Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

mry

My Regimen
Reaction score
Micro tearing would be a good thing right?just like rolling
I'm not sure it's a good thing. Apparantly it can cause scarring and prolong your healing. That's why the derminator is recommended by most as it doesn't cause microtearing. I would get a derminator, but they have banned a lot of countries from accessing their website.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the damage from the needling causes new blood vessels to grow and attache to the hair follicles and results will show after a month or two just like transplanted hair..could be as simple as that...my derma pen is taken forever to come from China pity no other countries closer to home sell these pens

Its more than that...that maybe a factor, but it affects Gene expression...with downregulation of pro-inflammatory cytokines and upregulation of genes associated with tissue remodeling and wound healing (TIMP3, COL3A1, COL8A1), epithelial proliferation and differentiation (KRT13, IGF1), immune cell recruitment (CCL11) and an upregulation of heat shock protein (HSP).....so this is likely to affect the hair follicle that resides within the skin itself.

Full study can be found here:

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0204318

MK13

Reaction score
Seeing terminal (coloured) hair popping up is a great sight especially at such an early stage. I'm very encouraged by the early signs but the flaking is proving to be a troublesome side effect during the healing process. I may change my needling day so that the flaking occurs during the weekend when I have more time to deal with it rather than it falling during my working week. Other than that, so far so good.

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been doing it since March, so a total of 8 months now. I now regard myself as having a full head of hair and don't notice any balding spots.

My temples have less hair than I did when I was 21, obviously, but the hairloss on my temples is very normal for a 32 year old.

Even if it turns out you are a freak of nature with super healing abilites and this doesn´t work on any of us i´m really happy for you! Just about to order a derminator 2 because i don´t feel like i do a very good job with the roller. Regardless if it works or not it feels good to be doing something and just not resign completely to the hairloss

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
At least this method isn't too expensive to try out and you only need to do it 12 times (once a week for 12 weeks) to know if it will work for you. I am getting more and more private messages every day from people who are starting to see results.

True, it really isn't that expensive at all compared to many other treatments. I think for most people it would make sense to try this for longer than 3 months though, probably more around 6-9 months. Theoretically, some might see results a lot later.

Especially when it comes to temple and hairline regrowth, things could really take a while. Who knows, maybe even your temples will grow back completely eventually? :)

Anyway, just completed another rolling session. Does anyone else get a bit of a crackling sound during the procedure? The scalp definitely feels really good after the session.

Looking forward to the derminator, dermaroller can really get a bit bloody...

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why some people will always be bald. His loss, not mine or ours lol:

"If you look closely at the before and after you can see what seems to be concealer. Also this was proven to be bullshit on hairlosstalk forums"

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/...ller_later_dermapen_and_minox_results/ea5i65w
The only way you can stop this is make a video with your hair wet, use a cream/white comb. Show the regrowth and also the comb to see if there’s any hair fiber residue on the comb, which there will if it’s there.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the damage from the needling causes new blood vessels to grow and attache to the hair follicles and results will show after a month or two just like transplanted hair..could be as simple as that...my derma pen is taken forever to come from China pity no other countries closer to home sell these pens
That's basically the idea actually, it's called angiogenesis. A lot of hairloss just simply comes down to reduced bloodflow of the follicle, DHT indirectly reduces bloodflow as it's used as an inflammatory response that never ends which leads to fibrosis in people who have that gene.

Molecular Characterization of Microneedling Therapy.
Microneedling causes -
  • A downregulation of pro-inflammatory cytokines
  • Upregulation of the known chemokine eotaxin (CCL11). CCL11 regulates cell activation and contributes to angiogenesis
Angiogenesis which is the formation of blood vessels is likely what's actually regrowing hair when microneedling.

Scalp Blood Flow In Balding Men
"The difference was statistically significant (p much less than 0.001). A reduced nutritive blood flow to the hair follicles might be a significant event in the pathogenesis of early male pattern baldness."

Fibrosis In Balding Scalps
Fibrosis was found in the scalps of balding men, this directly inhibits blood flow.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only way you can stop this is make a video with your hair wet, use a cream/white comb. Show the regrowth and also the comb to see if there’s any hair fiber residue on the comb, which there will if it’s there.

He has....and he shows himself using his dermapen whilst doing it.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are my results derma rolling for anyone curious, I didn't use minoxidil either. I have been on finasteride for 2 months now but that was to just help keep and expand on my gains. I regrow a decent amount before finasteride, most of the regrowth is from scalp massages, 1.5mm rolling and zinc pyrith + nizoral. My hairline still needs a good amount of regrowing but based on vellus hair it should cap out at NW2 in 6-12 months. I'm coming from a NW4.5 and currently I'm about NW4-3.5 although with some restored density. It's surprising how many people dismiss microneedling as bullshit since it just doesn't work for them

Attachments

• 20180719_111310.jpg
    20180719_111310.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 1,297
  • Screenshot_20181121-135344_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181121-135344_Gallery.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 1,325

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are my results derma rolling for anyone curious, I didn't use minoxidil either. I have been on finasteride for 2 months now but that was to just help keep and expand on my gains. I regrow a decent amount before finasteride, most of the regrowth is from scalp massages, 1.5mm rolling and zinc pyrith + nizoral. My hairline still needs a good amount of regrowing but based on vellus hair it should cap out at NW2 in 6-12 months. I'm coming from a NW4.5 and currently I'm about NW4-3.5 although with some restored density. It's surprising how many people dismiss microneedling as bullshit since it just doesn't work for them

Out of interest what time frame is between those pics? They are also very good.

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long you rolling btw

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, dude, these make me even more excited about microneedling.
May I ask, how do you approach massaging? I plan on massaging + microneedling, but not sure how I should do it.
Pretty good results!

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got very very small hair growth on my temples, kinda like the beginning of beard growth except not as prickly. But more prickly than those flimsy baby hairs. God damn I look at my hair too much. Been a couple weeks since they sprouted and they don't grow six sessions in

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Out of interest what time frame is between those pics? They are also very good.
The 2nd picture was last night and I believe the first one was 5 months ago, I lost my time stamps when transferring photos to my PC from Android for space.