Using Concealer And Applying Minoxidil Question

Tait

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys...I'm considering using a concealer for minor hair loss....I like the idea of courve, or the toppik hair thickening spray...basically painting the scalp...I usually only use my Nizoral 2-3x a week, but I was wondering if I will have to wash this stuff out daily, in order for my minoxidil treatment to be effective...like if the concealer (scalp paint lol) is on, would this make minoxidil application entirely useless? If so, this could be ridiculously expensive :/

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Obviously nobody on this forum uses concealer and Minoxidil, yeh right.
Help a bro out here fellas. He's asking a pretty simple question..

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...I'm considering using a concealer for minor hair loss....I like the idea of courve, or the toppik hair thickening spray...basically painting the scalp...I usually only use my Nizoral 2-3x a week, but I was wondering if I will have to wash this stuff out daily, in order for my minoxidil treatment to be effective...like if the concealer (scalp paint lol) is on, would this make minoxidil application entirely useless? If so, this could be ridiculously expensive :/

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
I try to do 2 treatments a day of minoxidil. one after shower and try to leave it in for 5 mins or so. Then blow dry. Then add my concealer.
At night, around 8 PM I was the concealer off in the bathroom sink, or tub. Add minoxidil.|
Sometimes I wait an hour and add concealer for bedtime...

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
So I use cheap stuff for "dark" hair so $$ isn't an issue. I'll tell you if you must know...

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Use generic concealer from amazon, way more economically sound.

As for "painting the scalp". I would reccommend you wash it out everyday otherwise the minoxidil is just going to clump up the crap anyways. How do you not shower and reapply everyday? Even if I sleep I still have to reapply. It's a ucking hassle but such is life.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the painting bit is referring to colouring the scalp with the colouring stuff, as opposed to the fibres. which would clump up, as you say. But he's talking about that stuff that is like paint, not the fibres. I think the fibres is a given that you can't use minoxidil with it, but Couvre/Derm doesn't have the bits, if I'm reading him correctly?

balddude431

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use generic concealer from amazon, way more economically sound.

As for "painting the scalp". I would reccommend you wash it out everyday otherwise the minoxidil is just going to clump up the crap anyways. How do you not shower and reapply everyday? Even if I sleep I still have to reapply. It's a ucking hassle but such is life.
Like which one?

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Search hair concealer on amazon. The refills are usually pretty cheap. YOu need one time purchase of caboki or viviscal fiber bottle, then just refill for cheaper.

Little_Tony

My Regimen
Reaction score
I usually put on Minoxidil 5% in the morning before work, 10mins and blow dry it, in the evening after shower again 10mins and blow dry. Concealer only occasionally and be carefull with them as they clog up combs.