Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

aa18

My Regimen
Reaction score
You shouldn't use it pure. mix it with a carrier oil such as jojoba oil or castor oil or another one.
Something like 3% (start with that and maybe work your way up and see what you can handle.
For example:
- 3 drops of PEO
- 97 drops of jojoba oil

What about olive oil as a carrier one?

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks issue is that I also use minoxidil in the evening.
If I use oil in the morning I will have my hair all oily no?
Try it and see..
Maybe you can apply some directly on the scalp and cover it with hair or use only a little until it absorbs and then it doesn't show that much?

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about olive oil as a carrier one?
Olive oil is also a carrier oil...
It's possible that some carrier oils are better than others for hair, but it's hard to tell since the oils thing is no so clear.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I mean, this isn't meant to come across in a bad way but I really only have minor loss on the temples, not something that anyone outside of me would notice, but I'm trying to pre emptively strike, and I'd love my teenage hairline back. So literally just doing temples, I don't have any loss anywhere else.

Im wondering if the increased growth factors released to the general area caused from microneedling the whole scalp would actually benefit your temples more than just doing only the temples. In terms of the mechanical damage to fibrosis I imagine it is the same though.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't looked with an additional source, just my bathroom mirror. Some days I feel like theres more vellus hair, but other days my hair looks very thin with no improvement. Definitely nothing cosmetically noticeable. Still shed pre microneedling amounts. I'm very surprised at all the good results here within only a few sessions as that hasn't been my experience at all. Maybe it's the no minoxidil that's preventing the real results
If you're doing once a week, then maybe you should look into lowering the frequency to let the scalp heal...
And patience.

Hairghast

My Regimen
Reaction score
Every other day with a 1.5mm roller?
Does your scalp get the chance to recover?
Hey, yes it usually takes like 6-12 hours until everything is basicly fully recovered and not visible anymore. At the beginning I used to roll every day like SomebodyAlex from this forum does it for the minoxidil absorption but it was to much of a hassle for me because in case I rolled to hard my skin didn't had enough time to recover and it made my hairloss worse. I think he also mentioned that problem in one of his videos and that might be the reason why he sometimes takes 2-3 days off in a month.

Hairghast

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doing it EOD is actually bad when I look at the healing table... Wait atleast 5 days when you're doing 1.5 mm.

Btw do you bleed when you roll?
Hey, yes indeed you are correct. The time window should be actually to small for it to work. I mainly tried to copy some parts of "Somebody"'s regime which I've read in his book and he mainly does the light 1.5mm dermarolling every day for the absorption of minoxidil. But since I also got some very small results from doing it every other day on my hairline and temples (the areas were I don't apply any minoxidil) I decided it might be time to be part of this thread. Thanks again at this point for creating it!

Regarding your second question. Yes I get some small blood dots everytime but that wasn't always the case it might be worth to mention that I used some fake dermarollers at the beginning which had these fake needles which bend very quickly but it could be also have something to do that I started to do some head massages every day which slightly made my scalp more flexible.

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im interested to know if anyone here whos had success had stopped responding to minoxidil beforehand? I.e. dermarolling helped start regrowth after it had stopped.

Ordering my dermastamp today/tomorrow

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im interested to know if anyone here whos had success had stopped responding to minoxidil beforehand? I.e. dermarolling helped start regrowth after it had stopped.

I've been using minoxidil for 5 years....slowly stopped working, but kept it up as I didn't want to lose anymore.....since Micro needling weekly and minoxidil I'm starting to get great results.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It's also helped people who didn't respond at all.

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil for 5 years....slowly stopped working, but kept it up as I didn't want to lose anymore.....since Micro needling weekly and minoxidil I'm starting to get great results.

When you say stopped working, you mean you were losing hair or regrowth stopped? Thats very encouraging

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my view the dermaroller is fine
A few month ago there was a thread about peppermintoil beeing as effective as minoxidil.
What do you guys think about adding it to microneedling?

I don't know of any studies showing efficacy for peppermint oil.

There was however one study where rosemary oil turned out to be as effective as 2% minoxidil

But when we say minoxidil, we conventionally mean 5% minoxidil.

From my understanding of the study (which could be limited) there was no mention of what concentration of rosemary oil was used, or whether efficacy would increase at a higher concentration

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those needling the entire scalp, a quick question: how do you use derminator with long hair? I have longish hair (5 to 6 inch) and my problem is that:

1. The derminator cannot get sufficient contact with scalp where there is still hair

2. There's no way for me to know if I needled an area properly as you can't really tell if it's inducing "mild erythema". For temples which are bald it's easy.

3. I wanted to try needling on wet hair, but doesn't that increases the risk of infection?

Thank you in advance guys

Derminator

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it normal for your scalp to feel very thin? According to google your scalp should be the thickest skin being up to 8 mm, but I just can't possible imagine it being that thick.

So dumb that I now have to worry about the thickness of my fking scalp, where is it gonna end :(.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Just it helped thicken my hair up at first, but over the years I started to lose ground again and been getting thinner and thinner....until Ive started trying this.....no more shedding in 8 weeks...and more and more thin blonde vellus hairs and the odd dark hairs appearing.

I do my whole scalp, as I'm more of a diffuse thinner, with quite a shitty crown.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those needling the entire scalp, a quick question: how do you use derminator with long hair? I have longish hair (5 to 6 inch) and my problem is that:

1. The derminator cannot get sufficient contact with scalp where there is still hair

2. There's no way for me to know if I needled an area properly as you can't really tell if it's inducing "mild erythema". For temples which are bald it's easy.

3. I wanted to try needling on wet hair, but doesn't that increases the risk of infection?

Thank you in advance guys
I have the same issue. My hair is also 4-5 inches. I needle on wet hair and it makes it somewhat easier. Temples are easy like you said, but I kinda guess on the top and back by how it feels. I probably don't get full coverage, but I just needle directly on the hair and hope it hits my scalp and works

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I used minoxidil for a year, no response. Since needling I’ve noticed hairs around the hairline start to pop up and grow longer. Nothing on the crown yet. I cover my entire scalp with minoxidil.

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.
Can you tell us a bit more about your results and how long till you got them?

Saw some vellus growth within a month or so. It was recent loss, and I was already on finasteride/minoxidil.

Started at maybe advanced NW3... scary "shave it bro" time. Thought wounding was insane, but out of desperation got a Derminator and started 1.0mm every 2 weeks. Took about a year but recovered to maybe a little beyond NW2.5. Progress seemed to be slowing down so then added RU 7.5% 1x/day and maybe 10 days or so later could feel a rough sandpaper feeling on the temples. Experimented with stronger antiandrogens, got much faster growth but side effects. Eventually went back to original RU regimen.

Hard to say what needling routine was best, but it kind of seemed like 2.0mm every 2.5 weeks was the sweet spot. Really painful though, needed lidocaine for 2.0mm.

Stopped needling 6 months ago (2 years total). Recovered to around NW2 widow's peak + thin temples, which I'm comfortable enough with, so kind of lost the motivation. This thread is kind of motivating though.