Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand lighting is everything when it comes to taking progress pics of hair and my very first photo looks like its been taken by a potatoe but these are the full 6 week results

What’s weird is every photo I take looks different but still looks like progress
I hope peeps here don't think I'm just being negative. I'm all in for being positive and helping out each other here,
But honestly I don't think this shows any progress. You might have positive results, but not based on these pics. That's what I think at least.
Keep going and hopefully soon we will see your hair grow more and more :)

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope peeps here don't think I'm just being negative. I'm all in for being positive and helping out each other here,
But honestly I don't think this shows any progress. You might have positive results, but not based on these pics. That's what I think at least.
Keep going and hopefully soon we will see your hair grow more and more :)

Nah I don’t think it’s being negative, I welcome all views as it’s really hard to tell myself, this photo is not a good example as the before pic is clearly different lighting and it has a HUGE impact on what we see..but it was my very first pic before I started rolling

I am confident I am seeing progress tho, I can tell because I can see hair growing everywhere that wasnt there before and I can now do my hair again into a comb over without it looking really stupid

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah I don’t think it’s being negative, I welcome all views as it’s really hard to tell
I am confident I am seeing progress tho, I can tell because I can see hair growing everywhere that wasnt there before and I can now do my hair again into a comb over without it looking really stupid
Great!

You will see the progress much better with the negative image.

View attachment 106348
Interesting.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You sent us better and sharper pictures. Look at this. I only corrected the colours. Here you have week 2 (If I'm not mistaken) on the left and week 6.
View attachment 106358

There are definitely improvements.

Thanks!

But where it looks like improvement the most it seems i’ve brushed less of the hair to the side, still I know I’m improving, so good to finally see your hair growing rather than disappearing

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That might work wonders on the itch!

I'm going to add the cortisone shampoo into the mix 3 times per week, I feel it's worth a shot to help with inflammation and it's currently 44% off the price. Hopefully I don't get any customs charges as my order is under £15.

Mezoot

Reaction score
My progress so far - i've been using a derminator and a 12 needle cartridge (new cartridge each session) at 1.5mm once a week for ~15mins. I use min, h&w topical finasteride, stemoxy, ordinary hair serum (makes my hair look better and has caffeine in it, why not) 1x day except needling days, ketoconazole ~2 a week, miconazole nitrate the other days. I've been using finasteride and min for 8+yrs (switched from oral to topical finasteride about 18months ago, accompanied by a huge initial shed) so I haven't seen regrowth in a long time.

The hairline pics are the day after my 3rd session (2 nov) vs the day after my 8th session (9 dec), both taken with flash

The crown pics are taken after rolling, numbered by weekly session. 2nd session - 8th session.

My hair is longer in the later crown pics and the first 2 pics are from a different angle with stronger lighting. The lighting from week 4-8 is as consistent as I can get it.

Attachments

• 3 021118.JPG
    3 021118.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 957
  • 8 091218.JPG
    8 091218.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 962
  • crown.png
    crown.png
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 1,019

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My progress so far - i've been using a derminator and a 12 needle cartridge (new cartridge each session) at 1.5mm once a week for ~15mins. I use min, h&w topical finasteride, stemoxy, ordinary hair serum (makes my hair look better and has caffeine in it, why not) 1x day except needling days, ketoconazole ~2 a week, miconazole nitrate the other days. I've been using finasteride and min for 8+yrs (switched from oral to topical finasteride about 18months ago, accompanied by a huge initial shed) so I haven't seen regrowth in a long time.

The hairline pics are the day after my 3rd session (2 nov) vs the day after my 8th session (9 dec), both taken with flash

The crown pics are taken after rolling, numbered by weekly session. 2nd session - 8th session.

My hair is longer in the later crown pics and the first 2 pics are from a different angle with stronger lighting. The lighting from week 4-8 is as consistent as I can get it.

Would be interesting to see if it would be exactly the same without finastride

Looking good tho!

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks!

But where it looks like improvement the most it seems i’ve brushed less of the hair to the side, still I know I’m improving, so good to finally see your hair growing rather than disappearing
Did yours get worse before it got better?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So nice to see other people growing new hair.

Those of you who are willing to use propecia or avodart, will benefit the most.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results, congrats to @Mezoot and @Longway886. I suppose early responders will be the ones who get the most radical regrowth in the long term. Let's hope so. Any of you guys actually got worst before getting better?

Also, @Mezoot, did you lose ground on Propecia and minoxidil over the 8 years of usage, or were you able to maintain??

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s hard to say, I think my scalp improved pretty much straight away, not much regrowth for the 1st 4 week but then started to see small hairs where I was bald, hair feels stronger and looks darker, hoping it will help with my greying hair aswell
Who knows if it deals with grey hairs as well. But.... After going thru the nightmare of baldness, I wouldn't care at all about greying hair. I'd actually like it. I envy those dudes complaining about their greying manes, having a full hair of freaking hair...

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who knows if it deals with grey hairs as well. But.... After going thru the nightmare of baldness, I wouldn't care at all about greying hair. I'd actually like it. I envy those dudes complaining about their greying manes, having a full hair of freaking hair...

Yeh the grey hair definitely takes a back seat after baldning but it would be amazing if needling sorts out both at once..

Noobie

Reaction score
Where do you guys buy your replacement needles for the Dr Pen Ultima A6? I'm going to ahead and buy a years worth and want to make sure I get the right ones. :)