Update From The God Himself - Dr. Takashi Tsuji

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's already been said they plan to launch in 2020.

When would everyone else be able to get it?

Years later and still at a very high price.

"everyone else" possibly meaning people not willing to travel to japan for treatment because i think based on japans new regenerative medicine/cell and tissue therapy laws, treatments are available after safety is established, which could be as early as late 2019/early 2020 (read more here https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1934590915001241). the way i see it, if youre willing to drop a few grand on the treatment, whats an extra g for a round trip ticket to japan

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The simple fact that it is finally out and could be somehow reached is more than enough like u said... İt could be a final goal and make us so much more happy even it's f*****g expensive in the first years..
Let's just say a dream would become true!

Edit:
HYPEEEEEEEE TRAAAAAAAAAAİİİİİNNNNNN!!!!!

GİMME THE LORD TSUJİ MEMES!!

lets gooooo! bless us tsujesus!

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah, but how expensive?
If he manages to pull this sh*t off, he can basically charge whatever he wants... but while we can be confident that it will be expensive, is it going to be and stay too expensive for years and years?

I’m sure none of us can answer this question for the next few years, but still, the question exists. Bottom line: we don’t know.

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, but how expensive?
If he manages to pull this sh*t off, he can basically charge whatever he wants... but while we can be confident that it will be expensive, is it going to be and stay too expensive for years and years?

I’m sure none of us can answer this question for the next few years, but still, the question exists. Bottom line: we don’t know.

im sure the first year will be highly exclusive and expensive, (or not, he said his lab has overcome all the hurdles so maybe they found a far more efficient scale up method?) however in the interview with this forum they said it would be in line with current hair transplant treatments

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for reference, here is the last email from tsuji to @Noisette, in which he says they still had a challenge of using human derived stem cells:

upload_2018-4-25_14-28-17.png

in other words, they have now overcome this issue based on my correspondence with him

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah, but how expensive?

Keiko: Thank you. Question 16: There has been some concern that a procedure like this would not be affordable to the majority of the consumer public. An average hair transplant costs between $8,000 and $12,000 USD (827k – 1.2m Yen). Does your company anticipate this procedure costing less than, similar to, or more than a typical hair transplant procedure?

Mr. Sugimura: This may not be the answer you find interesting, but to be honest with you, we are currently still in research for some parts, so it is difficult for us to determine. Therefore, at this point we are not ready to discuss about the pricing range. Generally speaking, the price is usually expensive during initial commercial stage, and frankly speaking, we have to admit the same for our case as well. However, after that, as the number of patients increases, we believe that we will be able to better control the price, and we definitely should be able to do so. Therefore, this is our long-term plan, but we plan to eventually lower the price to the level at which anybody can benefit from this therapy.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does someone know or could guess how long the human trials would last?

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
YES YES YES. Tsuji owns it again. HAHahahhahahahahahhahahaha.
HE IS THE MAN!!!!
I WOULD LICK f*****g BIO BREAD ALL DAY ALONG JUST GET ONE ENGINEERED HAIR FOLLICLE.

Anyways this could come out in 2020. The only downside is they plan to offer it to 10k patients in the first year after release. The problem is not the price but the availability.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
YES YES YES. Tsuji owns it again. HAHahahhahahahahahhahahaha.
HE IS THE MAN!!!!
I WOULD LICK f*****g BIO BREAD ALL DAY ALONG JUST GET ONE ENGINEERED HAIR FOLLICLE.

Anyways this could come out in 2020. The only downside is they plan to offer it to 10k patients in the first year after release. The problem is not the price but the availability.

If we know a cure is out and it is real, waiting or working to make/save money for a few years will be more bearable than it is today.

Keisi92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good nees is always nice to hear. Not to be a downer , but i still dont see anyway this comes to market in 2020. From all the treatments on hairloss this is the most cutting edge technology and without much argument the hardest treatment and research project which should have influence in other fields of medicine, and more important than hairloss as well. I really hope not, but i see no way they dont encounter more problens that they can count when human trials begin.

Seriously sorry for being the voice of skepticism considering the good news, but if we still have to wait for years for something like an equol+dgla combination and 10+ years for whatever follica is doing, it seems like scifi to me to go from those kind of treatments to this one in a couple of years.

The jump is gigantic imho, since i just watched lost in space, it's like like going from finasteride to robbing an alien treatment to permanently cure hairloss.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t give a f*** if it comes out in 2025
I’ll endure 7 years of being bald if I can finally get all my hair back.
Also, I don’t care how expensive it will be, I mean it’s a full cure, I’ll starve myself, get a loan, beg everyone I know until I get enough money.

Assuming all goes to plan, this is it!
No more shitty drugs with mediocre effectiveness
No more companies promising us shitty products sharing combover pictures
No more overpriced transplants for an “illusion of density”
No more wearing wigs
This is it! either it’s successful and gives you unlimited hair or it fails, no compromise.

Also, I’ll take one ticket for Tsuji hype train please.

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good nees is always nice to hear. Not to be a downer , but i still dont see anyway this comes to market in 2020. From all the treatments on hairloss this is the most cutting edge technology and without much argument the hardest treatment and research project which should have influence in other fields of medicine, and more important than hairloss as well. I really hope not, but i see no way they dont encounter more problens that they can count when human trials begin.

Seriously sorry for being the voice of skepticism considering the good news, but if we still have to wait for years for something like an equol+dgla combination and 10+ years for whatever follica is doing, it seems like scifi to me to go from those kind of treatments to this one in a couple of years.

The jump is gigantic imho, since i just watched lost in space, it's like like going from finasteride to robbing an alien treatment to permanently cure hairloss.

a healthy dose of skepticism is good! however i recommend you read this from the other post i responded to:

"Last year, Japan introduced sweeping changes to its regulation of “regenerative medicine” therapeutics, a novel product classification that includes a range of human cell- and tissue-based biologics. Under the terms of the amended Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Other Therapeutic Products Act, clinical trial sponsors now have the option to seek market approval for up to 7 years for regenerative medicine products for which data from early phase trials demonstrate safety and are 'likely to predict efficacy.'"
read more here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1934590915001241

long story short, japan specifically enacted a law recently to expedite the release of precisely these types of treatments - autologous cell based therapies and regenerative medicine, therefore, it is actually very likely that such a treatment could be released far faster than traditional "drugs" like equol+dgla. theoretically, autologous (meaning of oneself) therapies pose less of a risk than xenobiotics/traditional synthetic drugs

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
its been confirmed elsewhere that they plan to start in march 2019 IF they could overcome the developmental problems. regardless, i think the bigger story here is the fact that they have overcome the research/laboratory hurdles that they previously mentioned in the interview with these forums. to my knowledge, before this post, the commencement in 2019 was entirely hinged upon the solution to these hurdles

Sigh, another hype thread with the “IF” crap. Sorry, nothing will come in 2019 or 2020.

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hype!!! in my opinion this is the single biggest news to come out of 2018. this is the actual functional cure with a confirmed trial date in less than a year, money/company backing, and zero scientific hurdles to overcome

Sounds like the same thing said in the early days of that Italian lotion thread. Trials, confirmations, company backing, respectable scientist.....scammers lmao

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
my pleasure and thanks to you for all your threads! when you emailed tsuji did you ask permission to post the email here? im wondering if there are any repercussions for posting it without his permission, however if anything, its free advertising and hype for him and his company, i dont see any negatives

The OP could be a burger flipping depressed baldy for all Tsuji knows. If he has no issue telling him this info, he’s not trying to keep it a secret.