Update been on Dutasteride for 1.5 years

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Only dutasteride? Did you also had hair loss on sides of your head? If yes, can you share pics of your sides? I'm on dutasteride + oral minoxidil and cant regrowth the sides. Btw hair looks amazing!

what like this? My sides were never really bad, it was more the temple region...

Attachments

• C18A1EBD-AFF2-4964-9556-C03CCF6FF0E4.jpeg
    C18A1EBD-AFF2-4964-9556-C03CCF6FF0E4.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 8803FDBE-05F2-4B4E-AD30-8D0AD576DA77.jpeg
    8803FDBE-05F2-4B4E-AD30-8D0AD576DA77.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 164

ManeTaine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Couple of questions-

Any side effects? How effective was finasteride for you before you jumped on dutasteride? Any noticeable changes in how you felt when you made the switch? How often/week are you taking dutasteride at the moment?

Trompt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for 11 days. To be honest i have been more depressed than BEFORE i started. Will finasteride make ky depression and anxiety worse or IS It placebo?

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for 11 days. To be honest i have been more depressed than BEFORE i started. Will finasteride make ky depression and anxiety worse or IS It placebo?
f*****g placebo. stop worrying about it.

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions-

Any side effects? How effective was finasteride for you before you jumped on dutasteride? Any noticeable changes in how you felt when you made the switch? How often/week are you taking dutasteride at the moment?
I never took Finasteride, I started straight away on Avodart. Zero changes in how i feel but I’ve always had bad anxiety since I was a boy. Little bit of brain fog when reading but that may be because I need glasses....

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t call me a f*****g idiot, and yes I did have hair loss. I was just one of the smart ones who caught it extremely early. Don’t take it out on me cause ur hairline has receded so much they could build a row of flats on ur forehead
Have a look at my hairline on my profile lol. Textbook mature hairline just like yours. Mongs like yourself seem to think temple recession = gonna go full nw7. Honestly mate, do yourself a favour, read up on the facts go and speak to a hairloss surgeon and get the f*** off dutasteride.

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Why don't you share any before photos so we can evaluate if dutasteride really improved your hairline?
As I said mate, my old iPhone is lost, I dropped it in Spain and it had all my receding pics on it. Trust me, I had temple recession.

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Why don't you share any before photos so we can evaluate if dutasteride really improved your hairline?
This is the only pic I have from 2018 and this is it before it got pretty bad. It looks like a full hairline, but I had a thinning V hairline shape when I pushed it all back, which I managed to recover. Not the best photo, it looks like I’m not balding here, it’s all I have mate....

Attachments

• 2A45BAA2-1110-49F2-A309-CD5D90D5FB04.png
    2A45BAA2-1110-49F2-A309-CD5D90D5FB04.png
    571.2 KB · Views: 140

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the only pic I have from 2018 and this is it before it got pretty bad. It looks like a full hairline, but I had a thinning V hairline shape when I pushed it all back, which I managed to recover. Not the best photo, it looks like I’m not balding here, it’s all I have mate....
I understand man. The hairline is the worst thing to lose in my opinion because it frames the face. Even a buzzed head with no recession I think is better than long hair but receding hairline.

Hopefully by the time I do surgery maybe 10 years down the road I'll be able to get a very good result with minimal scarring. Have a bald spot in the back but at least frame my face with a transplant in the front.