Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not that guy if you are saying that.
Oh, I know you're not him. ThinningConfidence has been posted a few times over the course of this thread. He has an updated thread on Reddit, too.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once a month for your face. I would use 1.5mm for your face though, i used manual dermstamp years ago and got rid of my forehead lines using 1.5mm once a month, around the eye area skin is thinner so 0.5mm to 1mm for that.

How long until they were gone?

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once a month for your face. I would use 1.5mm for your face though, i used manual dermstamp years ago and got rid of my forehead lines using 1.5mm once a month, around the eye area skin is thinner so 0.5mm to 1mm for that.
My undereyes are a mess. I'm using retin a and I look like I'm dying of a disease. When I stop it becomes better but people keep saying I have to apply it for more than 6 months before it will get better but I'm worried it might be damaging it. I'm thinking of using 0.25 dermapen. This is the one I ordered for microneedling. f*****g dermaroller is leaving tire tracks on the forehead. Definitely not good enough.

https://www.banggood.in/Electric-Au...p-1117410.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long does it take for the face skin to completely recover from a 1.5mm needling?
What device were you using?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long does it take for the face skin to completely recover from a 1.5mm needling?
What device were you using?

I was just using a manual stamp i got from ebay, red for a day or two, i have tried an electric stamp on my face and it seems to stay more red for longer than the manual stamp, im guessing it's wounding more effectively, but like i said i had quite bad deep forehead lines and the manual dermastamp got rid of them completely. So it was still doing the job. After they went away i got lazy and stopped stamping, other than when i remembered or could be bothered and im still forehead line free, the results last a long time.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think people who are worried about sides if they apply minoxidil immediately after wounding like in the Chinese study should worry about efficacy that much. Here are the tables from the two studies:

Indian Study
Independent(this is very important to remove any bias) Investigator Evaluation

lFvP9Am.png

Indian Study
Patient Evaluation

a70IyIg.png

Chinese Study
Independent Investigator Analysis

jgftnb5-png.png

Chinese Study
Patient Evaluation

d0zg3mo-png.png

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I usually apply it after 12-16 hours and never had any problems, but for those who want to apply it straight after needling, one way to do it is to start gradually with a small amount to see what kind of reaction you get.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was just using a manual stamp i got from ebay, red for a day or two, i have tried an electric stamp on my face and it seems to stay more red for longer than the manual stamp, im guessing it's wounding more effectively, but like i said i had quite bad deep forehead lines and the manual dermastamp got rid of them completely. So it was still doing the job. After they went away i got lazy and stopped stamping, other than when i remembered or could be bothered and im still forehead line free, the results last a long time.
Cool. I guess if they are gone then no need to keep needling for now because you achieved what you wanted.
Did you apply any serum for this?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool. I guess if they are gone then no need to keep needling for now because you achieved what you wanted.
Did you apply any serum for this?

This was quite a few years ago now so i might be mistaken but i think i was using retin-a and vitamin c serum. I don't use retin-a anymore.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Independent Investigator Assessment

36% showed 3 point response in the Indian Study
35% showed 3 point response in the Chinese Study

44% showed 2 point response in the Indian Study
60% showed 2 point response in the Chinese Study

10 out of 50 patients showed a mild improvement(point 1) - Indian Study
1 out of 20 patients showed a mild improvement(point 1) - Chinese Study

The length of Indian study was 12 weeks long
The length of Chinese study was 24 weeks long

It's either the length of the Chinese study that gives it a significant advantage in point 2 and point 1 response over the Indian study or it was applying minoxidil right after dermarolling. But, the Chinese did wound every two weeks and the Indian study microneedled every week. It could also be because of the length of the two studies.

If you are worried about using minoxidil right after microneedling then just follow the Indian study. Your odds will still improve significantly compared to minoxidil alone.