Usage of Nizoral (very small question)

tal17

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just purchased Nizoral 2%. My only question is this: Can I combine Nizoral with other shampoo's? i.e. on the day I use it, should I use Nizoral ONLY and not any other shampoos. Or can I apply it (as instructed by the box), rinse it off, and apply a different shampoo all in one session? Can I use a conditioner with it?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry if this has been asked before. I've searched on this site for a bit but haven't found any info about it.

Confused

Reaction score
Im new here but Ive been using nizoral for about a month. It frys your hair and scalp. So use nizoral only on the days you use it. Conditoner after words is a must, atleast for me. Ive also ordered some emu oil to add to the nizoral shamo. It should help with the dryness.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Confused said:
Im new here but Ive been using nizoral for about a month. It frys your hair and scalp. So use nizoral only on the days you use it. Conditoner after words is a must, atleast for me. Ive also ordered some emu oil to add to the nizoral shamo. It should help with the dryness.

are you going to use emu oil to simply mix in with the nizoral during the application or just use afterwards?

tal17

Reaction score
I just finished using Nizoral for the first time. My scalp and hair didn't feal dry and/or fried in the slightest. Should Nizoral have this effect the first time I use it? Or will it take multiple sessions before it will have this effect?

Also, what shampoo is good for removing/blocking DHT?

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
tal17 said:
Hi all,
I just purchased Nizoral 2%. My only question is this: Can I combine Nizoral with other shampoo's? i.e. on the day I use it, should I use Nizoral ONLY and not any other shampoos. Or can I apply it (as instructed by the box), rinse it off, and apply a different shampoo all in one session? Can I use a conditioner with it?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry if this has been asked before. I've searched on this site for a bit but haven't found any info about it.

Yea, you can use Nizoral with other shampoo. In fact, i do it myself.

RS

Reaction score
tal17 said:
I just finished using Nizoral for the first time. My scalp and hair didn't feal dry and/or fried in the slightest. Should Nizoral have this effect the first time I use it? Or will it take multiple sessions before it will have this effect?

How long did you leave it on for? I tried it for the first time only a few days ago, and left it on for around 5 minutes. My hair became so light and weak it was crazy :(

tal17

Reaction score
Thx for the replies guyz. Most appreciated.

I left Nizoral in for 4 minz. On the box, it says to leave it in for 3-5 minutes.

I"m hoping my new regemin will work as well as my EXT one did.

Again, thx for the info and gl to all.

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
RS said:
tal17 said:

How long did you leave it on for? I tried it for the first time only a few days ago, and left it on for around 5 minutes. My hair became so light and weak it was crazy :(

what do you mean light and weak... like your hair color was lighter after using it and your hair was hard to do or what?

hairfin

Established Member
Reaction score
i use nizoral 2 times a week and use a conditioner (any) after each time

Idaho X

Reaction score
The general advice is to use Nizoral 3X a week to get the best effect. I use different shampoos on other days, but I find Nizoral is too strong to combine with other shampoos in the same washing.

tal17

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this post back...

I use Nizoral every other day (thus far) and have started to combine it with another shampoo during the same wash. Nioxin Cleanser Shampoo. So far, I haven't noticed any ill effects from this. I've only been using Nizoral for a bit more then a week. So about 3-4 times so far. And, surprisingly enough, my hair does seem to be thicker then before. I'm not 100% sure just yet, but it's looking promising.

I've also ordered Revivogen. Going to switch Nioxin with it. I've heard some great results from Revivogen so I'm hoping it'll help me too.

Is it bad to use Nizoral and another shampoo during the same wash?