Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As you can probably tell I’m not very scientific and don’t pretend to be, but the more I think about it, it’s just commen sense

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s the thing tho waht if adding minoxidil and stem cells isnt necessary, what if our body is giving us exactly what we need through wound healing, better than any drug that could give us, that is the drug what our body is sending to repair
Well, I'm about to find out myself since I'm going to do it without Minoxidil. But we got enough evidence to think it can work without it too, indeed.
Maybe it depends on the type of hairloss. If it's aggressive or slow, or diffuse thinning. There could be a few variables at play here.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I'm about to find out myself since I'm going to do it without Minoxidil. But we got enough evidence to think it can work without it too, indeed.
Maybe it depends on the type of hairloss. If it's aggressive or slow, or diffuse thinning. There could be a few variables at play here.

We know that it’s our body healing itself that does the work so to me that says that the results would depend on how good/quick your body is at repairing itself, like when you cut yourself, does your body heal quick.

So I would get from that, that the younger you are the quicker your body heals, so would make sense that this would work better and faster on younger people

I’m going to try without anything else aswell now, just rolling 2mm once a week, will be interesting to see our results compared to others using minoxidil

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We know that it’s our body healing itself that does the work so to me that says that the results would depend on how good/quick your body is at repairing itself, like when you cut yourself, does your body heal quick.

So I would get from that, that the younger you are the quicker your body heals, so would make sense that this would work better and faster on younger people

I’m going to try without anything else aswell now, just rolling 2mm once a week, will be interesting to see our results compared to others using minoxidil
If that's the case, then I gotta be one hell of a responder. My time as a construction worker has taught me that I heal those real quick, haha.
You been at it with Minoxidil? For how long? Cause depending on it, not sure if it's such a good idea to drop it. But yeah, would be interesting to have several people trying it without it.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeh but anyone reading this take what I’m saying with a pinch of salt just thinking out loud and trying to put the peices together

Yeh I’ve been using with minoxidil and added sandalor and zinc spray from dr vickers, I’ll just drop everything and roll now and if its starts getting worse add minoxidil again, don’t like the fact minoxidil affects aging your skin

Been on and off minoxidil for about 5 years

Have you not started yet? Are you in the UK?

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll chip in a bit, ordered my dermapen today, hoping it arrives before 2019. :)

Anyways, I wanted to share I used hairegen device for almost 2 years. Most of you said it was a scam, it is essentially a dermaroller, with pretty shallow needles + laser + some other things. Anyways, I have used it every 4-5th day (even though they said it should be used EVERY day), long story short - I think it just helped in maintaining, no regrowth, but those "needles" are VERY shallow, actually they look like teeth, so I'm hyped to try the real thing.

@74775446 man, thanks for coming here and sharing you experience, means a world to all of us.

Pnl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im dermarolling for 4 weeks now with a dermapen, i see some hairs got terminal. But the thing i noticed the most is the flaking. Every saturday i use my dermapen, sunday no flaky scalp, monday a little bit, thuesday my scalp is flaking af. Somebody else notice this to? English not my native language sorry

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im dermarolling for 4 weeks now with a dermapen, i see some hairs got terminal. But the thing i noticed the most is the flaking. Every saturday i use my dermapen, sunday no flaky scalp, monday a little bit, thuesday my scalp is flaking af. Somebody else notice this to? English not my native language sorry

Same. I get it for days too.

Reactions: Pnl

Monolayer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just registered to thank all of you guys for contributing to this thread! Especially OP and 74775446.
So, I guess I'll give it a shot. Without minoxidil, though (never used it before).

I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories, but if this method truly works, we are dealing with an enormous amount of money here. So some fakes may follow. just saying...

Last edited:

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just registered to thank all of you guys for contributing to this thread! Especially OP and 74775446.
So, I guess I'll give it a shot. Without minoxidil, though (never used it before).

I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories, but if this method truly works, we are dealing here with an enormous amount of money. So some fakes may follow. just saying...

Good luck! Take some before pictures so you can track your progress and if you comfortable doing, share them on here

What do you mean about fakes may follow?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are crazy if you think you will be "cured " by dermarolling.

This is a good weapon, not the magic bullet. If you want to spend 2 years dermastamping to find that out. Well thats up to you...

Youre going to reach a plateau effect just like others before you did. Again, read the studies, what Follica says about wounding they studied it for a decade and did 3 trials using different methods.

If you dont use minoxidil the chances of having good regrowth diminishes significantly.

Monolayer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck! Take some before pictures so you can track your progress and if you comfortable doing, share them on here

What do you mean about fakes may follow?

Thanks! I will!

I mean some "undiscovered adverse/side effects", "full hair loss after" and so on. It's so easy to speculate on this. Pharma companies will not be happy for sure.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are crazy if you think you will be "cured " by dermarolling.

This is a good weapon, not the magic bullet. If you want to spend 2 years dermastamping to find that out. Well thats up to you...

Youre going to reach a plateau effect just like others before you did. Again, read the studies, what Follica says about wounding they studied it for a decade and did 3 trials using different methods.

If you dont use minoxidil the chances of having good regrowth diminishes significantly.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I’m curious as to why you think we’ll reach a plateau? Why should regrowth all of a sudden just stop with continuous treatment?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I’m curious as to why you think we’ll reach a plateau? Why should regrowth all of a sudden just stop with continuous treatment?

Simply because for hair neogenesis to occur that "massively" we have to undergo an upregulation of certain signals that arent "strongly" reactivated with light or moderate wounding.

Even mice didnt recovered much hair without amplifying the WNTbeta catenin signaling pathway. And those little fuckers have proven to be very prone to regrow hair with other stuff...

Cotsarelis, the master of "wounding science" said multiple times, Androgenetic Alopecia cant be cured, that we should expect just better and more elegant treatments.

I think some of us should be more cautious

Last edited:

Monolayer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cotsarelis himself said he thinks Androgenetic Alopecia cant be cured

I'm sorry, but what's your point exactly? Let's patiently wait for THE cure then? Next thousand years?
Nobody calls it a cure.

It is just a cosmetic method that seems to work. I'm alright with that.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but what's your point exactly? Let's patiently wait for THE cure then? Next thousand years?
Nobody calls it a cure.

It is just a cosmetic method that seems to work. I'm alright with that.

Definitely you didnt read the last pages of the thread pal.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been 5 - 6 weeks since this was posted, any of you early responders get any improvement. Are you using minoxidil?

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Simply because for hair neogenesis to occur we have to undergo an upregulation of certain signals that arent "strongly" reactivated with light or moderate wounding.

Even mice didnt recovered much hair without amplifying the WNTbeta catenin signaling pathway. And those little fuckers have proven to be very prone to regrow hair with other stuff...

Cotsarelis, the master of "wounding science" said multiple times, Androgenetic Alopecia cant be cured, that we should expect just better and more elegant treatments.

I think some of use should be more cautious

So you’re saying the people like the reddit guy and the guys who showed really good results on here are just good responders?

Good responders to what tho? How is it not just a case of our bodies either heal or they don’t, and when they do heal, some of the time it grows a hair

I’m not saying you’re wrong I’m just trying to understand, you’re clearly more knowledgable than me

And the point of ‘like people before you’ I’ve still not seen anyone come forward and say, yes I derma roll every week but don’t see results, it’s literally every person who has been doing this 1.5mm and anove have positive results.. maybe it’s this attitude of THIS IS NOT THE CURE that put people off keep rolling..

Can you show me at least one person with AA who has been doing this who it either a. Hasn’t worked on or b. Worked but only to a certain level and never got better even tho they kept going?