Using two shampoos together...does it increase hairloss?

adam1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Am currently using perfect image shampoo for the next 3 months and have just purchased nizoral 2%, can only use perfect image 4 times a week and i think nizoral is the same. Would it be benefical to me to combine the two through out the week?

My only concern is would this increase hairloss? - is it better to stick to one shampoo.

When i started using the shampoo with the minoxidil in the first few weeks (i am 2 1/2 weeks in to my whole regaime) i suffered huge shedding. i counted 60 hairs in the bath :thumbdown2:

But after 2 weeks and being more careful with my hair, i have reduced that to 15 hairs. I know your meant to lose hair anyway natrually, but how much is worrying?
Im finding it difficult to tell weather im still losing my hair or i have stopped the DHT.
No hair on pillow when i wake up either.

Any advice, help or knowledge would be brillaint. Im new to the forum, thanks to all that make it possible and the posters. :)

adam1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying Ben, much appreicated.

I only started counting as i was having 50+ hair shedding, maybe near t0 70/80. This was heppening when i was using minoxidil and procerin for the first time together in the first couple weeks, i had to keep an eye on how it would develop, get better or worse...........

Fortunantly for me my hair has responded well to nizoral even though perfect image shampoo makes my hair feel so much better. Only getting 20 hairs now, which is a big reduction from 80. I assume 10 -20 hairs is normal now.
Though i understand you can only really tell through photos if your winning the battle or not, so starting a photo diary sounds good. But i think the less hairs that come out is generally a good sign.

Im in 2 minds about taking finasteride, i rather try everything else for a few months and see if i get anywhere, im only 24, so im trying natrual stuff fuirst and see if anything clicks, then i might try finasteride.

adam1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the problem with using natrual stuff, is that you have to take 6 months and lots of stressing about weather its working. Do you know any online reliable pharmacy where i can get some for a test run for a month or so......they well on this site and inhouse pharmacy europe. Any advice on anything being reliable? I have heard the stories about poor sellers and fakes.

Green and White

Reaction score
Hi Adam, I think Nizoral is advisable 3 times a week at most or else your hair would dry out. But if it's working fine for you, then it's okay. Anyway, using two shampoos in alternate I think won't increase hair loss. Sometimes I do that too. :)