Ultra Hold Glue- Cleaning Tips Please

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With the hot humid summer weather lately, decided to use the clear ultra glue I had for for the hairline attachment (siede and back with tape) Beter hold than ghostbond, but cleaning is a mess. Any tips on lace release and cleaning for that type of glue?? I have been using walkers lace release but some glue remains on piece and seeps in, which is a mess to clean.. used googone to clean it. I have left the glue (only on scalp) dry for about 10 minutes before attaching lace to it...thanks

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! I know you're experienced so please don't take this badly I'm just trying to help haha: .
Are you letting the lace release do its job for a couple Min's before pulling? I find that makes all the difference for me, Im very impatient lol however I take my time, over spray lace release and gently lift when the system is "ready"

Perhaps it's the glue .I've only ever used Walker great white which wasn't as good as I hoped, but I'm now using Davlyn Black and the cleanup wasn't bad at all . I can thank Noah for recommending this glue.

Is waiting 10 Min's before attaching maybe too long? This I'm unsure if this would cause seepage into the lace, usually it's when you don't wait long enough .

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for your help. not experienced with that type of glue so any help appreciated...was hoping for more responses about cleaning tips for clear, stinky, stringy glue such as ultrahold..
I admit I don't let the lace release for very long ( about one minute) so will try this at next maintenance...

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, you need to give the lace release or alcohol time to work its magic before you start pulling.

If glue is seeping through the mesh, there are 2 possible causes. First is you are applying the base onto the glue before the glue is dry enough. The glue has to be dry but tacky - the consistency of the gum on a Post-it note - before you put the base mesh onto it. Second possibility is that you are leaving the piece on for too long between maintenance, and the glue is starting to mix with your body oils and degrade. I find that happens for me after about day 12, but everyone's chemistry is different. If the glue is indeed 'stinky' that strongly suggests you are leaving it on too long.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Will try both tips..as length I keep my piece one week max, never more than 7 days...starts to get itchy...I never got a hold longer than 7 days and tried many tapes and glues including ghostbond,ultrahold, super tape,no shine, blue tape, 3mm, ultrahold ministabs...

Waiting for that miracle glue or tape :)