Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been doing this for over 2 months now.

2mm once a week using a dermapen, minoxidil (lipogaine) twice a day.

My hair has never been worst. I'm shedding a ton (have always been in the past 6 months tbh) and I can't see any improvement.

I have been using minoxidil since May, never done anything positive.

I'm starting to lose hope

If you have been shedding that much before dermarolling, it shouldn't have to do with that. Unfortunately, it sounds like you may have aggressive hairloss and need to get on medication (finasteride or dutasteride). Or maybe it's the minoxidil? But I don't think you shed that long with minoxidil.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with others here. It will take at least 6 months to see any turn around. Making things worse before it gets better is a definite risk.

Icecream

My Regimen
Reaction score
Late as in 6+ months?

I wasn't really consistent with it before but I was using a dermaroller 1.5mm since May also. Has done nothing visible

Icecream

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I just said I've been using minoxidil since May. So more than 6 months in.

I'm really scared about using finasteride, I have considered the topical one but still, can't take the plunge

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I just said I've been using minoxidil since May. So more than 6 months in.

I'm really scared about using finasteride, I have considered the topical one but still, can't take the plunge

You have to make a choice man if you want to save your hair. Yeah it's a sh*t drug, but what else is there at the moment. Just stop if you get sides. Or get a hair transplant if you have good donor and the money for it. Maybe then you can combine it with microneedling.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been doing this for over 2 months now.

2mm once a week using a dermapen, minoxidil (lipogaine) twice a day.

My hair has never been worst. I'm shedding a ton (have always been in the past 6 months tbh) and I can't see any improvement.

I have been using minoxidil since May, never done anything positive.

I'm starting to lose hope
Lipogaine made me itch like crazy.. had to stop using it.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
You have to make a choice man if you want to save your hair. Yeah it's a sh*t drug, but what else is there at the moment. Just stop if you get sides. Or get a hair transplant if you have good donor and the money for it. Maybe then you can combine it with microneedling.

Best advice somebody could give you. If you value your hair as much as you think you do, eventually you’ll have to make a decision if trying finasteride is worth it. I didn’t want to take the drug myself, but I have managed to minimize the sides as much as I can by taking 0.5mg EOD in combination with MIN and dermarolling. I don’t want to be on the drug forever, but depending on how aggressive your hair loss is, eventually you will have to make a decision. There is no doubt finasteride has at least maintained my hair even at 0.5mg. Without it, yes, I would have daily morning wood, sharper mental focus and less body fat, but I would surely be completely bald. We all make decisions in life and I made one. I don’t regret it.

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you started in May instead of continous shedding you should have new growing hair. People in the studies before treatment they were tested for other causes. Diffuse shed may be caused by other reason like Telogen Effluvium, Thyroid dysfunction, stress, anemia, nutrition. If underlying cause is not eliminated no matter how much you roll you won't see any effect.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
The dr.pen ultima a6 pens are really crap quality, first one i bought wasn't working now the second ones power button/speed button has stopped working. I have only used the thing twice sigh, im not spending another £60 on one. If i screw the battery in it starts but i can't turn it off or adjust the speed with the button, guess i will have to make do with the lowest speed setting.
mayb u got a fake one ive used mine 3 times and it works fine still on its first charge as well battery lasts ages

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
How are you guys tolerating the pain? I have a high pain threshhold but at 1.75mm im getting tears in my eyes especially on the temples. Crown hurts but bearable. Tempted to get some of that numbing cream

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you guys tolerating the pain? I have a high pain threshhold but at 1.75mm im getting tears in my eyes especially on the temples. Crown hurts but bearable. Tempted to get some of that numbing cream

Are you pushing too hard? Maybe go down to 1.5 mm?

You just need to achieve redness. Keep that in mind.

aa18

My Regimen
Reaction score

Same here, temples hurt like hell. I am not even sure that the skin is thicker than 1.5 mm in that area. I might wrong, though.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't worry too much about the pain when I started with 2mm the pain was quite uncomfortable but after about 6 or 7 sessions it's much better, i hardly bleed. My scalp also feels much better, it has been so tight feeling over the past few years.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Don't worry too much about the pain when I started with 2mm the pain was quite uncomfortable but after about 6 or 7 sessions it's much better, i hardly bleed. My scalp also feels much better, it has been so tight feeling over the past few years.

You mean you started to get less bleeding? Because i bleed a lot with 1.75 derminator.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you pushing too hard? Maybe go down to 1.5 mm?

You just need to achieve redness. Keep that in mind.
I dont push just use the weight of the device.
On 1.75 I bleed quite a lot all over. I doubt a difference of 0.25mm would be the difference between bleeding and not bleeding. In fact i'd be surprised if the device is even that accurate, or that any human can get a consistent depth all over the head. Do you realise how tiny 0.25mm is?

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You mean you started to get less bleeding? Because i bleed a lot with 1.75 derminator.

I did also get quick an pretty annoying itch that felt like prickly heat, so I started taking a Loratadine tablet before needling and it's completely gone now.