Update, If anyone is interested...

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
After not getting on so well with Toppik, patchy, not great looking, I said I would try the Super Million, and Nano. While I still await the Nano, I have since been using Super Million.

Disappointingly, the wake up next morning look with the black spots(same as Toppik when applied!) on a barely covered crown was the worst part. Waking up next to someone will not be a good look, and although it may not be important to some, it is to me, to at least have coverage on my head waking up, and not get wiped out just from a few turns on a pillow. All be it not perfect but just no show through would do!(Do you use more spray maybe before bed)?

Having said that, initial application looked better than Toppik, although for some reason this stuff takes more amounts for coverage. Not loads better, but I felt it and had bit of itch with this, Didn't with Toppik.

Colour-wise, I find both products idea of Med Brown, a little on the dark side, but SMH not terrible.

Yet to see how they get that REAL LOOKING HAIR look when you see it being done on videos/shopping channels, I just don't see it, I see a mess of something/darker/coverage on my head, but never that real looking hair look I see on the shopping channel, even up close on cameras.

One other interesting thing I noticed on the TV, they actually hit/make contact with the head when they applied it, despite them telling you to 'sprinkle' over head from few inches above. Wonder why?

I'll report back on my verdict with Nano, if you're interested.

As you were..
:)

zacochagrin

Reaction score
True thay SMH initial application looks better than toppik... Like i've said before, same problem of patches in the morning.

I guess any barely covered crown will end up with the same results. A few tips from my side:

1) Don't use a pillow :) Or use one which is flat

2) Put socks in yr hand at night. This would considerably reduce patches, especially if u have the tendency to scratch yr head while sleeping which results in dust-like particles in the hair as well.

3) Keep hair longer.. try comb-over style (where possible). "More hair" covering the crown means patches (if any) less visible.

I've been trying all these & it helps !!!

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interesting you mention longer hair, My hair is quite long there and I thought that was the problem, It was not a neat coverage because of that? When you see it being demo on telly, It's always on a totally bald spot, and it always looks better than when I do it on mine which is longer round there than the usual crops they show. I do think the comb over prevents it from covering properly in that area no?

Toppik and the SMH both look awful in the morning. Those black spots on the head look worse than nothing at all. Pillow wise, it is quite flat, and also very soft sheet, not coarse, and I don't scratch my head, I may move a couple of times but usually stay in same postition.

Socks? Really?

Have you tried Nano, and which do you use now?? The SMH?

zacochagrin

Reaction score
I think u r not using the right product(s)... Dn't go by ads, these are 1 day solution... You need to find the real reason for the patches, which i think u haven't identified yet.

Of course if you have long hair, the fibers will stick to the hair rather than the scalp, thus coverage which is not neat ! That's y i use dermmarch (works quite well for comb-over styles) for overall scalp coverage & fibers (toppik) for more volume...

Well u really dn't know how much u move around when u sleep. Whenever i use pillow, the fibers do not stay in place... So i dn't use pillow & for me the fibers stay on. Socks are useful if u have a tendency to scratch yr scalp unknowingly during sleep.

Well, my personal experience & small tips that make use of concealers more efficient & effective for me !

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, so this stuff has a tendency to come off during the night. If you're sleeping with someone, they probably already know you're losing hair and using a concealer. How big of a deal is it, really? Just reapply the toppik (or whichever one you use) to the areas where it came off and go about your daily business. Honestly, very few of us look our best in the morning anyway.