Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A question for those who put some minoxidil day and night. Can we put 2ml or even 3ml on our scalp ? The bottle says 1ml, but it's hard to put only 1ml and cover the whole scalp. I usually go for 2/2.5ml and I rub with my fingers. And even with 2ml, I'm not too sure about the fact that I put it correctly. The price doesn't bother me too much (the cost for a bottle is only about 7 euros... if I can get half of my hair back, I would pay 70), so is there a risk? Does it change anything ?

I spray enough on to cover my whole top of my scalp....the bottle says 6 sprays is 1ml....I do way more than that to make sure its all covered and Ive had no ill affects.

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
A question for those who put some minoxidil day and night. Can we put 2ml or even 3ml on our scalp ? The bottle says 1ml, but it's hard to put only 1ml and cover the whole scalp. I usually go for 2/2.5ml and I rub with my fingers. And even with 2ml, I'm not too sure about the fact that I put it correctly. The price doesn't bother me too much (the cost for a bottle is only about 7 euros... if I can get half of my hair back, I would pay 70), so is there a risk? Does it change anything ?
I believe in the clinical trials for minoxidil, it made no difference in the results when the dose was over 1mL.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I spray enough on to cover my whole top of my scalp....the bottle says 6 sprays is 1ml....I do way more than that to make sure its all covered and Ive had no ill affects.

I stopped using the spray top after I read that most of it gets on the hair instead of the scalp, especially if you have long hair. It does make sense, so now I use the dropper instead. I am guessing it's more effective this way.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use rosemary oil. I mix it with an aloe vera gel because that's what I happened to have at home. I apply it once before going to bed, but after wounding I skip an application.
Ratio is one squirt of aloe vera gel with five drops of rosemary oil

He used Rosemary oil for 20 months and it did nothing...
He wasn't needling though I think

Today I ordered castor oil, peppermint oil and rosemary oil.
Probably just gonna be a hassle applying this and a waste of money and time,
But will use the above mix for a few days after needling... (will needle every 2 weeks with 1.5mm roller) because who knows...
Worst case I will use them for some fragrance (like Trinov).

Do we have any proof that those oils actually help regrowth besides a study or 2?
Any users/videos/before and after pics?

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0791LJBSM/

what about this?
I'm not using minoxidil, just saw this and thought maybe this helps.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah those spray bottles are what the Regain minoxidil come in pretty much.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

But will use the above mix for a few days after needling... (will needle every 2 weeks with 1.5mm roller) because who knows...

Do we have any proof that those oils actually help regrowth besides a study or 2?

Well if anything it should be good for dry skin. And you are using keto shampoo like most of us, so that's definitely going to dry your scalp.

HairOnTheEdge

My Regimen
Reaction score
Started my derminator regimen today. Fast setting 2mm. It hurt and there were blood specks but after splashing some water and wiping it off my scalp is just red not too bad. Did my face as well at 1mm and it was pleasant. Most of my redness is gone now an hour or so after as well. It only took me about 5-10 minutes to do this as I am shaven so don't have to worry about hair getting in the way, a nice blank canvas to run a paintbrush through.

Very impressed with the device.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

There was an iranian study saying rosemary oild is effective at 6 months

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using it for a month now. No regrowth so far. At the beginning, when rubbing it on thinning scalp, I noticed a lot of shedded tiny hair on my hands. Then it stopped. Now it's happening again. I don't know if that means anything. I like the sxent anyway. It also gave me red and hot ears sometimes, just like minoxidil - but none of the other nasty side effects. This video is not encouraging but I tend to trust academic papers most. There is one saying rosemary oil is as effective as 2 percent minoxidil - that is to say, not a lot and not for everyone. But it gives no noxious effects and it costs around £2 per month

HairOnTheEdge

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using it for a month now. No regrowth so far. At the beginning, when rubbing it on thinning scalp, I noticed a lot of shedded tiny hair on my hands. Then it stopped. Now it's happening again. I don't know if that means anything. I like the sxent anyway. It also gave me red and hot ears sometimes, just like minoxidil - but none of the other nasty side effects. This video is not encouraging but I tend to trust academic papers most. There is one saying rosemary oil is as effective as 2 percent minoxidil - that is to say, not a lot and not for everyone. But it gives no noxious effects and it costs around £2 per month
I'd be very interested to see the results you receive with this. I'm avoiding min but I wouldn't mind throwing this into the mix after six months of needling.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd be very interested to see the results you receive with this. I'm avoiding min but I wouldn't mind throwing this into the mix after six months of needling.

I'm very curious as well. My hopes aren't very high. Most of those who allegedly achieved regrowth on this forum used needling+minoxidil. I'm trying to prepare myself for a possible failure - i will probably continue for one year, but tge direction will be pretty clear long before that. To cope with the idea, I just tell myself that there's still the transplant option

stillwaters

Reaction score
Would be very interested to know more details about the "anesthetic ointment placed on the head 1 h prior to the injections" from the chinese study. I've tried lidocaine and it doesn't seem to do much.

keephoping

Reaction score
Did my second session today with the derminator. For those using the derminator, where are you buying extra 12 needle cartridges? I think I only wanna use them twice per cartridge.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did my second session today with the derminator. For those using the derminator, where are you buying extra 12 needle cartridges? I think I only wanna use them twice per cartridge.
I bought extras from owndoc . There's going to be crazy delays right now tho. Not sure where you can get them third party, but I'd like to know too

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Any users/videos/before and after pics?[/QUOTE

There’s study’s saying rosemary and peppermint oil do more than minoxidil but I’m not sure!

I’ve been dermastaping for a couple of months now once a week 1mm and apply coconut oil, castor oil and rosemary oil straight after - just added peppermint to this and getting jojoba oil as well. I feel that it should help with inflammation and just scalp health... after using microneddiling.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
http://dermarollerinfo.com/micro-needling-derma-roller-for-hair-loss/

View attachment 106288
Many users use Minoxidil with dermarollerprocedure. It is highly recommended that you use smaller needles such as 0.25mm to 0.3mm to boost the absorption of Minoxidil. NEVER apply Minoxidilimmediately after a micro needling treatment withlonger needles such as 0.5 to 1.5mm. Wait 24 hours before applying.

What about rolling everyday with a small needle and then put on minoxidil. Once a week role with the big needle. Is this too much? My hairline keeps itching aka receding and I wanna attack it with everything I got.

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just did my second Derminator session, the pain is almost unbearable. Going to check out some numbing cream. However that´s not why i post, We seem to actually have a decently large group of people trying this now, more than all the other experimental threads here, i just would like to remind everyone to take good pictures before you start, we have a chance to actually make some decent documentation of how well this works!

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about rolling everyday with a small needle and then put on minoxidil. Once a week role with the big needle. Is this too much? My hairline keeps itching aka receding and I wanna attack it with everything I got.

Not sure if it's a good idea to do it everyday if you're wounding every week. Then you would never let the skin heal properly, which is the point of the whole thing.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

When you wound with deep needles, it takes the body between 5-10 days to fully heal the damage you have done......that healing process is what is clearly benefiting our hair, along with minoxidil speeding the process up.

I think over doing it will just do more damage than good, less is more.