Urgent Help Needed... Front Partial Hair System?

Rosss11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, been following this forum for a while without saying anything just researching and trying to come up with a solution for myself.

A quick back story I'm 27 years old, had THICK black hair until around 2 years ago when I had an operation and was put on a series of medication for chrones disease, at first I thought it was temporary but after visits to the dermatologist and plenty of research i discovered it is just male pattern baldness.

My regime has been minoxidil 1-2 x a day and using dermatch and nanogen as concealers which work very well.

Although with the concealers in my hair looks ok, it is stil recording and the amount of work I have to put in to make it look ok is getting unbearable.

I was a model up to 3 years ago and even though people tell me I look no different it has completely knocked my confidence to the point where I am now on medication and having counselling.

My hair loss hasn't stabilised and is stil falling out fast, it's not at the stage where it's noticeable to others but it is to me, especially the front where I have to use to much product to cover up and fill in gaps.

I'm not prepared to use finestride and I'm pretty sure a transplant would not work long term as hair is still diffuse thinning.

As the front is where my main concern is, o have been reading about front partial systems.

I'm a personal trainer so one that is undetectable and stays on well would be ideal.

Is there anywhere in the U.K. I could go and get a front partial piece fitted?

Cost is not an option as this is very important to me.

I have plenty of questions but taking it one stage at a time, so what I'm looking for is the best recommended place for a front partial system

Thanks in advanced for your help

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Ross - sorry to hear your story. You don't expect stuff like that to happen to a young fit guy.

This would be a good time to investigate a partial if concealers are starting to become less effective. Getting one that stays on and is undetectable shouldn't be a problem, but it will make your life easier if you are willing to go for a style which doesn't involve a fully-exposed hairline.

I prefer not to talk suppliers' names on the forum in case it seems like shilling, but I have a few suggestions for you with I will send you by PM. Feel free to come back for whatever other info you need.

Noah

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Ross - sorry to hear your story. You don't expect stuff like that to happen to a young fit guy.

This would be a good time to investigate a partial if concealers are starting to become less effective. Getting one that stays on and is undetectable shouldn't be a problem, but it will make your life easier if you are willing to go for a style which doesn't involve a fully-exposed hairline.

I prefer not to talk suppliers' names on the forum in case it seems like shilling, but I have a few suggestions for you with I will send you by PM. Feel free to come back for whatever other info you need.

Noah

Hi Noah, do you think a piece for just the hairline is possible? My hairline recently got so thin concealers don't work very well anymore but I still have a very good coverage overall (very diffuse thinning). It seems like the smaller hairpiece would still cover the whole of the top scalp unless it's a weave

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Samantha - yes, I have seen a strip piece (about an inch wide) to lower the hairline, and it worked very well. It was a bit fiddly to put on, but once it was on it was a good look. That was more for a simple case of recession though. If you are a diffuse thinner, and you want volume of hair to brush back into the thin area behind, you might be better with a front partial - a half-moon shape which replaces your hairline and forelock.