Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy f*****g sh*t are you people idiots.

Yet here you are (without your hair). So who’s the bigger idiot?

The people here trying things out or people like you who spend the same amount of time here telling people that it won’t work because your 3 or 4 or 8 month manual stamping failed?

Booooooooooooo

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
he's going to go crawl back to that impactofhairloss forum and cry to that mentally ill fred guy who has gotten three transplants and still looks like he has pubes on his head. you guys are too far gone. There is no hope left in them.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
he's going to go crawl back to that impactofhairloss forum and cry to that mentally ill fred guy who has gotten three transplants and still looks like he has pubes on his head. you guys are too far gone. There is no hope left in them.

Maybe thatguy can donate some pubes to fred.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking that studies and people here usually use 1.5 mm (few use 2mm) and many people claim they have no blood spots or just a little bit (studies generally show there was no blood). However, when I use 1.5 mm with derminator I got quite a bit of blood. So now I am not sure what to do about it - reducing depth or just continue? I am mainly concerned because it takes from a Friday to a Tuesday to get a normal looking scalp, but at the same time going to less than 1.5 mm would be going against what everyone is doing and what probably works. Anyway, will probably continue with 1.5 mm but just wanted to ask you guys what you think causes the difference between individuals and blood - perhaps just scalp skin thickness?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking that studies and people here usually use 1.5 mm (few use 2mm) and many people claim they have no blood spots or just a little bit (studies generally show there was no blood). However, when I use 1.5 mm with derminator I got quite a bit of blood. So now I am not sure what to do about it - reducing depth or just continue? I am mainly concerned because it takes from a Friday to a Tuesday to get a normal looking scalp, but at the same time going to less than 1.5 mm would be going against what everyone is doing and what probably works. Anyway, will probably continue with 1.5 mm but just wanted to ask you guys what you think causes the difference between individuals and blood - perhaps just scalp skin thickness?

Both seem to give results. I would try to go for redness though, some smaller bloodspots are fine, but I don't think you should bleed a lot.

Not sure, but maybe try slow down the speed of the device a little if it has to do with that? And try not to press hard on the scalp, if you are. Spend less time needling too maybe, try to get the job done quicker. Don't go over the same areas too many times.

Derminator

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't understand why everyone is so focused on a fixed number, be it 1.5, 1.75 or 2mm thickness. Isn't it FAR more likely that every person has a unique "perfect" depth for rolling, rather than there being an overall fixed number?

I'm not claiming I know better because I obviously don't, but just seems like a really weird thing to focus on. Then again I understand everyone wants to perfectly replicate that what has been "proven" to work.

I mean just the fact alone that some people have to bite a towel while others say it's actually soothing should be a huge indicator that everyone is fairly different?

This is kind of scary to me that you'd still be willing to keep going at 1.5mm if people told you to, despite seeing vastly different results in terms of wounding. Wouldn't it be better to try at 1mm and see what happens, maybe slowly increase back to 1.5 over time?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys please accept when there are people out ther who don't get results from microneedling. we have to face the reality and at the and maybe 30A% of the people get results or even less. we have ro accept that. dermarollinf is not the cure...

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, yes. Dermaneedling is pretty much just for your face. We use it to wound our scalps too because it's a convenient wounding method to trigger WIFN. You could clean the needles with ethanol alcohol I suppose, although the instruction manual cautions against it. Yes, I've seen improvements but from dermarolling... since I only got the Derminator recently but have been dermarolling for close to a month. Also, I have never bled. My head gets really red, but I've never actually bled.. just tiny drops here and there but never full on bleeding.

How do we know the non-angled, precise nature of the wounds inflicted by a dermapen are effective for hairloss compared to the wounding at an angle inflitected by the typical dermaroller? has anyone seen regrowth with a dermapen to confirm?

Also, "drops" is still blood. How do you clean your head then? I still have enough hair to not see if there are remainders of blood in my scalp, it doesn't feel too higienic knowing there may be unwashed blood drops in your head.

What specific type of alcohol to clean the needles and how often should you buy new ones? how expensive are the derminator replacement needles? hopefully they last because the thing is quite expensive.

Finally, what mm of needles and how often?

The best results i've seen is with 1,5mm almost daily or daily I think, by the user @Somebody which I consider insanity since 1,5mm is too much for daily usage, but he says he doesn't go all in, so wouldn't it be better to use a shorter needle? why risk it.

The thing with dermarolling or dermapening that makes me paranoid is increased inflamation. Our scalps are inflammed by default due androgenetic alopecia, so we definitely do no want increased inflamed scalp, this worries me, however there's also benefits, so I don't know what to do about it. I have the typical male pattern baldness itch and I don't want to make it worse. I may need to hop on dutasteride to try nuke my DHT and see if the itch goes away, this sucks. I guess I will be using a lot of v**** soon.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do we know the non-angled, precise nature of the wounds inflicted by a dermapen are effective for hairloss compared to the wounding at an angle inflitected by the typical dermaroller? has anyone seen regrowth with a dermapen to confirm?

Also, "drops" is still blood. How do you clean your head then? I still have enough hair to not see if there are remainders of blood in my scalp, it doesn't feel too higienic knowing there may be unwashed blood drops in your head.

What specific type of alcohol to clean the needles and how often should you buy new ones? how expensive are the derminator replacement needles? hopefully they last because the thing is quite expensive.

The best results i've seen is with 1,5mm almost daily or daily I think, by the user @Somebody which I consider insanity since 1,5mm is too much for daily usage, but he says he doesn't go all in, so wouldn't it be better to use a shorter needle? why risk it.

The thing with dermarolling or dermapening that makes me paranoid is increased inflamation. Our scalps are inflammed by default due androgenetic alopecia, so we definitely do no want increased inflamed scalp, this worries me, however there's also benefits, so I don't know what to do about it. I have the typical male pattern baldness itch and I don't want to make it worse. I may need to hop on dutasteride to try nuke my DHT and see if the itch goes away, this sucks. I guess I will be using a lot of v**** soon.

There’s no risk providing you use common sense.

In terms of the blood. You want a little blood. It won’t kill you. It’s no different than getting a graze. You ever have a graze? Get dirt in there?

Did your kneecap fall off when you were a kid? Did your body break down like a leper’s?

No it did not.

Go with the detminator or the pen. It probably doesn’t matter and we don’t know so don’t loose too much sleep over it.

My recommendation... 1.5mm minimum. Otherwise don’t post here in 6 months saying it didn’t work. There’s a benchmark.

And you know how the saying goes... no infinatepain no gain. Couldn’t resist.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys please accept when there are people out ther who don't get results from microneedling. we have to face the reality and at the and maybe 30A% of the people get results or even less. we have ro accept that. dermarollinf is not the cure...

Yoooooou! Your mum is my cure.

Obviously you’re in the wrong place. This is where people who have the balls to trial needling discuss needling.

You’re meant to be in the little balding b****s forum with ThatGuy/Girl.

You’re in the wrong place. Bye for now.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The whole thread your in is about a demapen fullhead that and the china study are all proof i need see that the pen is mightier than the roller.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Well, the WIHN is signaled by the wounding itself, I don't think it quite matters whether the wounds are non-angled or angled. The guy whose results prompted the creation of this thread has been using a dermapen and we've seen his photo album extensively featured. You can clean your head by showering after, if you bleed profusely, although turning your scalp into a field of slaughter is probably not the best idea (i.e., find a comfortable depth between 1mm and 1.5mm, anything above these will most definitely result in extreme bleeding). Personally, I clean my head by just rinsing my scalp under warm water. Tap/shower water doesn't contain any harmful pathogens, it is chlorinated (unless you are in an area where you cannot drink municipal water due to some type of contamination or concern). You could also dab your scalp with Betadine, although many view this as excessive. You shouldn't even be heavily bleeding in the first place.

To clean the Derminator2 needles, the recommended method of sterilization is by Chloramine-T solution, which they sell and is quite inexpensive. Needle cartridges can be reused for about two-three months or longer I'd say as long as you sterilize them appropriately after every use. The needle cartridges are pretty cheap.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Based on what? The indian study had a 100 percent response rate for the needling+minoxidil group. Not all regrew a lustrous head of hair in the study's timeframe, but any response is success.

This is the evidence we've got so far.

INT

Reaction score
Based on what? The indian study had a 100 percent response rate for the needling+minoxidil group. Not all regrew a lustrous head of hair in the study's timeframe, but any response is success.

This is the evidence we've got so far.

There is a huge amount of studies that have shown regrowth in a clinical setting but somehow people are never able to replicate this in their home environment... You be the judge of why that is the case.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well after that bloodshed it's official, this is the new Brotzu thread (hope the ending's better)

What you guys have to understand is there was photo evidence of an ultimate baldlord who regrew coverage all over his scalp in this thread. A true smooth-headed monk ascended to the Baldi's Basics tier come down from the mountaintop to show us the way. Nothing is impossible anymore