Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling is very legit. I did not believe it at first because i didn't understand it. I bought a dermaroller and that worked good. Then I got a derminator. Holy f***. It works amazing and I still don't quite understand how. It definitely works though and should be in everyone's regimen.

How do you do it? How many times a week? What's the length of the needles your using? What happens if you have long hair? Can derminator pull out your hair?

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is way more intensive wounding that most people do. Maybe this is what’s required for decent results.
I’ll be going from 1.5mm to 1.7mm on my dermpen and going over my scap more times.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling is very legit. I did not believe it at first because i didn't understand it. I bought a dermaroller and that worked good. Then I got a derminator. Holy f***. It works amazing and I still don't quite understand how. It definitely works though and should be in everyone's regimen.
How long have you been doing it? Are you using minoxidil with it as well?

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used a dermapen in conjunction with minoxidil and finasteride for about 3 months from Feb-April and got some pretty solid results. Unfortunately shortly after, finasteride stopped working and my results deteriorated and I stopped using the dermapen. Now that I've stabilized on RU and using zinc thymulin I'm gonna start up with the pen again. Doing 2 mm like the video and man is it painful. Idk how that dude is going over his head so many times with it

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Did you buy the original or the newer version? How's the quality? How often to you replace the needles?

Murphyjenkins

My Regimen
Reaction score
This regrowth is definitely possible and has happened to other people . Remember that 2young guy who butchered his scalp ? He got sick regrowth together with 4-5 other guys that I know off who provided b/a photos.

I have been dermarolling on and off since March 2016. With very good results but regrowth is slow and steady. After the initial thickening in the first couple of weeks it took me almost a year to really see new hairs and now I can leave home without toppik again.

I think the reason why dermarolling didn't gave satisfactional results to most people is because they can't handle the pain or doing it wrong.
And it does hurt like a b**ch and I can only handle the pain after a few good sips of liquor while listening to music and the thought in mind of getting thicker hair.

My dermarolling regiment came with trail and error, what works best for me is :

- always use sharp dermarollers , I do 2 sessions with 1 roller max.
- relax your scalp , a tightened scalp is harder to penetrate with the roller . So wounding is less effective
- also roll the sides and back and all the way until your forehead.
- i roll very hard ( sometimes the barrel with the needles gets loose from the handle , thats how hard i press ) and draw some blood, nothing serious. It stops after a few minutes.
- do not over do it .When i started dermarolling and later picked it up again after a few months break, i started with 8 weekly sessions untill most of the fibrosis disappeared. Then i took a 4 week break and did 6 bi-weekly sessions and now i dermaroll once every 3-4 weeks.

It works great, scalp feels great and fibrosis free and skin is no longer itchy, irritated or oily. I remember before dermarolling my scalp felt very numb to the touch like when i combed my hair . Now it feels alive and healthy.

Unfortunately i dont have photo's nor am i willing to put them online to back my story up. But i have no reason to lie and just wanted to let eveyone know that wounding is a very good treatment if done right

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This regrowth is definitely possible and has happened to other people . Remember that 2young guy who butchered his scalp ? He got sick regrowth together with 4-5 other guys that I know off who provided b/a photos.

I have been dermarolling on and off since March 2016. With very good results but regrowth is slow and steady. After the initial thickening in the first couple of weeks it took me almost a year to really see new hairs and now I can leave home without toppik again.

I think the reason why dermarolling didn't gave satisfactional results to most people is because they can't handle the pain or doing it wrong.
And it does hurt like a b**ch and I can only handle the pain after a few good sips of liquor while listening to music and the thought in mind of getting thicker hair.

My dermarolling regiment came with trail and error, what works best for me is :

- always use sharp dermarollers , I do 2 sessions with 1 roller max.
- relax your scalp , a tightened scalp is harder to penetrate with the roller . So wounding is less effective
- also roll the sides and back and all the way until your forehead.
- i roll very hard ( sometimes the barrel with the needles gets loose from the handle , thats how hard i press ) and draw some blood, nothing serious. It stops after a few minutes.
- do not over do it .When i started dermarolling and later picked it up again after a few months break, i started with 8 weekly sessions untill most of the fibrosis disappeared. Then i took a 4 week break and did 6 bi-weekly sessions and now i dermaroll once every 3-4 weeks.

It works great, scalp feels great and fibrosis free and skin is no longer itchy, irritated or oily. I remember before dermarolling my scalp felt very numb to the touch like when i combed my hair . Now it feels alive and healthy.

Unfortunately i dont have photo's nor am i willing to put them online to back my story up. But i have no reason to lie and just wanted to let eveyone know that wounding is a very good treatment if done right
Thanks for sharing your experience man! Glad you saw results. Maybe you should consider getting a pen and see if you get even better regrowth. Do you happen to have links to the other before and after photos you mentioned? I'd love to see more results, there's not a ton of reliable photos out there.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just purchased a wireless Dr pen from ebay, it was a good price. Only available in pink though.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used a dermapen in conjunction with minoxidil and finasteride for about 3 months from Feb-April and got some pretty solid results. Unfortunately shortly after, finasteride stopped working and my results deteriorated and I stopped using the dermapen. Now that I've stabilized on RU and using zinc thymulin I'm gonna start up with the pen again. Doing 2 mm like the video and man is it painful. Idk how that dude is going over his head so many times with it

How can you say finasteride stopped work for you at some time shortly after 3 months??

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you say finasteride stopped work for you at some time shortly after 3 months??

Sorry I wrote this a bit weird. I started using finasteride last year in April 2017. It worked well, completely stopped my hair loss and thickened my hair up a bit. Unfortunately I got all the side effects(low libido, weak erections, etc). Still kept using it despite these effects. In Feb of this year I added minoxidil and dermarolling to my routine and got a ton of regrowth from Feb-May. End of May I took a 3 week break off finasteride. Sides went away but shedding started. After 3 weeks I freaked and started finasteride back and it literally did nothing. No effects on my libido and no effects on my hair. Went through a massive shed for 2 months. I kept taking finasteride hoping it would do something, but I kept shedding massive amounts. Every time I would apply minoxidil, my hand would be covered in hairs. Shed went from June-August. In August I got RU and started mixing into minoxidil and my shedding completely stopped just like how it was on finasteride. I have since stopped finasteride and now been using RU mixed into minoxidil and zinc thymulin(for the past 3 weeks) and my shedding is almost nothing

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I wrote this a bit weird. I started using finasteride last year in April 2017. It worked well, completely stopped my hair loss and thickened my hair up a bit. Unfortunately I got all the side effects(low libido, weak erections, etc). Still kept using it despite these effects. In Feb of this year I added minoxidil and dermarolling to my routine and got a ton of regrowth from Feb-May. End of May I took a 3 week break off finasteride. Sides went away but shedding started. After 3 weeks I freaked and started finasteride back and it literally did nothing. No effects on my libido and no effects on my hair. Went through a massive shed for 2 months. I kept taking finasteride hoping it would do something, but I kept shedding massive amounts. Every time I would apply minoxidil, my hand would be covered in hairs. Shed went from June-August. In August I got RU and started mixing into minoxidil and my shedding completely stopped just like how it was on finasteride. I have since stopped finasteride and now been using RU mixed into minoxidil and zinc thymulin(for the past 3 weeks) and my shedding is almost nothing

Part of this is also difficult because any effects from minoxidil wouldn't be expected from Feb-May if you started in May, and would really be expected closer to August, if not June or so. What're you doing for minoxidil application and derma rolling frequency? I'm gonna give minoxidil and derma rolling a solid go over the winter. If nothing comes of it, I'm shaving. Not gonna keep dealing with all of this.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Part of this is also difficult because any effects from minoxidil wouldn't be expected from Feb-May if you started in May, and would really be expected closer to August, if not June or so. What're you doing for minoxidil application and derma rolling frequency? I'm gonna give minoxidil and derma rolling a solid go over the winter. If nothing comes of it, I'm shaving. Not gonna keep dealing with all of this.

Idk I started in end of January with the minoxidil and dermarolling. minoxidil once per day at night and dermarolling once per week with 1.5mm dermapen. I went through a big shed the first 2 weeks. Didn't see decent regrowth until end of April and they only got better in my May pictures. I basically gave up dermarolling once finasteride stopped working but I'm restarting again after seeing these results with 2 mm once per week

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus. Do you think the 12 pin needle head is important? I see others with a lot more needles.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ignore the haters. They have been tricked and lied to so many times that when they see something that finally works they can't believe it.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw you said you bought needles for pennies? The cheapest I see are needle heads for $1 at wish.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results. How do you guys feel about dermarolling without minoxidil? There’s a user here that has been having great results with that regimen. I’m worried about the minoxidil shed since I’ve already been shedding like crazy the past few months...

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you look at my reddit posts, I've got a lot of photos. I reckon my hair loss gets worse March - April then results are amazing. I wish I'd tried without minoxidil but I'm too scared to stop now.
So you believe dermarolling on it’s on can be produce some results? Also can you confirm your results are completely legit? Some people here were thinking you’re a shill and it is a bit fishy that you were endorsing certain products.