Verdict On S5 Cream Or Topical spironolactone?

INT

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Unfortunately I am one of those guys that absolutely can not take finasteride due to sides (did not do much for my hair either) so I am looking for alternatives.

At this momens I use Zix sometimes once, sometimes twice per day and I dermaroll (1.5 mm) once per week but I am looking for some extra defence (only 2 weeks on current treatments so too early to judge.

I was thinking about topical spironolactone/S5 cream. I have not seen many threads about its effectiveness it and obviously even fewer success stories.

A few guys used it and got minor regrowth, a few had stabilization, a few did not see anything and some just stopped posting.

1) Anyone here that used/uses it?
2) Anyone that has read more anecdotes regarding the effectiveness of this topical>
3) Any other remarks?

Thanks guys!

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive used S5, helps with the itch. Zix is probably more effective tbh.

GlobalPropane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using topical spironolactone since September and haven't noticed anything yet, I'm still shedding :(

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
No efffect onthe hair? What makes you think zix is more effective?
I think zix is more effective because ive heard alot more positive experiences from using it compared to S5. If you were to ask me what was more powerful Spironolactone or vitamins i would obviously say the spironolactone.. but im questionion the vehicle used in the product, it doesnt seem that good at all.

INT

Reaction score
I've been using topical spironolactone since September and haven't noticed anything yet, I'm still shedding :(

Well in general that is still too early to judge the effectiveness of a treatment so maybe you still will get lucky!

Are you using anything else?

GlobalPropane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well in general that is still too early to judge the effectiveness of a treatment so maybe you still will get lucky!

Are you using anything else?
spironolactone and I've been using nizoral and zinc shampoo a few times a week for around 5 years now. I've had no luck getting a doctor to prescribe me finasteride in all that time, which is why I started spironolactone as I can get it without a prescription.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it works at all, topical spironolactone is a very weak treatment. I highly doubt it would be able to put a stop to your hair loss, let alone regrow anything. Unfortunately, if you can't take 5AR inhibitors, your options are limited. RU58841 would probably be your best bet. It is definitely a more powerful treatment than spironolactone.

spironolactone and I've been using nizoral and zinc shampoo a few times a week for around 5 years now. I've had no luck getting a doctor to prescribe me finasteride in all that time, which is why I started spironolactone as I can get it without a prescription.
Are you not able to obtain finasteride online? Its always an option to get it from places such as InhousePharmacy or AllDayChemist if you can't get it by prescription, assuming you live in a country that they will ship to.

INT

Reaction score
If it works at all, topical spironolactone is a very weak treatment. I highly doubt it would be able to put a stop to your hair loss, let alone regrow anything. Unfortunately, if you can't take 5AR inhibitors, your options are limited. RU58841 would probably be your best bet. It is definitely a more powerful treatment than spironolactone.

You know this from your own experience?

The weird thing is that I see so many people trying RU with no success OR with side effect which for me would not really makes it something that is high on my what is next list....

pollutionbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im getting mental side effects from s5 cream. Pretty much similar to propecia but a lot less intense. So i guess it is working. But im wondering what is it propecia and spironolactone has in common, how do spironolactone act differently from propecia?