Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. I also think we should post before/after pics with a lot of time difference. I once suggested it but many didn't agree. Well, people are free to do what they want. However, besides posting rushed before/after pics a few weeks apart, most of the posts in this thread are incredibly helpful and motivational. It has drawn he attention of lots of people that are now starting to needle and is potentially saving their hair and social life. So I am really happy for the existence of this thread, and by no.means I'd like it to get closed
Yeah, I personally agree with you. I won't take pics till I hit the 6 month mark, will compare them to baseline and report whatever I see (maybe even post them if I see some real change) then will post the year mark pic, if there are any noticeable results. If I don't see anything, then I'll just post that it didn't work and add something else to the regimen. We'll know how well Sandalore works by then, but right now it's looking like a good candidate.

Last edited:

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As some people asked which photos and timelines I based my observations on, I will just post some of these here. Gathered a lot of them in a folder on my harddrive and saved text files along them with their regimen and duration.

The following guy saw this much progress after three months:
oaJunmw.jpg

This guy is at 2 months:
2months.jpg

3.5 months:
3.5months.jpg

The next guy has a before and after (after 4 months):
4months_before20180719_111310.jpg 4months_after_Screenshot_20181121-135344_Gallery.jpg

This guy started rolling, if my notes are correct, on August 1. The follow up pics are, from left to right: Sept 1, Sept 26, and Nov 4. Thus the whole timeframe is, as with many others, 4 months. Please note, however, that this dude was rolling daily instead of weekly:
Namnlöst-1.gif Namnlöst-2.gif

Another 4 months timeline:
GIQF6v9.png

I guess I don't have to post progress pictures of 2young2retire and Somebody/Alex ;) Somebody/Alex had very visible, terminal regrowth after 6 months of very mild, daily rolling with 1.5 mm. However, Somebody/Alex also has very thick skin, which is why I guess he could take 1.5 mm daily.

These dudes' timelines are why I am expecting at least some vellus after 4 months. I have more pictures, but most of them are usually around 4 months when there are cosmetically visible improvements. If I don't have at least new vellus until then, I'm obviously doing something wrong or it isn't working - at least in my case.

Edit: One more thing regarding my current rolling regimen, as I can't edit my old post (new members can't edit posts that have received likes apparently): I'm rolling with an electric dermapen at 1.75 mm instead of only 1.5 mm and mostly I go all the way in.

Edit 2: Someone asked if I noticed any improvement for existing hair. Can't say I see any.

Last edited:

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As some people asked which photos and timelines I based my observations on, I will just post some of these here. Gathered a lot of them in a folder on my harddrive and saved text files along them with their regimen and duration.

View attachment 107639

This guy is at 2 months:
View attachment 107640

3.5 months:
View attachment 107641

View attachment 107643 View attachment 107642

This guy started rolling, if my notes are correct, on August 1. The follow up pics are, from left to right: Sept 1, Sept 26, and Nov 4. Thus the whole timeframe is, as with many others, 4 months. Please note, however, that this dude was rolling daily instead of weekly:
View attachment 107644 View attachment 107645

View attachment 107646

I guess I don't have to post progress pictures of 2young2retire and Somebody/Alex ;) Somebody/Alex had very visible, terminal regrowth after 6 months of very mild, daily rolling with 1.5 mm. However, Somebody/Alex also has very thick skin, which is why I guess he could take 1.5 mm daily.

These dudes' timelines are why I am expecting at least some vellus after 4 months. I have more pictures, but most of them are usually around 4 months when there are cosmetically visible improvements. If I don't have at least new vellus until then, I'm obviously doing something wrong or it isn't working - at least in my case.

Edit: One more thing regarding my current rolling regimen, as I can't edit my old post (new members can't edit posts that have received likes apparently): I'm rolling with an electric dermapen at 1.75 mm instead of only 1.5 mm and mostly I go all the way in.

Edit 2: Someone asked if I noticed any improvement for existing hair. Can't say I see any.

Thanks for the compilation man. I’d add all possible pictures, even the obvious ones, so it’s a full compilation which would serve to motivate people.

I’d add the full treatment everyone is following - if they’re using minoxidil, finasteride, etc as I think it’s very relevant. Just my humble suggestion, I appreciate your work.

inmyhead

Reaction score

This is super impressive, was he on minoxidil though?

Makaveli1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the compilation man. I’d add all possible pictures, even the obvious ones, so it’s a full compilation which would serve to motivate people.

I’d add the full treatment everyone is following - if they’re using minoxidil, finasteride, etc as I think it’s very relevant. Just my humble suggestion, I appreciate your work.
They were on finas

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 107639

This guy is at 2 months:
View attachment 107640

3.5 months:
View attachment 107641

View attachment 107646

Great job!!!

Can you copy and paste their regime/ or links to their regimes under their pictures?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 107639

This guy is at 2 months:
View attachment 107640

3.5 months:
View attachment 107641

View attachment 107646

I know the guy from the first pair of pics. He's an Argentinian dude from reddit that also started minoxidil. His unbelievable gains in the hairline was mainly due to minoxidil tho, because 3 months later he lost most of those gains and was terribly disappointed. That kind of sudden regrowth and then loss of ground is typical of minoxidil. Some people lose min gains after a year, some others lose them way earlier, which was sadly my case 2 years ago.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know the guy from the first pair of pics. He's an Argentinian dude from reddit that also started minoxidil. His unbelievable gains in the hairline was mainly due to minoxidil tho, because 3 months later he lost most of those gains and was terribly disappointed. That kind of sudden regrowth and then loss of ground is typical of minoxidil. Some people lose min gains after a year, some others lose them way earlier, which was sadly my case 2 years ago.
But if he was rolling, shouldn’t the gains have stayed? Certainly since it was so recent. I could see him losing progress if he stopped rolling, but if he co tongues rolling and minoxidil, and lost all that ground, that doesn’t bode well for us.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But if he was rolling, shouldn’t the gains have stayed? Certainly since it was so recent. I could see him losing progress if he stopped rolling, but if he co tongues rolling and minoxidil, and lost all that ground, that doesn’t bode well for us.
He still might get benefits from rolling tho, I am just saying that his behavior (huge regrowth and then loss) seems to be more in accordance with a typical minoxidil super responder. Minoxidil often synchronizes the anagen phase of hairs at the start of the regime, giving the impression or illusion of regrowth. However, after a certain time hair cycles are desynchronized again and all those gains "seems" to be lost. For that guy, I think the most likely explanation is that he is a minoxidil hyperresponder but lost that synchronization shortly afterwards. He hasn't been needling for a very long time so we shouldn't draw conclusions yet. That doesn't mean he still cannot regrow hair from rolling. More time is needed to make an assessment.
But still, that is why I keep saying that we should base our inferences on people who have been already on finasteride and minoxidil for years. If they start needling and other treatments at the same time, then we get all sorts of confusions like this specific one.
Also, we still.dont know how stable are needling gains in the long term. 2young2retire has not told us yet the status of his hair after 5 years.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He still might get benefits from rolling tho, I am just saying that his behavior (huge regrowth and then loss) seems to be more in accordance with a typical minoxidil super responder. Minoxidil often synchronizes the anagen phase of hairs at the start of the regime, giving the impression or illusion of regrowth. However, after a certain time hair cycles are desynchronized again and all those gains "seems" to be lost. For that guy, I think the most likely explanation is that he is a minoxidil hyperresponder but lost that synchronization shortly afterwards. He hasn't been needling for a very long time so we shouldn't draw conclusions yet. That doesn't mean he still cannot regrow hair from rolling. More time is needed to make an assessment.
But still, that is why I keep saying that we should base our inferences on people who have been already on finasteride and minoxidil for years. If they start needling and other treatments at the same time, then we get all sorts of confusions like this specific one.
Also, we still.dont know how stable are needling gains in the long term. 2young2retire has not told us yet the status of his hair after 5 years.
And the other case of anecdotal evidence that we have of someone rolling for 5 years is Kitedude and he only started to lose those gains because he got lazy and stopped rolling.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 107639

This guy is at 2 months:
View attachment 107640

3.5 months:
View attachment 107641

View attachment 107646

Nice pics.
In all fairness, it would he most important to list their regemin next to each picture. Rolling alone vs. Rolling with a chemical or using finasteride are two very different stories.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 107644 View attachment 107645 .

This photo looks a bit familiar to me. AFAIK it was shared in the WAY thread.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This photo looks a bit familiar to me. AFAIK it was shared in the WAY thread.
Still could be someone lying in the WAY thread using rolling results, but yeah. Should probably rule that one out.
I recall someone in the WAY thread mentioning a pic that was also posted in the Brotzu thread. Maybe it's the same one.
What a cesspool.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still could be someone lying in the WAY thread using rolling results, but yeah. Should probably rule that one out.
I recall someone in the WAY thread mentioning a pic that was also posted in the Brotzu thread. Maybe it's the same one.
What a cesspool.

Would be interested to know what he really used as his result looks pretty good (despite an almost perfect hairline). I kinda still believe it is WAY because I think he was involved in a group buy and Georgie knows of him