Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why DrRoller? I just looked it up and here in Italy it costs €50. It looks like any other €5 dermaroller you can find on amazon.
Dr.Roller was usually considered one of the best rollers back when I was looking although it was far too expensive for me. I was actually looking at getting a cheaper derma roller that was out of stock and since they had no stock for 1.5mm they replaced the cheap one with a Dr.Roller so I got a quality roller for $18 AUD. It's far better than the ZGTS Roller I was using previously which didn't puncture too well and required me to use more force except when doing that the head would start to clip out. I've only used 2 brands of rollers personally but as far as rollers go the Dr.Roller is basically perfect in terms of rollers for me, it doesn't even get stuck in my hair. Any roller should theoretically work, just make sure to get a 192 needle roller with real needles as the 540 ones typically use triangular metal discs with don't penetrate as well and have the potential for microtearing. They are only made to cut down on costs so you typically want a quality 1.5-2mm 192 needle roller with real needles.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My itch has completely gone and hair feels and looks a lot better, I’ve carried on doing micro needling + minoxidil and sandalor

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 104349 View attachment 104349 View attachment 104349
We don't have any reason to believe otherwise. His results are from wounding and minoxidil. But I think we have to look at it from this point of view:
2young2retire wounded with a 1.5mm roller I believe, and he pushed it to the limit. He probably ended up getting the needles in farther than the 1.5mm just from how hard he pushed it into his skin. And as I'm sure a lot of you know, rollers end up making wide "pit" type wounds instead of precise vertical wounds like a pen/stamp.
the reddit user (I forget his name on here with a bunch of numbers, I'm just gonna call him "7" from now on) used a pen at 2.0 mm, so slightly more depth than 2young. He also passed each area of the scalp a total of 6 times in one session - twice vertical, twice horizontal, twice diagonal. Pretty thorough.
I think there is a correlation between 2young and 7's results. Both methods induced a heavy wounding response. I think that with the pen you are less likely to bleed if you wound thoroughly due to the precision of the wounds. However if you are using a roller, you will bleed if you wound thoroughly with a 1.5mm roller. Either way, those that wound thoroughly seem to have the best regrowth.

Edit: found 2young's results...
View attachment 104350View attachment 104351View attachment 104352
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-scalp-for-natural-hair-regrowth.70994/page-8
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-potential-cure-log.77390/page-8#post-1160424

The pics are small, but go to his actual threads and you can see them full size with a bunch more.
do you know if he was on minoxidil or just wounding?

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are my results derma rolling for anyone curious, I didn't use minoxidil either. I have been on finasteride for 2 months now but that was to just help keep and expand on my gains. I regrow a decent amount before finasteride, most of the regrowth is from scalp massages, 1.5mm rolling and zinc pyrith + nizoral.

Your pics aren't consistent at all. I hope you're not misleading yourself and others. I don't mean this as an attack. I just know that my hair can look wildly different unless I take photos exactly the same way. I can convince myself I'm a nw1 or a nw6 depending on lighting and camera position and I'm not exaggerating at all.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your pics aren't consistent at all. I hope you're not misleading yourself and others. I don't mean this as an attack. I just know that my hair can look wildly different unless I take photos exactly the same way. I can convince myself I'm a nw1 or a nw6 depending on lighting and camera position and I'm not exaggerating at all.
Those two pictures are taken in the exact same location and way, being with wet hair under the heat lamp after a shower with flash on. I think the first one just looks different since I missed framing it and took it far too close as where the second one is further back which I also think messed with the white balance, I cropped the 2nd one to like a 4th of it's size.

You can see the regrowth the best in my first hairloss album which I posted months ago, I also attached a more recent hairline shot
https://imgur.com/a/AARrnqD

Currently my density is improved but I still have a bald patch on my crown and my hairline is still awful but not quite as bad, I'll probably make my own post on Reddit once I feel my regrowth is significant enough. I've taken lots of pictures and I was doing updates at one stage but I got lazier as my hair got better as the anxiety of hairloss used to drive me.

Attachments

• 20181101_223048.jpg
    20181101_223048.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 795

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are no fibres involved at all. I did use fibres but stopped as soon as I started dermarolling because I didn't want any of the stuff in the fibres getting into my system. I just used cheap stuff off Amazon so there was silica in mine and I did not want to put that anywhere near wounds on my head.

There are 283 photos in the album and I've got wet hair/just applied minoxidil in a lot of them, and I have two videos of me with wet hair.
You’re lucky you can use minoxidil.

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are no fibres involved at all. I did use fibres but stopped as soon as I started dermarolling because I didn't want any of the stuff in the fibres getting into my system. I just used cheap stuff off Amazon so there was silica in mine and I did not want to put that anywhere near wounds on my head.

There are 283 photos in the album and I've got wet hair/just applied minoxidil in a lot of them, and I have two videos of me with wet hair.
Looks like you have nearly full recovery well done

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m adding a 5 minute head massage daily into my routine, head hanging over my bed so the blood flows to my head and dig my fingers in my scalp with a lot of pressure all over my head, so my regime will be -

Micro needle with pen - 2mm every 7-10 days
Scalp massage 5 minutes each day
Sandalor 1% in vanicream twice a day
minoxidil twice a day (apart from when needling)
Dr vickers formula - twice a day

Just over 5 weeks in so far I can see loads of little hairs in my previous bald spots(my hair is really bad) and my hair and scalp feel much healthier and not as tough, my itch which was quite bad has completely gone

While it’s hard to visibly see progress apart from the new hair coming through, Previous to starting micro needling my comb over was getting to a point where it just looked stupid and was literally weeks off a hair system, now when I do my hair I can do it where it looks ok again and the comb over looks far stronger and thicker and if you seen me it wouldnt be obvious a comb over, so this to me is just amazing and strongly think this is working, to what extent I’m not sure yet but in the years being on this forum this is the only thing that has made my hair start ti get better..

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just have to say I really appreciate this thread and I’m jumping on the bandwagon. My derminator came in recently and I used it for the first time a couple of days ago. Felt great and I’m cautiously optimistic for good results. I used a roller for a couple of weeks before that and for me, the derminator is superior in terms of wounding efficacy. Taking my own pics to document progress. Very excited for the months to come.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome. My hair got thinner in the first month (possibly a minoxidil shed?) but from week 5 on results were great. It sounds like you're going to get good results in the next 2 - 3 months and I'm seriously happy for anyone who sees progress, no matter how little you think it is. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers mate, I hope so, first time it’s actually got better and everything makes sense, I’ll be happy to let you use my progress pics (if it works) for your website

newguy7

My Regimen
Reaction score
My shits coming in Friday or saturday and I’m gonna start. I’ll be documenting my progress as well. I have a good set of hair overall still but the front is slowly getting fucked. I expect to see obvious growth there first before anything else as my crown is pretty well intact. So it’ll be pretty obvious if it works around that 9-12 month mark (or even earlier who knows). Not gonna be using anything else. Might add it later but the stories about the infamous minoxidil shed putting me off right now.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome. My hair got thinner in the first month (possibly a minoxidil shed?) but from week 5 on results were great. It sounds like you're going to get good results in the next 2 - 3 months and I'm seriously happy for anyone who sees progress, no matter how little you think it is. Thanks for sharing.

Where in the UK are you by the way? I’m in Manchester

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's so great to see people making progress. I'll be joining you soon!

ISh1tYouNot

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just created an account to point a detail from Dhurat's 2013 study that you seem to have overlooked.

Other notable findings during the study period were
  • Initiation of new hair growth was noticeable by around 6 weeks in Microneedling group and by 10 weeks in Minoxidil group.
  • Rapid growth in the existing hair was seen at week 1 in the Microneedling group than Minoxidil group.
That's it, let's keep going boys!