Update been on Dutasteride for 1.5 years

whatintheworld

Reaction score
It looks like you don't have a receding hairline, or never did, you just have a widow's peak.

I think what people are trying to communicate here is, the risk/reward ratio for taking dutasteride considering the state of your hair just doesn't make any sense.

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks like you don't have a receding hairline, or never did, you just have a widow's peak.

I think what people are trying to communicate here is, the risk/reward ratio for taking dutasteride considering the state of your hair just doesn't make any sense.
No mate, I don’t have any pics on this phone of my hairline when it was clearly thinning, trust me it was. I’ve been an obsessive with my own hairline and other peoples since I was a boy, I know what I’m looking for. And plus now my brother who has started thinning at 28 in a more advanced but similar pattern that I was, proves to me that if I didn’t start the treatment, I’d be a Norwood 2.5. Hereditary baldness from my dad. And it pisses me off that people try and tell me I wasn’t going bald, f*** off mate, I think I know my own hairline better than you and anyone else.
I was receding,
I started Avodart,
One and a half years later,
I haven’t had anymore recession,
it’s saved my hairline.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good. Id have started w finasteride. But dont listen to the clowns on here. Jealousy is a b**ch.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For once I agree. Dutasteride is more extreme and probably unnecessary.
Should be for the 100th time. But I don't like dutaseride. I think finasteride is the limit, you could even take it every other day n likely be just fine. I dont even take it everyday anymore, probably 4 to 5 times a week, n im still getting further results. Fortunately ive never had any real issues w finasteride, but had I, I'd have dumped it n buzzed my head. Finasteride was my last attempt after taking min for 2.5 years.

jazz1

Reaction score
Awesome, you could potentially lower the temples with minoxidil and derma roller…..