UK Thickening Shampoo

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what the UK residents on this board would recommend for thickening my hair that is available in most shops.

Cheers in advance

DownTheDrain

Reaction score
Well I have been recently using L'Oreal Elvive Regenium-XY Thickening Shampoo that has been recommended by other guys on this forum. It works really well. You buy this stuff from Boots for around £3.00.

Do you just want thickening shampoo's that you can by from stores? The reason why I ask is because I found Jason's Thin to Thick shampoo works quite well. You can get it online from: http://www.beautynaturals.co.uk/brandlist.asp?id=hr-js-tt.

Hope this helps!

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Thicker Fuller Hair thickening sampoo which works well and smells great. I buy it from Boots.

The other thickening sampoo provided by Boots is the Nutrasome which I dont think that it helps like Thicker Fuller Hair.

Personally I will try Jasons Thin to Thick too.

Sean68

Reaction score
imo nutrasome is very good but it dries your hair out like mad. you need to condition after and it was just too much with having to condition on nizoral days as well.

the best ive tried is in boots as well - the trevor sorbie thickening
shampoo. its about £7 a bottle but you can buy the miniature one in most
bigger stores for a couple of quid and see if you like it. doesnt make your
hair brittle at all.

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
When I use Nutrasome alone, I dont see any thickening cosmetic result. But, I mix Nutrasome with Thicker Fuller Hair and a little Nizoral. The result is a very thick sampoo mix which I think that provide me with a good thickening cosmetic result. I use this sampoo mix on the Nizoral off days. I leave it on my hair for 3-5 minutes. I dont know if this compination of two different thickening formulas (of Nutrasome and Thicker Fuller Hair) is the thing that makes my hair thick-looking.

I will try TRevor sorbie too. cheers Sean