Various Signs Of A Good Finasteride Responder

bigmandan69

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I've been taking Finasteride 1mg daily for around 2 and a half months now and I'm wondering if I'm showing signs of responding well to the medication. After looking in the mirror this morning, I can see that a few little visible hairs are starting to appear on my hairline and throughout my scalp where there were none before. Also, it seems like my crown has started to fill in a bit more and it doesn't look as bad as it was before I started. Are these signs that the drug is working or am I being delusional and probably just thinking it's working since it's way to early to see results (everyone saying to give the pill 6 months to a year).

If this helps, I'm 19 years old and I would classify as a diffuse thinner. My entire scalp and crown is extremely thin to the point where you can see my scalp. My hairline hasn't receded much though. I started noticing my hairloss around 1 - 2 years ago so I would say I caught it relatively early.

Thanks guys. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
The sign to look for: more hair on your head, or at the very least a cessation of loss

2.5 months is nothing. I saw nothing until about 7 months on the drug. Be patient and wait for some hair cycles to turn over before expecting anything of significance

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Early signs are: decrease in hair loss, less itchiness on your scalp, hair at the bulb is thicker than before, hair looking fuller, etc.
By month 6 you should know if you are a good responder. In my case i was a very bad responder :( i hope you get a better result, diffuse thinning would suck!

g.i joey

Reaction score
Generally early responders tend to reap the most benefits... in my brothers case he saw a noticeable change going on in his hair at month 3 (nw2-2,5 with severe thinning forelock and crown) 8 years later he's a thick nw2. Other than that, there really are no "signs" to look outnfor

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It took me almost 9 months to see/feel real progress. Especially in areas i don't use minoxidil.

Reactions: KSA

bigmandan69

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright glad to hear I hopped on finasteride early. Maybe because I still have hair all over my scalp (even though it's extremely thin) the chances of regrowth/thickening are really high. Thanks a lot guys that gives me a lot of hope for the future.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Generally early responders tend to reap the most benefits... in my brothers case he saw a noticeable change going on in his hair at month 3 (nw2-2,5 with severe thinning forelock and crown) 8 years later he's a thick nw2. Other than that, there really are no "signs" to look outnfor

Wow that's awesome to hear that finasteride has been working so well for him for 8 years.