Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude chill, that fanatic attitude its not going to help you.

Tell you what? Do it for some time like I did, read the data from the studies and search for other forums as well.

Dont want to repeat myself but there is a clear pattern on the success cases: low norwoods with diffuse thinning. You will find that on almost every good picture.

If you think this is going to regrow all your hair, unless youre a low norwood of course, you are delusional. That i can say yes.

This is what we need to do tho, quash people like you who just throw in a few fancy words about why it wont work, it’s posts like yours that makes people give up and why we are in 2018 and only just starting doing this properly

If you have seen studies where this doesn’t work for high Norwood and it stops at a certain point then show us? If there is evidence out there that shows this doesn’t work it is valuable for us to see it in this thread because all the evidence up to yet showing it does, studies, several user experiences and a hairloss company basing their product on the exact same thing...

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
This is what we need to do tho, quash people like you who just throw in a few fancy words about why it wont work, it’s posts like yours that makes people give up and why we are in 2018 and only just starting doing this properly

If you have seen studies where this doesn’t work for high Norwood and it stops at a certain point then show us? If there is evidence out there that shows this doesn’t work it is valuable for us to see it in this thread because all the evidence up to yet showing it does, studies, several user experiences and a hairloss company basing their product on the exact same thing...

Ok stop it now. Both of you just wait and see. The only thing we loose is our hair and yourselves. Take it for what it is and instead of writing bullshit. Tell us which session you're at and if youve noticed any changes

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Lol what a fool... Go on with that birthday party my friend!

Actually, there is a study showing poor regrowth for big NWs look for yourself. I dont like you enough to find it for you.

Still wish you good luck to you and to all and if you want to keep discussing PM me so i can attend you there @longway66

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol what a fool... Go on with that birthday party my friend!

Actually, there is a study showing poor regrowth for big NWs look for yourself. I dont like you enough to find it for you.

Still wish you good luck to you and to all and if you want to keep discussing PM me so i can attend you there @longway66

If you know of a study where microneedling doesn’t work for high Norwood then share it?

It’s not for me is it? It’s for the community.. we are trying to work out if this works or not and keep the thread helpful.. so if you know of studies that help determine if this works on not then please share for everybody here

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Search for Rachita Dhurat microneedling studies in Google Scholar, you will find it fast.

And im not saying this doesnt work, im saying without minoxidil is less effective.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Search for Rachita Dhurat microneedling studies in Google Scholar, you will find it fast.

And im not saying this doesnt work, im saying without minoxidil is less effective.

You’re saying this couldnt possibly give you most of your hair back tho?

That study is for 12 weeks tho? What about after 12 weeks?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeh but anyone reading this take what I’m saying with a pinch of salt just thinking out loud and trying to put the peices together

Yeh I’ve been using with minoxidil and added sandalor and zinc spray from dr vickers, I’ll just drop everything and roll now and if its starts getting worse add minoxidil again, don’t like the fact minoxidil affects aging your skin

Been on and off minoxidil for about 5 years

Have you not started yet? Are you in the UK?
Well, do tell how it goes. Best of luck!
I haven't. I plan on getting the Derminator 2 but I'm painfully broke and, since getting a cheaper one and then upgrading to the Derminator'd be more expensive, figured I'll wait a bit and see how I fare.
However, if I don't have the means to get it by around mid December, then I'll just get some Dr. Pen. Don't wanna wait too long, either.
I'm not in the UK. I'm in Europe, tho.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@74775446 congrats for your results!

You started march 2018 and did not use any other treatment for hairgrowth right?

The funny thing about that is the "technologie" for an almost functional cure for baldness was around hundrets of years but nobody figured it out. Sometimes you just need to think outside the box. From no on my first atempt to fix something is to stab the problem with tiny needles and hope they go away :)

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have also been doing 1.5mm once a week for about a month now. Corners of my hairline only, where there's the most loss. Taking pictures along the way. Although I did start dutasteride recently, I'm hoping that confining the dermapen to these two specific areas will help segregate the results (if any)

Big part of the reason I'm willing to try this is that I removed a blemish from the side of my torso years ago and two thick dark hairs sprouted from the wound site (no other hair in that area of my body at all)

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got results with a £4.99 dermaroller. I only started using a pen after I was seeing results. If you want to get started sooner then just order a cheap dermaroller off Amazon or Ebay.

True. However, I have to say that I've been using a dermaroller for almost two months now and I haven't seen any improvements yet. Maybe some tiny blond hair, but those might have been there before.

I'm not saying a roller won't work, but obviously it could take much longer depending on the individual. Considering that, going for a dermapen/derminator straight away has several advantages: it's probably much more efficient and from what I've heard also hurts much less.

With a roller, it's probably easier to get frustrated. It's a somewhat painful procedure, and if results don't occur within three months, I reckon many people just abandon it prematurely.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
True. However, I have to say that I've been using a dermaroller for almost two months now and I haven't seen any improvements yet. Maybe some tiny blond hair, but those might have been there before.

I'm not saying a roller won't work, but obviously it could take much longer depending on the individual. Considering that, going for a dermapen/derminator straight away has several advantages: it's probably much more efficient and from what I've heard also hurts much less.

With a roller, it's probably easier to get frustrated. It's a somewhat painful procedure, and if results don't occur within three months, I reckon many people just abandon it prematurely.

I think you’re right. I bought a stamp, used it once and realised that I was never going to use it on the basis that I was never really sure I was doing it right.

Now I have a derminator. I’ve tested it on my hand and know it’s working at 1.5mm the way it’s meant to.

Because I know it’s doing it’s job properly I am committed to using it once a week for at least 9 months.

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you look at my pictures, I don't think I had great results in 2 months. It was sort of between month 2 and 3 that results got crazy and after month 3 I had pretty good hair.

Have you been taking photos like I did? I wouldn't have noticed the improvement without photos and might have given up.

Nope, I haven't been taking photos. While I think that's generally the best thing to do, it would make me obsess over my receding hairline even more. I try not to overanalyze things to stay sane. ;-)

I definitely won't give up. I'll invest in a derminator as soon as possible. When proper hair regrowth occurs, I'm sure I'll notice it.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Exactly. It's more expensive, but I potentially save a lot of time. Besides, I'm investing in myself here. Better take the best option available from the get-go.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those of you trying the dr pen for the first time, just remember to hold the power button for a few seconds in order for it to start.

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the damage from the needling causes new blood vessels to grow and attache to the hair follicles and results will show after a month or two just like transplanted hair..could be as simple as that...my derma pen is taken forever to come from China pity no other countries closer to home sell these pens

mry

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys! Can anyone with the Dr pen ultima A6 confirm it doesn't cause microtearing by testing it on a sheet of paper?