Uk Here - New To Systems - What Are My Options Please Guys?

Boon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all

I was on this forum many years ago when first started thinning, and after trying many things to retain and regain, nothing works, I have had SMP for the last 11 years and shave my head every other day.

I am happy with the look as I can carry off a shaved head with my build , face and head shape BUT, I can't help but want a bit more than what I have and fancy a change if I can "get away with it"

I am new to systems and unsure of what exactly I am looking for and have not fully researched everything yet but am just curious as to what you think my options are for partials to fill the areas shown on my attached image please?

The other non marked areas grow thick and well so don't need a full top but don't know how to go about partials? I have been cutting my hair (not just shaving it) for over 20 years so don't mind cutting in myself etc...

what are you much appreciated opinions please? UK here btw

cheers
Boon

Attachments

• HLT1.jpg
    HLT1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 188

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Boon

Great photo btw. For the half-moon area at the back you need a crown topper, which you can get easily from practically anywhere, including on-line. Provided you get a good colour match, they are simplicity itself to wear and look after, and no one need ever know you are wearing one.

As for the two smaller pieces at the front, you could get pieces made that shape, or you could get a stock piece and cut pieces that shape out of it. You would get a dozen or more from a standard stock unit. I have known a few guys who filled in receding temples like that. The technique works OK, but it is quite fiddly to apply such small hairpieces, and often the end result is not up to the standard of undetectability where you would feel comfortable exposing the resultant hairline. But OK for a covered hairline.

BUT, I must be honest, the idea of having to create and maintain undetectable joins and a good colour match between your biohair and 3 separate hairpieces is probably not very sensible. I think it would be hard to find one of the main hair system salons that would be interested in selling a Frankensystem like that. Almost certainly they would suggest that you at least shave the area between the two frontal pieces and have a single frontal unit, which would be far less fiddly and give you a better result. Even then, you would be wearing 2 separate units, and even that could be viewed as rather eccentric. Some places would probably try to persuade you, if you want a system, to shave the top and get a single system covering all 3 areas.

Having said all that, I will PM you some ideas for possible UK sources.

Noah

Boon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reading so many conflicting threads about hair and base quality from certain brands and countries!

I want my scalp to breathe, do the adhesives prevent this regardless of a poly or lace base?

also wondering how short a system can be cut to allow for a "transitional look" of me growing me hair out? (look a bit daft to friends family and neighbours going from a wet shave to 6 inch "do" over night !haha

so confusing!

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reading so many conflicting threads about hair and base quality from certain brands and countries!

I want my scalp to breathe, do the adhesives prevent this regardless of a poly or lace base?

also wondering how short a system can be cut to allow for a "transitional look" of me growing me hair out? (look a bit daft to friends family and neighbours going from a wet shave to 6 inch "do" over night !haha

so confusing!

I think most would agree 9 out of 10 system come from China. So no matter where the vendor is. That doesn't mean that's where the systems were created.

I wear a poly because I have adhesions problems with an oily scalp. Most here would say that poly prevents your scalp from breathing. Vendor say they are gas permeable. I do know if you sweat heavily it rolls around between your scalp and the poly, so I would say not vented or breathable.

I know most people on the board advocate for lace in an effort for the scalp to breathe. My issue with that, Is that anywhere there is tape or adhesive on your scalp It is not going to breathe.... It is the adhesive or tape sealing off the scalp.

Now quite obviously any areas that do not have adhesive would breathe.... I recall reading a few post where people use a full Bond and talk about their scalp breathing....but it just can't be...

Boon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are people in the UK buying from online for home delivery?

Cheers

ChrisPratty

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Boon!

It seems that, you are facing hair loss on the top of your crown. This can be covered with the help of a hair toupee or hair piece. Hair toupee is a kind of hair system which is custom designed for covering bald area. You can ask a hair system supplier LORDHAIR for this product. Here is the link!

https://www.lordhair.com/hair-systems.html

Last edited: