Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Riq636

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those of you who have had success with a Dermaroller (not the pen) what needle count did you use 192 or 540? I watched a video that said 540 needles does not penetrate the skin. Also has anyone experienced a shed. I’ve been dermarolling once weekly for 5 weeks with a 540 1.5mm roller and my shed has been insane. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just look for a wireless Dermapen or the like on Amazon...one with 12 pin needles and adjustable depth.
Are u sure 12 pin i just used 9 pin first time not sure whats the difference in effect ?

I know with the roller u dont want too many like 540 needles ad their is too much friction to push into the skin hence i think most are 320 for hair loss. I.e less maybe better to go deeper also so needles dont stick in with too much friction . I got the dr pen a6 cordless seems to be good. Dunno why u would need to pay double that for derminator which is noisier and has a cord

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't have to be 12 pin at all.....just think, the more needles, the bigger area you cover as you go along....im no expert, so dont know what the optimum is.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did my first session with the Dr. Pen electric needler last night. Took about 10 minutes. A few hours afterwards, I could feel my pulse in my scalp like the throbbing sensation you get after a cut or something. Very strange but I think that's the goal. Didn't really have much blood, just a few spots here and there.

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not directly related but for about 2 years ago I tried PRP and actually hade some regrowth. Reading this forum I think there might be a chance that the results where from the “wounding” created by the needle. Is there any difference between a dermapen and a dermastamp besides the mechanics?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not directly related but for about 2 years ago I tried PRP and actually hade some regrowth. Reading this forum I think there might be a chance that the results where from the “wounding” created by the needle. Is there any difference between a dermapen and a dermastamp besides the mechanics?
There’s not much difference, except the pen creates more precise wounds and in my experience also makes it easier to cover the whole scalp without forgetting any spots. I think it’s much more efficient in my opinion

Javell

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a few questions:
1. Do you need to disinfect the needles with medical alcohol before each use to avoid blood infection?
2. Do you need to put some medical alcohol on your scalp after the wounding is finished?
3. Do you need to replace needles or cartridges?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a few questions:
1. Do you need to disinfect the needles with medical alcohol before each use to avoid blood infection?
2. Do you need to put some medical alcohol on your scalp after the wounding is finished?
3. Do you need to replace needles or cartridges?

1. Yes, and your skin/scalp. Spray it also into your hair to desinfect that. Desinfect also your hands.
2. Hell no, alc is going systematic and in that case it is a wnt killer. The exact opposite you want.
3. Depen on the quality of the needles. I asked swiss and he said he uses derminator catridges after about 10 uses.
Obv changing them every use would be most ideal.

Javell

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Yes, and your skin/scalp. Spray it also into your hair to desinfect that. Desinfect also your hands.
2. Hell no, alc is going systematic and in that case it is a wnt killer. The exact opposite you want.
3. Depen on the quality of the needles. I asked swiss and he said he uses derminator catridges after about 10 uses.
Obv changing them every use would be most ideal.
So how do you disinfect your scalp before and after wounding? What type of liquid you should use for scalp and needle disinfection?

I read that you have to disinfect the entire dermapen after you finish a session. How is it done?
Also what speed you should use when a dermapen has speed option?

Last edited:

Javell

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will this be okay:
Isoprophil alocohol 99% to clean the pen and cartrige needles (diping it / them in a cup).
Betadine to sanitize scalp after rolling or do you need to do it before.
Wearing one glove like shown in the video.

I'm deadly scared of blood infection.

To cut the long story short: Can someone tell me how someone sanitizes their scalp, needles before and during the process?

Last edited:

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will this be okay:
Isoprophil alocohol 99% to clean the pen and cartrige needles (diping it / them in a cup).
Betadine to sanitize scalp after rolling or do you need to do it before.
Wearing one glove like shown in the video.

I'm deadly scared of blood infection.

To cut the long story short: Can someone tell me how someone sanitizes their scalp, needles before and during the process?

I use a 2 mm dermaroller and no betadine at all, never had any issue.

Apply minoxidil right after though. That really helps with sanitizing the scalp.

Put the tool in ethanol 90% for a few minutes before and after use.

Betadine was applied before rolling in the indian study.

Last edited:

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get it. How can/should you not clean youer scalp afterwards with some type of alcohol? Especially
for getting rid of the blood. Can't be good leaving it on there?

Would chlorhexidine work

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get it. How can/should you not clean youer scalp afterwards with some type of alcohol? Especially
for getting rid of the blood. Can't be good leaving it on there?

Would chlorhexidine work

I use minoxidil right after, vehicle is 60% ethanol.

Last edited:

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use minoxidil right after, vehicle is 60% ethanol.
As per the study, you should wait 24hrs before applying minoxidil. With the direct exposure to open wounds, you do run the chance of systemic effects from minoxidil if you don’t wait 24. Maybe it will have no effect on you, maybe it will.

You don’t need to clean scalp after. The blood spotting should be minimal. Literally will wipe off, or wash off next morning in shower

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those of you who have had success with a Dermaroller (not the pen) what needle count did you use 192 or 540? I watched a video that said 540 needles does not penetrate the skin. Also has anyone experienced a shed. I’ve been dermarolling once weekly for 5 weeks with a 540 1.5mm roller and my shed has been insane. Thanks in advance.

You ought to use a 192 not a 540. Have you used anything else in and around the time you've been dermarolling? I'm unsure if anyone has shed hair due to rolling.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As per the study, you should wait 24hrs before applying minoxidil. With the direct exposure to open wounds, you do run the chance of systemic effects from minoxidil if you don’t wait 24. Maybe it will have no effect on you, maybe it will.

You don’t need to clean scalp after. The blood spotting should be minimal. Literally will wipe off, or wash off next morning in shower

Well... me, somebody, prettyfly, etc all apply minoxidil right after without problem.

But we do not wound hard, stop after the first drops of blood appear. Somebody rolls for absorption only, almost without wounding.

If you are going to wound like in the indian study then yeah, maybe you should wait 24 hs.

Will recheck the protocol of the chinese study from october 2017. They used a device similar to a dermapen up to 2 mm twice monthly and i think they applied minoxidil right after the sessions.

Last edited:

Javell

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you saying that we don't need to disinfect the scalp after the wounding? But what about before, should we take extra measures to sanitize the scalp?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you saying that we don't need to disinfect the scalp after the wounding? But what about before, should we take extra measures to sanitize the scalp?
Just shower and wash your hair, then dermaroll directly after while your hair is still damp. Scalp is clean and its easier to dermaroll on wet hair anyway, less likely to pull some out. Obviously soak the needles in alcohol before rolling. And you're good to go

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score

Of course. When you go to the ER with a wound, they debride and disinfect the area usually with Betadine before suturing you up. At least shampoo your hair and wipe off area with isopropyl alcohol in a circular pattern going from center out to circumference of the circle. Then, punch away. Nothing after unless you have some bleeding then give it a wipe with clean alcohol gauze.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't be good if you don't clean it afterwards then go sleep on a dirty pillow afterwards ( i bet most do)