Update From The God Himself - Dr. Takashi Tsuji

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
first it has to work. then it has to be affordable, and if it's gonna cost around $300k when it comes out, I doubt 5-10 years would deduct a noticeable price, might as well save all your money and take all the loans you can get and do it right when it's out, no offense but at 40-50 you're way past your prime and I doubt bald or hair would change much at that point.

hair is most crucial when you're young and single, in your 20's and also in your 30's, that's why the starting price and having to wait 10 years for a MAYBE affordable price for most people is a joke and basically makes this possible treatment negligible unless you're rich or have rich parents.

if it comes out the only winners will be the rich and young. for all the rest this will make no difference.

I personally never understood why everyone is relying on a possible solution that they won't be able to afford and have anyway.

Rich people won't care about having it done as much. And if more than one of these cloning treatments come out around the same time, competition will push them down in price. The TissUse technology in particular might be a very affordable procedure and world be an effective cure for most under Norwood 5 or maybe even 6.

H

Reaction score
Rich people won't care about having it done as much. And if more than one of these cloning treatments come out around the same time, competition will push them down in price. The TissUse technology in particular might be a very affordable procedure and world be an effective cure for most under Norwood 5 or maybe even 6.
Waiting the decade + for it to come out still makes it pretty negligible.

Medusa01

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think nothing will happen this year

Attachments

• 30725B10-D8E8-4968-8DE1-728B9760EEFB.png
    30725B10-D8E8-4968-8DE1-728B9760EEFB.png
    251.3 KB · Views: 356

H

Reaction score
I think nothing will happen this year
Lol is that for the animal trials we never heard about or the human trials? Maybe they caused some nasty side effects I cant imagine all these delays are because everything is going so well.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol is that for the animal trials we never heard about or the human trials? Maybe they caused some nasty side effects I cant imagine all these delays are because everything is going so well.

The technique on mice was done successfully all the way back in 2012.

H

Reaction score
...it's unlikely to take another "decade +" to come out...
Do you have some hair loss treatment with substantial cosmetic effects that has come out recently that we can draw some similarities from and conclude that this one is close based on the conditions of the other treatment before having come out that way we know what is typical before the big release? Or do we have more evidence of new proposed treatments failing, being delayed, and not coming out at all?

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

So when you're rich you suddenly don't care about your hair? yeah I don't think that's how it works. you have trump as a prime example and he's a radical case too.

-------------
What's TissUse tech about by the way?

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have some hair loss treatment with substantial cosmetic effects that has come out recently that we can draw some similarities from and conclude that this one is close based on the conditions of the other treatment before having come out that way we know what is typical before the big release? Or do we have more evidence of new proposed treatments failing, being delayed, and not coming out at all?

This is among a few first "cloning" procedures so there is no prior case to compare it to. That does not mean, however, that you can just pull a range of time from the air and say it will it take [that] long or more. We have tons of information here to be more precise. A handful of years ago they indicated 2020 as the approximate year for clinical trials, and that still may happen. If it doesn't, more likely it happens in <5 years than >10 just going off the progress that has been made. The research is deep and we are on the doorstep of clinical trials.

So when you're rich you suddenly don't care about your hair? yeah I don't think that's how it works. you have trump as a prime example and he's a radical case too.

-------------
What's TissUse tech about by the way?

Fair, some rich people are narcissists and obsessed with self image...not all though. There will be high demand from regular, middle class people.

The TissUse tech is apparently similar to Tsuji's method; plan is to take only 30 "punch biopsies" from the back of the head, separate cells in a lab, clone those cells in vitro to the power of hundreds, which are then injected back into the scalp to form tens of thousands of new hair follicles and possibly revive dormant hair follicles. The technology is apparently all finished; they've partnered with J Hewitt, a medical company in Japan, to do trials asap, but a cell-storing deal fell through so there's a logistical delay.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is among a few first "cloning" procedures so there is no prior case to compare it to. That does not mean, however, that you can just pull a range of time from the air and say it will it take [that] long or more. We have tons of information here to be more precise. A handful of years ago they indicated 2020 as the approximate year for clinical trials, and that still may happen. If it doesn't, more likely it happens in <5 years than >10 just going off the progress that has been made. The research is deep and we are on the doorstep of clinical trials.

Fair, some rich people are narcissists and obsessed with self image...not all though. There will be high demand from regular, middle class people.

The TissUse tech is apparently similar to Tsuji's method; plan is to take only 30 "punch biopsies" from the back of the head, separate cells in a lab, clone those cells in vitro to the power of hundreds, which are then injected back into the scalp to form tens of thousands of new hair follicles and possibly revive dormant hair follicles. The technology is apparently all finished; they've partnered with J Hewitt, a medical company in Japan, to do trials asap, but a cell-storing deal fell through so there's a logistical delay.

that's the most ironic thing, most demand will be from regular and middle class people but the treatment is for the rich, at least at the first decade or more.

I hope this all works out so future generations will have an easy solution and won't be completely fcked like us.

H

Reaction score
This is among a few first "cloning" procedures so there is no prior case to compare it to. That does not mean, however, that you can just pull a range of time from the air and say it will it take [that] long or more. We have tons of information here to be more precise. A handful of years ago they indicated 2020 as the approximate year for clinical trials, and that still may happen. If it doesn't, more likely it happens in <5 years than >10 just going off the progress that has been made. The research is deep and we are
But you can take a year and say it will take this long or less...

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From google translate:

“Good news for thin-haired men. Clinical research will soon begin to revive bushy hair using regenerative medicine technology. It is the world's first regenerative medicine for body organs. The cells from which the hair is collected from the scalp are cultured, and a large number of hair follicles (the organs that make up the hair roots behind the pores and produce hair) are transplanted.

Unlike the so-called hair restorer, it is a new approach using cutting-edge regenerative medicine. Led by Takashi Tsuji is the organ guidance research team leader at RIKEN Biofunction Science Research Center (Kobe).

As researchers struggle to overcome the barriers to the practical application of regenerative medicine at home and abroad, Tsuji's research has attracted attention because of its potential for broad application. What sets Tsuji apart is that while being a team leader at RIKEN that researchers have longed for, he has not taken the mainstream of academia. I am from a local national university and have no experience of studying abroad. He quit his research at a pharmaceutical company and went on to a doctoral course at a graduate school. A drug candidate who was working for another pharmaceutical company but was researching it would be discontinued.”

There’s more but i can’t figure out how to extend the article.

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The article is behind a paywall. It seems to be an article about Tsuji's research in general, so I doubt there's any new information.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
"...Deep in the dark, my hair will thrill me like days of old
Lighting the spark of love that fills me with dreams untold
Each day, I pray for evening just to be with hair
Together, at last, it's Tsuji time..."

(lyrics-Buck Ram, song-Platters
Twilight Time).

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"...Deep in the dark, my hair will thrill me like days of old
Lighting the spark of love that fills me with dreams untold
Each day, I pray for evening just to be with hair
Together, at last, it's Tsuji time..."

(lyrics-Buck Ram, song-Platters
Twilight Time).

Hey @Trichosan it would be very nice if your wife could read the whole article.
We have to know what is written there maybe they tell about possible dates of the trial start :)

Thanks @Medusa01 for sharing this!!

R_gesus

Reaction score
Does anyone actually believe this can still come out in 2020? Or is the consensus just thats the year trials will start.

H

Reaction score
Unlikely, but we will probably have evidence that it works in humans by the end of the year. It should be available on a limited basis in 2021. The same might be said for Tissuse too.
That seems a little optimistic Japan may be fast at approval relatively but they arent that fast.