Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never seen these, holy sh*t. I am shocked that people (myself included) haven’t tried this.
Microneedling discussion was actually banned and discouraged here I found out, primarily due to the bloody nature which is why I think a lot of these stories go over people's heads here.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just be careful with the Dr.Pen as they are actually just re purposed permanent make-up pens and have the potential to cause micro tearing which can cause permanent damage to your skin. Most people agree that the Derminator is the best but it's a bit more expensive. I was going to order when myself until I saw that postage to Australia takes around 6-10 weeks. I couldn't really wait that long when spending $265 and Christmas is coming up around that time meaning it will likely be delayed.

Example of the difference
https://www.derminator.com/images/img06.jpg
Where did you hear that Dr.Pen info? I just bought one not knowing this...

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely wasn’t talking sh*t. Definitely think dermarolling has a benefit. Definitely just got done dermarolling 5 mins ago.

I wasn't talking to you :D

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did you hear that Dr.Pen info? I just bought one not knowing this...
I did some research some time ago into it and the consensus was overwhelmingly towards the derminator as opposed to the Dr.Pen. I couldn't find too many experiences using the Dr.Pen so I decided to wasn't worth the risk of permanently damaging my skin at the sake of postage times and cost. That said I was also looking at it to remove some acne scars I had alongside regrowing my hair meaning that the potential crudeness of it won't be as irrelevant for someplace such as the scalp. You'd be probably safe enough to actually use it but I'd just be careful, micro tearing is caused by horizontal incisions, you want the needle to pierce vertically to minimize any potential long term damage and decrease the time it takes to heal. If you take it slow I can't imagine the risk would be too high. It's also worth noting that derma rollers actually can cause micro tearing too and even derma stamps although much lesser.

I was looking at the instruction manual for a Dr.Pen and it literally has a typo in it, there was also a bunch of gramatical errors throughout. I understand they are made in China but their quality control had me a little worried considering it's an electronic needle that has the potential to cause permanent damage. https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws...8/08/15/t563vky3cf574p7y/16d952f1a8c8e207.jpg Like they literally typo "battery" as "bettery" after literally just typing it correctly on the line above, like how?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you please explain why? People like @Somebody have been doing microneedling every day pretty deep ( 1.5mm ) and they have amazing results...

No he has been lightly rolling, its nowhere near as deep as 1.5mm goes, fully rolling on 1.5mm or 2mm is wounding. If you are wounding you should do so every couple of weeks, rolling to increase absorption like somebody does is different. It's just rolling very lightly, some redness but not much, you hardly use any pressure.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No he has been lightly rolling, its nowhere near as deep as 1.5mm goes, fully rolling on 1.5mm or 2mm is wounding. If you are wounding you should do so every couple of weeks, rolling to increase absorption like somebody does is different. It's just rolling very lightly, some redness but not much, you hardly use any pressure.

I mean that's all very subjective. He also said that if you're using Rogaine foam instead of topical, you should press harder and he's been using foam for quite some time now...

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean that's all very subjective. He also said that if you're using Rogaine foam instead of topical, you should press harder and he's been using foam for quite some time now...

He has been pretty explicit that he rolls very lightly, just a little redness, no blood or anything to aid in absorption of minoxidil. No wounding like the person in this thread.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Might cancel my order for the pink Dr Pen if they’re not great.

Don’t fancy running a dildo over my head anyway.

Last edited:

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did some research some time ago into it and the consensus was overwhelmingly towards the derminator as opposed to the Dr.Pen. I couldn't find too many experiences using the Dr.Pen so I decided to wasn't worth the risk of permanently damaging my skin at the sake of postage times and cost. That said I was also looking at it to remove some acne scars I had alongside regrowing my hair meaning that the potential crudeness of it won't be as irrelevant for someplace such as the scalp. You'd be probably safe enough to actually use it but I'd just be careful, micro tearing is caused by horizontal incisions, you want the needle to pierce vertically to minimize any potential long term damage and decrease the time it takes to heal. If you take it slow I can't imagine the risk would be too high. It's also worth noting that derma rollers actually can cause micro tearing too and even derma stamps although much lesser.

I was looking at the instruction manual for a Dr.Pen and it literally has a typo in it, there was also a bunch of gramatical errors throughout. I understand they are made in China but their quality control had me a little worried considering it's an electronic needle that has the potential to cause permanent damage. https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws...8/08/15/t563vky3cf574p7y/16d952f1a8c8e207.jpg Like they literally typo "battery" as "bettery" after literally just typing it correctly on the line above, like how?
So what do you recommend? Stay away from the ones made in China?

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what do you recommend? Stay away from the ones made in China?
Probably to just get the derminator since it's the only one made intended for microneedling and doesn't cause microtearing, sadly there doesn't appear to be anything else like it that's actually quality so there's not a lot of options. The only real alternative is a big $5000 needling machine they use in clinics. I haven't used either the derminator or the Dr.Pen but the information online heavily points towards the derminator. The Dr.Pen could probably work just fine with minimal issues but it's just good to be aware it has a greater potential to cause harm as opposed to a derminator.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably to just get the derminator since it's the only one made intended for microneedling and doesn't cause microtearing, sadly there doesn't appear to be anything else like it that's actually quality so there's not a lot of options. The only real alternative is a big $5000 needling machine they use in clinics. I haven't used either the derminator or the Dr.Pen but the information online heavily points towards the derminator. The Dr.Pen could probably work just fine with minimal issues but it's just good to be aware it has a greater potential to cause harm as opposed to a derminator.
Yeah there is quite a difference in price with the Dr Pen.. some are Ultima or something and also wireless, which would be better I reckon.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought a $35 Dr. Pen (pink) on Wish.com to test it out.

If this turns out to grow hair, then I will go for something more expensive/convenient like wireless.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had the Derminator product page bookmarked for nearly a year now and finally going to bite the bullet and purchase after seeing this thread. I was on their site trying to find the 2.0 MM needle cartridge for the last 10 minutes and just realized that they're all the same because you set the depth on the machine. <face palm>

Been using the dermaroller off and on for a few years (both hair and face) but not a devout user and haven't changed the dermaroller every couple months like I should be. I will say this, the day after dermarolling my face it looks years younger.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using the dermaroller off and on for a few years (both hair and face) but not a devout user and haven't changed the dermaroller every couple months like I should be. I will say this, the day after dermarolling my face it looks years younger.

has it anything changed in terms of texture? I had 3 sessions with the dermapen 2 years ago on my face but didn't change my deep acne scars, although it did help in terms of having less oily skin.

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
Well maybe that or he’s had a transplant. You can still wet your hair with fibers in it and it will look more fuller.

Totally agree. Toppix is still visible when hair is wet. This is another scam guys...lol

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Totally agree. Toppix is still visible when hair is wet. This is another scam guys...lol

The guy recorded a video doing a session with the dermastamp, its in this very same thread.

You try that while wearing toppik fibers and the infection its going to eat you alive.

Specially in his case, wounding with a electric dermapen which can go more than 2 mm deep.

Stop playing detective, mate.

Last edited: