Unusual Questions About Minoxidil Foam

Jim-101

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I have ordered some minoxidil foam and have a few questions about the application of it which dont seem to be covered elsewhere

1. How long does it take to dry in?
2. I use a hairdryer to help style my hair, will this cause any issues? And can this be used to help it dry in quicker?
3. Will it be ok to put a hair fibre concealor such as toppik on top after its soaked in a little?
4. I have used the liquid in the past for facial hair and had fantastic results (now basically a full beard, where it was predominantly just my neck before). The liquid made my skin horrendoudly dry and itchy - I would have to apply moisturiser 1/2 hour before each minoxidil application. Can I expect this on my scalp from the foam?

Lastly, I am also on finasteride, started approx. 1 month ago - lets say in a few months I was to have significant results from minoxidil. Could I then stop taking it but continue the finasteride? Will the finasteride maintain this new hair or will it be lost? As i stopped with the beard and hoad no loss (things kept improving in fact once the hair was established)

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Foam dries in a matter of minutes. So do it after you dry your hair although you get better absorption if your hair is damp. However, they don't recommend to dry your hair after you apply the foam but you can if you want to apply it on damp hair. Foam actually acts like a thickening mousse so you will like that. You can add toppik after about 5 minutes. Foam usually won't cause scalp issues in most cases but if you are very sensitive it could. Minoxidil is just a growth stimulant so if you stop, you can lose the minoxidil dependent hairs even if you are on finasteride. Beard hair and scalp hair may not respond the same as most guys get thicker facial hair as they bald.