless thread that had a guy dermarolled with 1.5 roller every day for a week and applied minoxidil immediately afterwards and regrew terminal within just weeks. None of that thin regrowth drama. He just went right to terminal hair regrowth which was f*****g crazy to me.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I asked that question here but didn't get any answer on that. I have diffuse hairloss and long hair but no one answered. I'm thinking I'm gonna try 2.5 in the future in the hairy areas to so what it feels like but I'll only do so after 2 weeks of rest, just as a trial. If it's tolerated then I'm going for 2.5 mm in hairy areas and 2mm on the hairline, temple and the crown where for me it's almost a sure thing that I'm going 2mm deep.
Thats weird, maybe you have extreme fibrosis on your scalp because at 1.5-1.75 on my scalp the pain is extreme, lots of redness and bleeding too.
Also note to self: Change the batteries more often. Even though the machine was still working on full speed, i noticed it was dragging across my skin more. Changed the battery and the pitch of the motor increased loads and the overall speed was much higher...less dragging of the needles in the skin.
My battery for the Ultima A6 lasts about 5 10 min sessions, not bad at all

I have the derminator2 the depth guide says im hitting depth far easier in the fully haired areas than my smooth forehead is that fibrosis/lack of or the hair holding it further away,
does feel like the needles cut me like butter in hair areas and bounce more often off my forehead/hairline according to the depth guide readout . There's slight more pain in hair areas but that could be mild tugging of strands.
Still i could do this daily if i had to i reckon no dread hell i quite enjoy it its like having a good scratch and i stay itch free for like 3 or 4 days .

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the derminator2 the depth guide says im hitting depth far easier in the fully haired areas than my smooth forehead is that fibrosis/lack of or the hair holding it further away,
does feel like the needles cut me like butter in hair areas and bounce more often off my forehead/hairline according to the depth guide readout . There's slight more pain in hair areas but that could be mild tugging of strands.
Still i could do this daily if i had to i reckon no dread hell i quite enjoy it its like having a good scratch and i stay itch free for like 3 or 4 days .

We don't know for sure. Fibrosis theory is not proven yet.

What is well known is that there is less vascularity on bald/balding areas compared to areas with hair.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Vascular endothelial growth factor appears to be a major mediator of HF growth and cycling providing direct evidence that the improved follicle revascularization promotes hair growth.[35]

Vascularization and release of growth factors are proven concepts now but Fibrosis is still not proven without a shadow of doubt.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao! Yeah the first time I did it I went overboard, because I was desperate. I did it everyday and for too long. I'm more patient now.

I'm using a dermapen, so it extends and retracts. Like a stamp, probably only 15 needles on the stamp.

Oh my bad I misread that, it's 2mm! Which is more than the usual 1.5mm but like I said I'm desperate

This is the second time I've seen some have fast regrowth by needling everyday for the first couple of weeks. I member one tressless thread that had a guy dermarolled with 1.5 roller every day for a week and applied minoxidil immediately afterwards and regrew terminal within just weeks. None of that thin regrowth drama. He just went right to terminal hair regrowth which was f*****g crazy to me.

Yea if was full bald id go totally nuts with this fear of depth and frequency and magic potions be dammed but im cautiously dipping my toes to see how my skin and hair react. hate to make things worse by going over board..... tortoise and the hare springs to mind

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
but Fibrosis is still not proven without a shadow of doubt.

Not direct proof but indirect proof:

We confirmed that TGF-β1 secretion is increased by androgen treatment in DP-6, whereas androgen-inducible TGF-β1 was significantly suppressed by the ROS-scavenger, N-acetyl cysteine
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24064061

Transforming growth factor beta (TGF-β) is the most potent pro-fibrogenic cytokine and its expression is increased in almost all of fibrotic diseases.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4625010/

TGF-B2 upregulated by 100 nM DHT:
https://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/1-s2.0-S0022202X15337325-mmc1.pdf

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What is well known is that there is less vascularity on bald/balding areas compared to areas with hair.

the most interesting result i seen on here is this guy i pretty sure you can see his vascular blue glow expand
https://imgur.com/a/AjhgWoz

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Go to once a week and apply minoxidil right after needling once every two weeks. The Chinese study had more powerful results than the Indian study and using minoxidil right after may be another factor to consider.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No results after a couple of months? :(

Nope but I also got really lax on minoxidil tbh lol. 1.25mm once a week for a month and 1.5mm twice a week for the subsequent month

Go to once a week and apply minoxidil right after needling once every two weeks. The Chinese study had more powerful results than the Indian study and using minoxidil right after may be another factor to consider.

I think I'll do this and incorporate some of the Greek poster's ideas. He posted about the skin regeneration cycles and basically how each ingredient would be used on which days to take advantage of how the cycle works. Kind of complicated but the guy regrew several Norwoods in a couple of months if it's not all edited bs

RegularName

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hallo, just signed up because I'm interested in this procedure.
I think this is a promising treatment but a couple of things do not make sense in my opinion but maybe I am just ignorant.

How long does a wound created by a dermapen need to actually heal?
The problem obviously is that if a person starts to create a wound before the last wound healt than the procedure of wound induced neo genesis stops and the microneedling was useless.

Since microneedling clearly works for some people. Maybe their wounds just Faster than usually and new hair follicles are created. Is hear someone who knows the since behind this? I believe knowing this could help a lot.

And I do not want to discourage people but why is the hair on photos always of different lengths? Wouldn't it makes since to always shave the head to the same length and document the progress like that? This way it is also better to see If one is responding or not.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm aware, but pain isn't what scares me the most. In my experience and up to a certain point, it's somewhat relative. This is coming from a construction worker who cut his foot pretty badly with a circular saw and still worked for another 7 hours under the heat of August.
Having a clear picture as motivation helped me power through that. In that case it was the money and the people complaining about being broke while sitting on their *** all day and, at the same time, spending +$300 on a stupid phone.
In this case, I'll think about people like the morons who cry about their grey hair while rocking a goddamn NW1, or about the absolute cuntbutts who put on a hat with the thickest, fullest head of hair imaginable because: "It looks like sh*t and I'm too lazy to style it".
Such an infuriating picture will fill me with the rage of a hungry lion chasing its prey, which I will then use to power through the pain of stabbing my head with 2 mm needles delivered in a machine gun-like fashion.
What scares me the most is the risk of infection.
I known it's minimal, but I'm OCD and I can't shake that off, even if I know the risk is pretty much zero.
Or the ones who shave a part of their hairline off to straighten it! They’ve actually too much! :(

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anybody that could recommend me a source where I can buy a derma pen with cartridges that ship to Europe?