Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man. Fellow OCD patient here. It's really not as bad as one might think. This is precisely what I do: sterilize needles, wash hair, keep hands clean, perform the procedure, sterilize needles, wait a few minutes, rinse hair with cold water (to remove any blood). Also, I preferably do this in the morning to avoid going to bed right after.

I've used the dermaroller about 5-6 times now. Nothing bad has happened and it gets easier every time (still hurts though, haha).
Probably going to upgrade to the derminator by the end of the year.

Hey dude. Thanks for your reply; it really is reassuring coming from a fellow OCD patient.
How often do you do it? Have you noticed any results so far?
I'll probably go with a dermapen. I'll get the cheaper one and maybe upgrade it too after some time.
Best of luck!

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started to notice thinner temples when i was 25 after that i did Nothing until i was 27 i got comments that i had a bald spot on my crown, the whirl was thinning and i started to freak a bit. Tried stupid things like balayam and did scalp excersizes From Tom haggerty. I still do the scalp excersizes because i learned to control the muscles but i dont do it every day.
When i was 28 i bought 3 strips of finasteride and stopped because i didnt notice anything.
By the time i was 30-31 i read alot on the dermoroller/wounding forum and bought minoxidil and a 1.5 dermaroller and i have to honestly say that i regrew alot of hair on the temples, but got lazy after 6 months and stopped minoxidil from kirkland. I only wounded my temples where i wanted regrowt and did lighter Rolling on the top and crown. After 2 years when i was 33 i only did some light Rolling once a month.
Last year i noticed that my temples where getting thinner again and started to do somebody’s regime but it didnt do a thing. 2months ago i started wounding again and i have tons of small hairs in the temples, but they aren’t getting long... but 2 months is short
i’m 37 now and the top and crown is very full and i dont use any medication.

So to make things clear...
in my twenties people told me i was thinning and now when i’m 37 nobody says a thing! Because i have more hair then when i was 28.

Well thats another promising testimonial....seems to quite an effective treatment.,..wonder why we dont hear about it more.

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any chance this would work on a scar? I've got a big scar on the back of my head where I cracked it open. Or is the scarred skin impossible to grow hair over?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any chance this would work on a scar? I've got a big scar on the back of my head where I cracked it open. Or is the scarred skin impossible to grow hair over?
Depends on how deep the wound was, if the cut was deep enough to destroy the follicles I don’t think they will come back - but it’s definitley worth a try. I’m curious. Dermarolling definitley works to reduce visible scar tissue though

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on how deep the wound was, if the cut was deep enough to destroy the follicles I don’t think they will come back - but it’s definitley worth a try. I’m curious. Dermarolling definitley works to reduce visible scar tissue though

Yeah guess its the deepness of it, worth a try though I reckon. It's never grown hair before so if it does then I'll 100 percent know its the derma roll

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Neither links provide any peer -reviewed studies to compare those 2. It seems more like marketing because the dermapen is newer and more profit to be made by it.

One thing though, regarding the pain score of dermaroller vs dermapen. Maybe the way it makes wounds(dermaroller) is better for hair growth stimulation and as far as I know there aren't any studies(correct me if I'm wrong) using dermapens for hair growth (just simple dermaroller). So...why fix something that actually has been proven to work ?
The problem with the roller, if you actually have hair, is that to use it with the force that it needs to be used, it will constantly be ripping out existing hair because of the rolling motion. The pen, although I haven’t used it yet, seems better at not pulling hair, thus allowing you to use it for max efficacy.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you looked into having SMP (scalp micro pigmentation) done over the scar? You could probably have it covered up for under $1000 and it would most likely last for 10+ years since it's not in the sun.

vlados

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with the roller, if you actually have hair, is that to use it with the force that it needs to be used, it will constantly be ripping out existing hair because of the rolling motion. The pen, although I haven’t used it yet, seems better at not pulling hair, thus allowing you to use it for max efficacy.

I also have hair and I'm not keeping it very short. What helps is to roll on damp/wet hair. Regarding max efficacy, on the study they rolled until mild erythema was noted and they stopped there . They don't talk about hardcore wounding.Just a thought.

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you looked into having SMP (scalp micro pigmentation) done over the scar? You could probably have it covered up for under $1000 and it would most likely last for 10+ years since it's not in the sun.

Actually no, that's a good shout. I have a lot of tattoos so thought about just getting a regular tattoo on the back of my head but that makes sense

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude. Thanks for your reply; it really is reassuring coming from a fellow OCD patient.
How often do you do it? Have you noticed any results so far?
I'll probably go with a dermapen. I'll get the cheaper one and maybe upgrade it too after some time.
Best of luck!

I've only been using the roller about 1.5 months. So far, nothing significant report but it's way too early to tell I guess.
Best of luck to you, too! :)

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the studies, they used a 1.5mm dermaroller. Don't think that by getting bigger needles means more success, it's not usually the case.

Myself, I'm using a dermaroller, (once/week ,for 2-3 weeks now) and I roll until a mild erythema is noted .I strive to roll for about 10 minutes.
Just going on the fact this thread was about 2.0mm derma pen. Have you been using it long? How are the results?

vlados

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just going on the fact this thread was about 2.0mm derma pen. Have you been using it long? How are the results?

Hey RO,
In my post that you've quoted, I've mentioned that I'm using the dermaroller for 2-3 weeks and you're asking me, how long I've been using it ? :)

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because the guys who where dermarolling back then aren’t on the forums anymore...
i wonder why:rolleyes:

It sounds like because admin deleted the original tread. They all moved to other forums where people were not so precious about a little blood. Oh and because a lot of them got their hair back :)