Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Mezoot

Reaction score
Great results, congrats to @Mezoot and @Longway886. I suppose early responders will be the ones who get the most radical regrowth in the long term. Let's hope so. Any of you guys actually got worst before getting better?

Also, @Mezoot, did you lose ground on Propecia and minoxidil over the 8 years of usage, or were you able to maintain??

I didn't get any worse and my hair got noticeably darker within a few weeks too.

I responded really well initially to finasteride+min and was above baseline for ~6+yrs. I lost ground the last few years but i'm probably right around baseline now.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't get any worse and my hair got noticeably darker within a few weeks too.

I responded really well initially to finasteride+min and was above baseline for ~6+yrs. I lost ground the last few years but i'm probably right around baseline now.
Did you return to baseline after losing the gains of finas+minoxidil? Or you even went below baseline, and then went up to baseline again thanks to needling?

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to add the cortisone shampoo into the mix 3 times per week, I feel it's worth a shot to help with inflammation and it's currently 44% off the price. Hopefully I don't get any customs charges as my order is under £15.

Hi where abouts is this cortisone shampoo?
Thanks

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed, the longer it gets after needling the itch starts to come back?

Maybe the itch is a sign that our follicles are started to be attacked

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My progress so far - i've been using a derminator and a 12 needle cartridge (new cartridge each session) at 1.5mm once a week for ~15mins. I use min, h&w topical finasteride, stemoxy, ordinary hair serum (makes my hair look better and has caffeine in it, why not) 1x day except needling days, ketoconazole ~2 a week, miconazole nitrate the other days. I've been using finasteride and min for 8+yrs (switched from oral to topical finasteride about 18months ago, accompanied by a huge initial shed) so I haven't seen regrowth in a long time.

The hairline pics are the day after my 3rd session (2 nov) vs the day after my 8th session (9 dec), both taken with flash

The crown pics are taken after rolling, numbered by weekly session. 2nd session - 8th session.

My hair is longer in the later crown pics and the first 2 pics are from a different angle with stronger lighting. The lighting from week 4-8 is as consistent as I can get it.

Your crown is definitely closing in, and as wounding research shows us, this is exactly how a bald spot is supposed to close in because of how growth factors are released.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you guys buy your replacement needles for the Dr Pen Ultima A6? I'm going to ahead and buy a years worth and want to make sure I get the right ones. :)

They are very cheap and are available on wish dot com, aliexpress, banggood and maybe even ebay I think.

HairOnTheEdge

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man I didn't realize the redness lasted two days. I wet shave my head and so the redness is right there for all to see not to mention the face needling I did. Does the redness period get shorter as you continue?

Maybe medium speed instead? lol

Test subject X

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I purchased an Dr Pen Ultima A9. W/ 12 pin carthage @$129. Shipping took 2 weeks because it came from China. I live in US.

Used it for the first time today and holy crap! Feels very good. I tested the waters cautiously and couldnt go over 1mm. however my scalp feel like its on fire.
I strongly recommend anyone serious about hairloss to get an eletronic stamper.
I tried a dermaroller @ 1.25 mm before and a dermarstamp. Those dont compare.

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. Do you think it's risky to use more?
Minoxidil in its oral form is a blood pressure medication, the risk of using more is that it gets absorbed into your system and starts acting like the pill rather than the topical. Just watch out for the sides that might indicate that you're reacting to it getting absorbed into your system. I pasted some info for the pill below:

Minoxidil Side Effects Center

Common side effects of Minoxidil include:
  • dizziness,
  • drowsiness,
  • tiredness, and
  • temporary edema (swelling) while taking this medication, especially during the first few weeks as your body adjusts to the lower blood pressure. This is normal.
If these side effects of Minoxidil persist or worsen, tell your doctor promptly. Other side effects of Minoxidil include:
  • nausea,
  • vomiting,
  • breast pain or tenderness, or
  • changes in the color, length, or thickness of body or facial hair
Patient Information (Source:Multum)
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Call your doctor at once if you have:
  • new or worsening chest pain;
  • chest pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder;
  • fast or pounding heartbeats;
  • swelling in your legs, ankles, or feet;
  • rapid weight gain, especially in your face and midsection;
  • shortness of breath;
  • a light-headed feeling, like you might pass out;
  • fluid build-up in the lungs--pain when you breathe, feeling short of breath while lying down, wheezing, gasping for breath, cough with foamy mucus; or
  • severe skin reaction--fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
Common side effects may include:
  • changes in color, length, or thickness of body or facial hair;
  • nausea, vomiting;
  • rash; or
  • breast pain or tenderness.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your crown is definitely closing in, and as wounding research shows us, this is exactly how a bald spot is supposed to close in because of how growth factors are released.
So growth factors are more active around the edges of a bald spot closing it in gradually towards the center? Interesting. do you have a source by chance?

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...or-finasteride-mechanical-stimulation.116396/

This guy also using dermarolling.

I feel like this could be a big thing in the hairloss community. Of course hair follicle neogenesis is the holy grail because we will be literally creating new hair follicles but we still haven't figured it out, but until then we can atleast reverse the process until that is available.

For me, Follica is the holy grail if they figure out how to trigger follicle neogenesis in humans as well as they can do in mice. In mice the scientist literally created barriers between the wound and surrounding hair to make sure that it was healthy terminal hair transferring growth factors to the wounded area and it still worked!

I respect Tsuji but there is no way hair cloning will be cheap and hair transplants look f*****g horrible if they go wrong. Hair neogenesis would be much more f*****g aweson

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I respect Tsuji but there is no way hair cloning will be cheap and hair transplants look f*****g horrible if they go wrong. Hair neogenesis would be much more f*****g aweson
Haha. Good ole ThinningConfidence.
Agreed. Regrowth is where it's at.
While Tsuji is a great solution for those who are NW6-7, I think regenerative medicine will bring the closest thing to a cure.
Also, with the knowledge we have now, I feel like a transplant is kinda like fixing death by putting someone alive over a dead body.

Last edited:

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha. Good ole ThinningConfidence.
Agreed. Regrowth is where is at.
While Tsuji is a great solution for those who are NW6-7, I think regenerative medicine will bring the closest thing to a cure.
Also, with the knowledge we have now, I feel like a transplant is kinda like fixing death by putting someone alive over a dead body.

I'm not that guy if you are saying that. Perhaps I agree with him if he ever stated the same thing as me.
I think regenerative medicine is extremely important for transplant as well. It has to be as important as immunotherapy for cancer.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
How often is ok to do the face at 1 mm? Every week or two weeks?

Once a month for your face. I would use 1.5mm for your face though, i used manual dermstamp years ago and got rid of my forehead lines using 1.5mm once a month, around the eye area skin is thinner so 0.5mm to 1mm for that.

Last edited: