Two Month Success with Finasteride/Nizoral 1%

GeminiX

Reaction score
Looking great, and really like that style too :)

Mad_Jasper

Reaction score
OK, I got something kinda strange going on. The hair that has regrown during the time I've documented with photos has gone through a cycle. It began as thin, blonde hair that developed into normal hair. The process has been ongoing.

However, a few days ago I felt something similar to grit in the rebounding area of my crown. I asked my wife to check it out and she said it is black, or at least very dark stubble - and quite a bit of it. I'm a little puzzled that this hair is not going through the normal cycle but I'm more concerned about the color. My hair is medium to light brown and the regrowth area is even lighter. Now I have a black regrowth. WTF!?

I tried to take pictures but couldn't get a high enough quality photo. I'll try to post pics when possible.

Has anyone experienced this?

Need4Hair

Reaction score
I have read in this or other forum one similar post but that guy had gray hair and then his grown hair was black! not gray.. his hair color changed.

Mad_Jasper

Reaction score
Need4Hair said:
I have read in this or other forum one similar post but that guy had gray hair and then his grown hair was black! not gray.. his hair color changed.

Well, not that there is a few days growth, it's not so dark in appearance although darker than the hair that's already there. I'm still puzzled (but happy :) ) about the new growth. It's as though the final "hole" is filling up.

Mad_Jasper

Reaction score
The more I looks at my hair it appears that I may have had sometype of "shed". It just happened so quickly that I didn't notice it. It looks like I'm back to where I was in May but with noticable "stubble" growing in it's place. I guess this is a good thing.

Mad_Jasper

Reaction score
chancer said:
Mad_Jasper said:

Very Nice improvement there Jasper, you did the right thing in cutting it and getting on the meds, its paid off, and prabably more success to come...

Well done mate...

With the half-dollar sized patch I lost, I've cut it even shorter now. But the patch is growing back quickly... and mabe a little fuller.

I got real close to a 0 though.

Mad_Jasper

Reaction score
GeminiX said:

Thanks. That is one of the most amazing comebacks I've seen. Congratulations.

I couldn't help but notice (it being obvious and all) that you are a Disney fan. :)
I noticed the photo of you at Crystal Palace - one of my favorite places to eat at Disney. We have been going twice a year but I think we are real close to becoming a DVC member.

Again, congratulations on your success.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Did your forelock feel thinner in the first/second month of propecia or about the same? The reason I ask is both you and I have very similair hair color.

Mad_Jasper

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Did your forelock feel thinner in the first/second month of propecia or about the same? The reason I ask is both you and I have very similair hair color.

I think your speaking of the frontal area, right? I didn't notice any real thickening or thinning, however, there were quite a few fine, white hairs growing near my hairline on my temples. Since then, it's filling in slowly.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Mad_Jasper said:
GeminiX said:

Thanks. That is one of the most amazing comebacks I've seen. Congratulations.

I couldn't help but notice (it being obvious and all) that you are a Disney fan. :)
I noticed the photo of you at Crystal Palace - one of my favorite places to eat at Disney. We have been going twice a year but I think we are real close to becoming a DVC member.

Again, congratulations on your success.

Cheers Jasper :)

I am indeed a Disney fan and I most definately agree with you on the Crystal Palace, it's a "must do" every year.

DVC membership is well worth it if you visit a lot, not sure if you've had the tour (and free meal at Beaches and Cream), but go and check it out if you haven't. There is no pressure at all, it quite literally sells itself.

Mad_Jasper

Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while. Still doing the daily regimen and slowly getting results. I have recovered and then some from the sudden loss of hair on my crown last July. My hair is looking much healthier over all. My wife works at a dermatologist and the Dr. gave me a two month supply of Follicare. I just began using it in conjuntion with my current regimen. I'll update with pics soon.

Mad_Jasper

Reaction score
OK... it's been a while since I posted. Life just kinda kept me busy. My regimen hasn't change and here are my latest pictures.

July 2009
Face.jpg

August 2009
Crown2.jpg

August 2009
Crown082409.jpg

Re-growth kind of hit a plateau for a while, but in the last month or so, I've noticed more new hair. It's a dramatic difference from Dec 07.

tgates209

Established Member
Reaction score
Great pictures, man. The top of your head is completely different now. Overall from the start, did any of the treatment help with the front or was it pretty much even steven? Only improvement on the top?