Using minoxidil 5% only once a night

Sean68

Reaction score
yeah. better than not using it at all but ive always tried to use products as directed so i have no excuses. other than not responding obviously.

you should be able to use the foam in the morning though - dries pretty quick.

IBM

Reaction score
I'm using once a day because where i live minoxidil is expensive as hell. But it's been a succes in maintaining and thickening what i have.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
I did it for three years with liquid and while it provided some growth, by comparison, the last month and a half on twice a day foam has accomplished an astonishing amount.

I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you are desperate for money or using liquid and can't put it on during the day.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
On Dr Bernstein's (has a very good reputation as hair transplant Doctor)website he says once a day application is almost as effective as twice a day since the half life of minoxidil is 22 hours. Pfizer wants you to use it twice a day because number one it helps with sales and number two its what they used in their studies. My hair looks so much better just using it once a day at night. The foam for me twice a day dries my hair too much and makes it more whispy and haylike feeling. I use conditioner but that does not help that much so once a day works the best for me. I would use the foam only since it gives excellent absorption.