Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah I'm literally just doing the side parts of the hairline, so like a pretty small area

aa18

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah I'm literally just doing the side parts of the hairline, so like a pretty small area
Well, 2 minutes makes sense then. I do it all the way from my hairline and temples in the front to the back of the head, so...

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The dude from Reddit with the insane results made sure to cover the whole of the top of his scalp.

Yeah I mean, this isn't meant to come across in a bad way but I really only have minor loss on the temples, not something that anyone outside of me would notice, but I'm trying to pre emptively strike, and I'd love my teenage hairline back. So literally just doing temples, I don't have any loss anywhere else.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not even vellus? Have you tried examining it closely with an additional source of light?
I haven't looked with an additional source, just my bathroom mirror. Some days I feel like theres more vellus hair, but other days my hair looks very thin with no improvement. Definitely nothing cosmetically noticeable. Still shed pre microneedling amounts. I'm very surprised at all the good results here within only a few sessions as that hasn't been my experience at all. Maybe it's the no minoxidil that's preventing the real results

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
also while I'm here, using liquid minoxidil and the guideline is 1ml two times a day. This seems crazy for just temples as it just runs everywhere and is generally a nightmare, would you reduce the amount?

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
also while I'm here, using liquid minoxidil and the guideline is 1ml two times a day. This seems crazy for just temples as it just runs everywhere and is generally a nightmare, would you reduce the amount?

I would just use the foam instead and apply what you need.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't looked with an additional source, just my bathroom mirror. Some days I feel like theres more vellus hair, but other days my hair looks very thin with no improvement. Definitely nothing cosmetically noticeable. Still shed pre microneedling amounts. I'm very surprised at all the good results here within only a few sessions as that hasn't been my experience at all. Maybe it's the no minoxidil that's preventing the real results
Yeah, us folks doing this with no Minoxidil have to be extra patient and have a higher chance of failure. But there have been instances of it working without it, so I think it's worth a shot.

Bankai

My Regimen
Reaction score
A few month ago there was a thread about peppermintoil beeing as effective as minoxidil.
What do you guys think about adding it to microneedling?

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
- Dr Pen Ultima A1
Minoxidil once on friday 5 - 6 hours after the needling session and once on tuesday. I picked friday for microneedling, since it is followed by weekend and I do not have to show up with a weird-looking scalp at my job. Why twice a week - minoxidil gives me horrible flaking, if I were to use it every day, I would have horrible dandruff all the time. Also my thinking is that it is particularly effective on the needling day, so maybe this should be enough.
Thanks for the answers.
I never used minoxidil since I can't/don't want to commit to twice daily, but since I started needling I though the same as you do.
That maybe if I only just apply it 12-24 hours after the treatment then it can make an effect.
For now I'll keep needling with just my oils and then see how it goes.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are you doing, applying straight after needling, waiting hours? Frequency? Thank you.

Needling 2mm every 7-10 days
minoxidil twice a day, usually wait a bit after needling
Scalp massages when ever i remember
Infrequent use of sandalor in vanicream and dr vickers ZT solution although I’m sure its the needling doing the work as progress started before these )

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Took a temple shot at an angle with my iphone (pretty decent quality for a phone actually) with the flash on and I don't want to cause any hysteria here but kind of looks like vellus hairs are popping up all over. No clue if they will actually grow more but it would be great if they did, I'd have a decent head of hair lol. I'm staying VERY cautiously optimistic.

Also I don't know if I mentioned before but in full transparency I use minoxidil 1x daily at night (miss a day here and there) and a low dose of finasteride daily which I had been doing for years prior to trying this experiment with dermaneedling so any regrowth now I can probably say almost certainly from needling. Best of luck to everyone here and happy holidays!
I also have a bunch of vellus that, if they were to turn terminal, would give me a Norwood 1.5 hairline.
Every time I see them I get frustrated. I have a few weeks before my stuff arrives.
Nice to see you're making small progress. Good luck, bro.
Happy holidays to you too!

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
+1 Study
Peppermint Oil Promotes Hair Growth without Toxic Signs
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289931/
In vitro, peppermint has been reported to show anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antifungal activities as well as strong antioxidant activity, and antiallergenic and antitumor actions

Anyone here using peppermint oil in combination of dermaroller? If so how are you using it like with the pure oil?

aa18

My Regimen
Reaction score

I would also be seeing 0 results, if I just used the bathroom mirror. My hair looks exactly the same as it did at the start and only on close inspection I can see that there is progress - Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless. I basically use a very strong flashlight.

In my opinion, seeing results is critical to motivation.

aa18

My Regimen
Reaction score

I just dip a toothbrush (a special dedicated one) into a minoxidil bottle and brush my hair with it:p Never bothered with measuring specific amount. Same with oils - just dip another dedicated toothbrush into a mixture of oils and brush my scalp.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone here using peppermint oil in combination of dermaroller? If so how are you using it like with the pure oil?
You shouldn't use it pure. mix it with a carrier oil such as jojoba oil or castor oil or another one.
Something like 3% (start with that and maybe work your way up and see what you can handle.
For example:
- 3 drops of PEO
- 97 drops of jojoba oil

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't use it pure. mix it with a carrier oil such as jojoba oil or castor oil or another one.
Something like 3% (start with that and maybe work your way up and see what you can handle.
For example:
- 3 drops of PEO
- 97 drops of jojoba oil

Thanks issue is that I also use minoxidil in the evening.
If I use oil in the morning I will have my hair all oily no?