Valporic Acid, top journal study (feb 18, 2014)

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
People on some Greek forum tried VPA back in 2012, I don't think they got any results.

pablo

Reaction score
They use a Spray with VPA al 8,3% And The results they get are no better than using minoxidil

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Full text has been provided to waynakyo, who will post a link to it in this thread.

K

karankaran

If we pair this with something that reduces DKK1 expression, i have a feeling that it might work better?!!!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Forgive me for jumping in here late in the thread. Can I please get a spell check? It is valproic acid that you are discussing? Thanks for the clarification anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I rescinded and read the link in lead thread. The spelling confused me.
Forgive me for jumping in here late in the thread. Can I please get a spell check? It is valproic acid that you are discussing? Thanks for the clarification anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

I realize it's only an abstract and yes this little study shows promise for a new treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia, but as for their tactless explanation for the individual case development of tachycardia (Incidental or coincidental?) I was unimpressed. I'll be following the study all the same. It's all captivating.

Homie

Reaction score
What is hilarious about the "study" is that in several places they say they are using Valproic acid (VPA), but then they also say "VPA (sodium valproate, 8.3%) "

But valprioc acid and sodium valproate are TWO DIFFERENT SUBSTANCES! Lol, they dont even know what they were testing...

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I thought I corrected / edited the title. This is NOT a top journal, got confused.
More generally, we should be careful when posting about which journals these are posted in. Every paper can be published, independent of how rigorous it is, but not in a top journal...

Homie

Reaction score
Yea, when the authors can't figure out whether they were using valpric acid or sodium valproate I'm going to have to agree with you that the study was not out of a top journal. :D