Ucla Scientists Identify A New Way To Activate Stem Cells To Make Hair Grow

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@hellouser you've spent some time writing a couple of posts about miscellanious university studies. While it's always interesting to learn about these future scientific advances, could you please spare us a few quick sentences to update us on the more salient upcoming treatments (i.e. Tsuji/Shiseido)? I think that's really what people are eager to hear about :)

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@hellouser you've spent some time writing a couple of posts about miscellanious university studies. While it's always interesting to learn about these future scientific advances, could you please spare us a few quick sentences to update us on the more salient upcoming treatments (i.e. Tsuji/Shiseido)? I think that's really what people are eager to hear about :)
Hey @Omega2327,

A wise man once told me, "Patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet"

Sorry couldn't resist lolol.

Mage

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is your sodium lactate trial going? I've been pondering about trying UK5099 with minoxidil for a few weeks but your post gives me cause for concern. Potential side effects aside, I think it's application is a one time process which is not reversible? There is some info on it's solubility, not sure if it will mix with minoxidil (can't link so will paste below):
It's hard to say, man... Sometimes I feel like some improvement was made, but other times I think it's a placebo effect. My initial photos aren't great - first month photos are better but not perfect. I cut my hair yesterday, so I will wait until my hair is the same size of the first-month pictures to make a decent comparison. I'm no scientist, but what I have read on UK is concerning because of the way it works on the mitochondria, but I could be wrong. If I see any improvements, I will let the community know.
Also, I need to wait at least six months to be able to say this doesn't work for me. I'm a diffuse thinner, so I'm hopeful it works better on me than a receding hairline.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard to say, man... Sometimes I feel like some improvement was made, but other times I think it's a placebo effect. My initial photos aren't great - first month photos are better but not perfect. I cut my hair yesterday, so I will wait until my hair is the same size of the first-month pictures to make a decent comparison. I'm no scientist, but what I have read on UK is concerning because of the way it works on the mitochondria, but I could be wrong. If I see any improvements, I will let the community know.
Also, I need to wait at least six months to be able to say this doesn't work for me. I'm a diffuse thinner, so I'm hopeful it works better on me than a receding hairline.

Man you should hop on UK5099 directly you seem to take this seriously

swirling_abyss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. first time posting here, although I've been lurking for a bit. Couldn't create a thread so I figured I'll just post this here. Not too knowledgeable on the science behind hairloss and its potential(hopeful) cures, but this caught my eye and I figured it was worth sharing lol

Colorado Surgical & Hair Institute Introduces Breakthrough Hair Loss Technology With Embryonic Stem Cell Injections

www dot prweb dot com/releases/2017/11/prweb14871972.htm

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. first time posting here, although I've been lurking for a bit. Couldn't create a thread so I figured I'll just post this here. Not too knowledgeable on the science behind hairloss and its potential(hopeful) cures, but this caught my eye and I figured it was worth sharing lol

Colorado Surgical & Hair Institute Introduces Breakthrough Hair Loss Technology With Embryonic Stem Cell Injections

Someone made a thread about this yesterday or the day before, they're a scam, supposedly those same pictures were used for their prp before and after but they no longer provide prp.

Wispy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Colorado Surgical has an extremely bad rap. HRN forum snooped and claims that they have no licensed personnel at all and did a terrible hair transplant job.

Mage

My Regimen
Reaction score

This is a textbook example of a shill post.

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought someine git a hold of uk5099.. what happened to him.. is he running a log ?

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
posted this is its own thread but got buried under brotzu and prostaglandin protocol bs, i think it deserves some more exposure. a company was formed from the findings of this study:

Looks like a company was formed following the results from the discovery that decreased lactate in the follicle causes hair loss, if you recall the testing of the drugs RCGD423 and UK5099 (https://www.indy100.com/article/cur...rsity-of-california-drug-lactate-mice-7914266). Credit to PinotQ on HLC2020 for the find:

"I just saw a link stating that the use of RCGD423 to promote hair growth is covered by a provisional patent application filed by UC Regents and this technology has been licensed by a company called Carthronix LLC."

https://www.carthronix.com/pipeline
https://www.carthronix.com/technology

Current therapies for osteoarthritis are focused on pain management; with the exception of joint replacement surgery, there are no disease-modifying treatments available today. CarthroniX will change this paradigm using technology based on our studies of cartilage development throughout human ontogeny. Our research demonstrated that JAK/STAT signaling, a regenerative pathway used by stem cells in other organs and tissues, is also critically important in cartilage formation and maintenance; activity in this pathway decreases as we age. The CX-1 molecule selectively activates this pathway in adults, leading to increased cartilage growth and matrix deposition in the joint space. Further, CX-1 can accomplish this without activation of an inflammatory cascade, which sets its mechanism of action apart from biological stimulation of the pathway.

Our studies have delineated the exact molecular mechanism of CX-1, positioning CarthroniX for rapid development and streamlined regulatory approval.

In addition, the CX-1 molecule and the pathway it activates have potential roles in treatments for degenerative disc disease, wound healing and hair growth.