Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course - I'll do them in exactly the same way I did my progress photos and keep you all updated. My dad's had hair loss so long that any results are a bonus so I thought he'd be a good candidate to try without minoxidil.
Just to confirm, you didn’t have any regrowth with minoxidil yourself before you started to use a dermapen?

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
That's a shame. I was a non responder so gave up minoxidil for 2 or 3 years before discovering dermarolling

What was your regime?
minoxidil (foam, 5%) for nearly two years, including when I did the dermarolling. Gave up on the minoxidil, still using finasteride. Would definitely be willing to try dermarolling/needling again in the future, I think there was something not quite right with my technique, and perhaps I should’ve carried on to the six month mark and beyond.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To apply minoxidil? Hardly any. I use the dripper to put lots of drops over me head then use a head massager to rub it all over.
No, when using the dermapen. Are you just letting it graze over the skin, or are you actually applying firm pressure?

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
@74775446 thanks for the clarification. Had a look at your Reddit feed, and those are amazing results you’ve experienced – I’ve been reading hair loss forums for 7 years, and you’ve had among some of the best regrowth I’ve ever seen.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a roller.. I checked the metal points and some of them are bent out of shape. Can’t be good. Looking forward to the Ultima

Definitely need to replace that.

Btw, I read that rolling isn't supposed to be good if you are planning to get a hair transplant (it can mess it up cause of the damage to the skin or something). For me, maybe I will get one sometime in future if I have to, so it sounds a bit scary to be honest. Any truth to this ya think?

Last edited:

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Out all the companies trying to find a solution, this is the best results I've ever seen. Crazy. You should take it to a hair loss researcher.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
None whatsoever. Read my Reddit post. I really do not want to come across as rude because the whole point is to help, but I am repeating myself a lot. Do you think I should start my own thread on here, so all the info is on the first post?

My hair was thinning at 25 so I used minoxidil. Nothing changed and my hairloss continued but it wasn't too rapid. I gave up minoxidil at 27 or 28. My hair loss continued but did NOT accelerate when I stopped using minoxidil.

I got very paranoid about my hairloss around June 2016, maybe one year after stopping minoxidil. I used Toppik until March 2018, when I started using the dermaroller. I upgraded to a dermapen after about 3 weeks.

Since my first ever dermaroller session in March 2018 (7 months ago), I have used NOTHING but my dermaroller, dermapen, nizoral and minoxidil. I have not used Toppik or any concealer since microneedling.

My dates might not be 100% accurate but they can't be far off.
Congrats on your success. Very encouraging. I think it would be very helpful if you could create a thread documenting your progress. Thanks.

baldco

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, Cotsarelis recently filed a patent application for Derma + FGF9 as a treatment for hair growth. Wasn't there some korean company selling fgf9 vials? I wonder what the the results look like with derm + minoxidil + fgf9

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe I should invest in one of those scalp massagers if it's good for blood circulation. mean they're not that expensive.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, Cotsarelis recently filed a patent application for Derma + FGF9 as a treatment for hair growth. Wasn't there some korean company selling fgf9 vials? I wonder what the the results look like with derm + minoxidil + fgf9

Oh god, they've only now filed a patent for the product? Does that mean Follica is gonna be delayed by another 5-10 years for safety and efficacy trials? How these people get funding I do not know.

RatherLurk

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently got a dermapen from ebay for € 40,-. The blue variant of dr.pen. I noticed that my scalp is way less itchy and flaky, which has been an issue for me for years. Normally when I skip washing my hair for a single day, the next day my scalp starts to itch and flake like crazy. Using the dermapen this is no longer an issue it seems. I am currently on 1 mm once a week, will increase to 1.25 soon.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For dermapen users, do they work better with longer thicker hair than a dermaroller does? I've just started on the roller and it's hard to get it over the head without it tangling in the hair.

PrinceWilliamThe2nd

My Regimen
Reaction score
That sounds like it will be an expensive version of what I do, with unrelated claims to make it sound better.

Hehe, George Cotsarelis is actually a big name in the field of hair follicle research. The science behind what you are doing is e.g. further explained in one of his talks and a highly cited paper from his group.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hehe, George Cotsarelis is actually a big name in the field of hair follicle research. The science behind what you are doing is e.g. further explained in one of his talks and a highly cited paper from his group.

Exactly, people started dermarolling + minoxidil because of the indian study which is based on Follica´s (mostly Cots) research.

Last edited: