Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Ezekiel2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
Butter and (red) meat are one of the most inflammatory foods one can eat...

The only reason why a carnivore diet might give some short term health benefits is because it mimics the effects of fasting IMO... It is very likely that this diet will just be a temporary hype. Not trying to tell you what to do but be aware of the long term health consequences...

It cured my psoriasis and crohn, so I will not stop. Long term will tell

Ezekiel2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are amazing results!

Holy fck. One of the best if not the best I've seen here.

Btw, did or do you experience any side effects on zix?

Thank you man

No sides at all from zix, it's basic Zix, zinc+b6+distilled water but without alcool, which is useless since I dermastamp all days

hgk23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am new, three questions:
1. Dermarolling 1.5 mm once a week, day off and rest days minoxidil, good regimen?
2. 2 times to the right, 2 times to the left, 2 times up, 2 times down and 2 times diagonally?
3.192 needles or 540?

Last edited:

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you man

No sides at all from zix, it's basic Zix, zinc+b6+distilled water but without alcool, which is useless since I dermastamp all days

So zix is is topical not oral, someone talked about it in a thread he he mentioned zinc sulphate I don't know what is the difference.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you man

Zinc must be helpful, zinc pyrithione shampoo works with dermatitis etc. Small doses of zinc increases testosterone but a surplus has the opposite effect.. reduces DHT!

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, i was balding since 2017 in a very aggressive diffuse pattern. I am 21 years old

Tried minoxidil during 2 weeks but stopped because of horrible sides (cardiovascular and low bp). Tried finasteride after that, failed too because of sexual sides effects.

Chose to try Zix as a replacement of Finasteride and dermastamp as a replacement of Minoxidil. Shedding is almost zero today. Regrew lot of hair

I began zix and needling in November 2017. I apply Zix 2 times a day on average. I dermaroller weekly with 2mm and almost daily with 1mm

November 2017: 1cm

View attachment 130633

January 2018: 1cm

View attachment 130634

May 2018: 1cm

View attachment 130635

October 2018: 1.5 cm

View attachment 130637

Today : 4-5cm

View attachment 130639

Sorry for the bad quality but it's all I have.

Amazing results! Congrats!

And it’s great how you took progress photos along the way.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess at 21 Years old, you could be the less than 2-5% users at the top responder. It could entirely be DermaRolling as well. 2mm does seems a Very painful procedure.

I myself am 40 years old and been balding for 20 + years. Was Norwood 4 two years ago. Dermarolling and Using Minoxidilmax Dual finasteride+Min 15% no PG for last 6 months,
Have thicken massively in the middle and near the front.
However my frontal Bald spot still there.View attachment 130643

Would be great to see a “before” photo but good that you’re seeing results.
Yeah, hair that has been miniaturized for years will take much longer to regain than those shrunk more recently. Keep going!

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results! Can you remind me are you on finasteride at all or just Min and wounding?

If so were you on min previously with any results or is this the first time you have tried min?

Thanks man!
Just Min and wounding and Nizoral shampoo about 2-3x a week.
I tried finasteride about 15 years ago will no major results then stopped after 5 years as I continued to loose hair. I also used minoxidil 2% then 5% also years ago with barely much of any results then stopped a few years ago...but when I began wounding then added minoxidil 5% a month after then 3 months+ later is when I got very good visible results.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
also @GrowPro can you tell us your protocol with wounding - frequency and do you go hard or light and whats your depth?

thanks for the pics btw a great example of how to use correct lighting

Thanks! I try to take progress photos in similar conditions/lighting etc.

As for my routine, I microneedle with 2mm firmly once every 7-9 days I wait an hour or two then apply minoxidil foam, then about every 3rd night I’ll microneedle at 1mm gently and also apply minoxidil foam an hour after, but I apply minoxidil every night, and only once per day.

Last edited:

hgk23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am new, three questions:
1. Dermarolling 1.5 mm once a week, day off and rest days minoxidil, good regimen?
2. 2 times to the right, 2 times to the left, 2 times up, 2 times down and 2 times diagonally?
3.192 needles or 540?

Someone will answer me, I care a lot.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone will answer me, I care a lot.

Try it, but I think you have to do more than just 2times in all those directions you mentioned to actually get visible results, around 5x each or more is what I’ve read others do...but it depends on how big or small an area you are derma rolling.

The size of the dermaroller needle amount depends on how much hair you have already, the less hair the better the choice of 540 roller, the more hair the less needles so as not to cut or pull your native hair...but that’s just my view.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For everyone interested, check out the zix thread in the alternative section.

I'm on also on zix for one month now (too early to tell anything though) but combining this with needling looks like a good combo.
What is zix exactly? Would it be considered an anti androgen?

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Butter and (red) meat are one of the most inflammatory foods one can eat...

The only reason why a carnivore diet might give some short term health benefits is because it mimics the effects of fasting IMO... It is very likely that this diet will just be a temporary hype. Not trying to tell you what to do but be aware of the long term health consequences..

And vegans will save the world, right?

For some people, the carnivore diet might be optimal. No one knows, stop acting you do.

INT

Reaction score
And vegans will save the world, right?

For some people, the carnivore diet might be optimal. No one knows, stop acting you do.

I am not vegan and what the hell does 'vegans will save the world' have to do with this topic (=nutrition)?
Nice strawman...

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, a high zinc dose is anti androgenic. This combined with B6 makes it an even more potent AA.

But it's not completely the same, it blocks a different type than fina if I recall correctly.

Edit: One study showed this about zinc;

https://www.jidonline.org/article/S0022-202X(15)42127-X/pdf

"It was somewhat surprising that type II 5a-reductase, which contains a triplet stretch of histidine residues at amino acid positions 229 to 231, and thus is more likely to bind zinc and its analogues than is type I, was not inhibited by ZnCl2 or CdCI2. "

"The results showed that type I 5a-reductase was strongly inhibited by Cd, Cu, and Zn and moderately inhibited by Ni and Fe, with 50% inhibitory concentration values of 0.9, 1.9, 2.0, 169.2, and 174.3 ILM, respectively. In contrast, type II 5a-reductase activity was inhibited only by Cu, with a 50% inhibitory concentration value of 19.2 ILM."

So zinc is good against type 1 but not 2, so many people believed it wouldn't work for hairloss but a new study showed that type 1 does indeed play a role in hairloss, hence why we also see people who had good results from zix. This is the new study: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-type-1-plays-a-role-in-hair-loss-too.124880/

And of course the symbiotic effects of zinc and B6 could effect type 1 and 2, maybe somebody finds some more studies supporting this.
Thanks for the response. I’ve been looking to try something along with microneedling, but don’t want to use an AA. Are there any other options? PGE2 maybe?

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, a high zinc dose is anti androgenic. This combined with B6 makes it an even more potent AA.

But it's not completely the same, it blocks a different type than fina if I recall correctly.

Edit: One study showed this about zinc;

https://www.jidonline.org/article/S0022-202X(15)42127-X/pdf

"It was somewhat surprising that type II 5a-reductase, which contains a triplet stretch of histidine residues at amino acid positions 229 to 231, and thus is more likely to bind zinc and its analogues than is type I, was not inhibited by ZnCl2 or CdCI2. "

"The results showed that type I 5a-reductase was strongly inhibited by Cd, Cu, and Zn and moderately inhibited by Ni and Fe, with 50% inhibitory concentration values of 0.9, 1.9, 2.0, 169.2, and 174.3 ILM, respectively. In contrast, type II 5a-reductase activity was inhibited only by Cu, with a 50% inhibitory concentration value of 19.2 ILM."

So zinc is good against type 1 but not 2, so many people believed it wouldn't work for hairloss but a new study showed that type 1 does indeed play a role in hairloss, hence why we also see people who had good results from zix. This is the new study: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-type-1-plays-a-role-in-hair-loss-too.124880/

And of course the symbiotic effects of zinc and B6 could effect type 1 and 2, maybe somebody finds some more studies supporting this.
thx i will add zix to my regimen, maybe i will get 80-90% recovery, now i have 65-70% ;)