Very Confused On Next Step, Already Been On Finastride 1 Year And minoxidil. 3 Years / Pics Included

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any advice here would be appreciated.

34 yr old male here -

Now a year on Finastride 1MG / Minoxidil twice a day (That's almost 3 years Minoxidil, switch between solution and foam)

I'm at a point where my hair I think it's stablized my hair loss but no growth.

My main concern is my left temple area and it feels like sometimes it gets deeper and deeper. In these pics I've attached I'm placing the hair in such a way just to expose it as much as I can, otherwise in some pics it looks like my hair is ok but I know it isn't, as in I can not style my hair up as it exposes that left temple. When I go out I always have to use hair thickening powder and also hair topik to cover it. If I don't use it then for sure you can see through that left temple area.

Recently when my barber cut my hair shorter, it was not exposing it as much. I got it done today and it's still exposing that left temple which worries me.

I don't know my next move - do I do surgery? do i continue finastride seeing as it has already been a year?

Would really appreciate some help here, of course the same guy who prescribed me the finastride 1 year ago is saying he can do the hair transplant for me and it would just be for the front part. He says there is no other option I have as I'm already on Finastride and Minoxidil.

Also if I move my hair around it's almost as if I can see the pattern of a semi circle going around the front of my head with it seems to be like not growing. I can't be sure but from that point of the temple, If I push my hair forward it feels like I can see a semi circle all over the front of my head which really disturbs me to think one day in the future that whole front of my hair can just go.

Attachments

• IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0875.JPG
    IMG_0875.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 233

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m confused... so has your hair stabilized or not?

If it’s stabilized then I think your hair looks great and you shouldn’t worry about it... but if you really want then you can get a transplant

If it’s not stabilized then you have to decide if you want to just accept a slow loss or to try something like duta/ru/seti

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I would hold off on the hair transplant until it gets noticeably worse. Right not it looks fine for your age.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is an example from May 8 where I posted on this forum also -

The file titled 1 August was taken today.

I'm really worried and don't know what to do - everyone is saying something different.

Attachments

• IMG_2478.JPG
    IMG_2478.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2477.JPG
    IMG_2477.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2476.JPG
    IMG_2476.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 1august.jpeg
    1august.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 154

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m confused... so has your hair stabilized or not?

If it’s stabilized then I think your hair looks great and you shouldn’t worry about it... but if you really want then you can get a transplant

If it’s not stabilized then you have to decide if you want to just accept a slow loss or to try something like duta/ru/seti

I don't know myself. To me it looks like general stabilization but I feel like the temples have got worse. IF you see my last post above.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My questions are -

Do I go to Duta after already doing 1 year on Finastride?
Do I get a hair transplat for the frontal area?
Do I do something else?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not understand why you do not just grow the front out to give yourself a little more coverage??? Nobody would think there is balding there, except YOU who wants a 100% perfect hairline.

You can dermaroll there and apply latanoprost and Minoxidil.

Alex_325

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are keeping your hair,you are receeding to a norwood 2 or more it looks.

Go get a transplant you can easily fill that area. Choose wisely your clinic though.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are keeping your hair,you are receeding to a norwood 2 or more it looks.

Go get a transplant you can easily fill that area. Choose wisely your clinic though.

How fast do you think it will recede to Norwood 2? Does that mean the finastride and minoxidil has warn out it's effect?