Using Only Glue For Hair System Attachment

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been wearing hair systems for two weeks now. I normally glue only the front with ghost bond (which has been great) and then tape the rest of the perimeter. I can never get the perimeter just right, and I find myself missing edges and corners when attaching tape and attaching my system.

My question is: since I'm perfectly fine with glue, can I use glue all around the perimeter? Does anyone have experience with this?

Additional info: I only wear a hair system for one week at a time before taking it off and cleaning it. I have a full thin skin.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Liquid adhesive is used for a FULL HEAD BOND, you will need to put it on your entire scalp. If you use white glue, just put it on your scalp. If you are using clear, you need to put it on BOTH the scalp and the underside of the skin system. A lot more work.

If you find it difficult to put the tape on your system, get yourself a wig head with stand. This way you can do attach the tapes with both hands. I also have an illuminated magnifying glass, that camps to my work table so I can get the edges perfectly.

Best of luck...

Noah

Reaction score
Johnathan, are you applying the tape to your system first, before you put it on, or are you applying the tape to your scalp, and then trying to position the system onto the tape? The first technique is very much easier than the second. If you have a polystyrene wig head, and you pin your system inside-out on it when you attach the tape, it's quite difficult to miss any bits.

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Time. Skill. Good Tape. Clean Base.

Do not glue entire base unless its skin.

Do not glue lace all over

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have an all-skin unit, so it's better if you fully bond with liquid adhesive. I've tried perimeter bonding with my UTS but it just doesn't feel right and leaves too much movement/rustling and is nowhere as nice as a full bond.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have an all-skin unit, so it's better if you fully bond with liquid adhesive. I've tried perimeter bonding with my UTS but it just doesn't feel right and leaves too much movement/rustling and is nowhere as nice as a full bond.

I agree on the 0.03 systems, on the thicker poly systems, like 0.06 and 0.08 I have customers who go weeks with just a perimeter tape bond, and they are quite happy with the results, with no shifting, etc.

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've been using the 1.3 oz ghost bond. What sort of brands do all of you guys use?

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Johnathan, are you applying the tape to your system first, before you put it on, or are you applying the tape to your scalp, and then trying to position the system onto the tape? The first technique is very much easier than the second. If you have a polystyrene wig head, and you pin your system inside-out on it when you attach the tape, it's quite difficult to miss any bits.

have a question on this do we pin it to the hair or on the skin base? will it leave a hole and tear the uts?